Wednesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:33 am

Maicon is top of Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini's summer wish-list, according to SSU.
The Inter Milan full-back has been linked with a move this summer having stood out in the Nerazzurri's treble-winning side this season.
Real Madrid have been reported as the Brazil international's most likely destination, with Jose Mourinho having just left Inter to take charge of the Spanish giants.
But Maicon's agent, Antonio Caliendo, claims Chelsea and Premier League rivals City are also firmly in the hunt.
Mancini signed the 28-year-old for Inter from Monaco in the summer of 2006 and Caliendo reckons a swoop for Maicon could spark City's latest spending spree.
"The situation is very clear - in life, everything is bought and sold, except love," he told calciomercato.it.
"His future is being decided in the coming days.
"Have Chelsea revived their interest? As I've always said, there isn't only Real Madrid interested in Maicon.
"I don't neglect Manchester City either. Roberto Mancini has coached him and Maicon is the first name on the pad of the former Inter coach."

Man City offer Barca 35-million euros for Ibrahimovic
Manchester City have reportedly made a 35-million euro bid for Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic , although the offer doesn't appear to be high enough to land the Swede.
It comes after the Catalan club said it could not rule out offloading the forward, following some disparaging remarks about the club and its coach by the player's agent, Mino Raiola.
The Spanish paper Sport reported on Tuesday that Barcelona said Manchester City's offer was "poor," and that it would not convince them to offload the Swede. Ibrahimovic joined Barcelona from Inter last year for an estimated fee of 66 million euros, a price which included Samuel Eto'o moving in the other direction.
Sport said Barcelona were looking at around the 50-million euro mark for the player, whose contract expires at the end of the 2013/ 2014 season.
Raiola has said a move to England would interest the player, attracting Chelsea, as well as Manchester City.
Ibrahimovic scored 20 goals in 42 appearances for Barcelona last season, but still failed to find favour in the eyes of the club's coach Josep "Pep" Guardiola and its critical fans.

Edin Dzeko set for Manchester City switch
Roberto Mancini is closing on £36m Wolfsburg ace
Manchester City were closing in on a shock £36million deal for Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko on Tuesday night.
The surprise move followed the German club's announcement that the Bosnia forward was set to stay after clubs failed to meet Monday's midnight deadline for his £34m buy-out clause.
The highly rated Dzeko scored 27 goals in 46 appearances for Wolfsburg last season and had become a target for Manchester United, Tottenham, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Chelsea but none could match City's financial muscle.
Striking turnaround: Dzeko was expected to stay at Wolfsburg next season
Sportsmail revealed City had expressed their interest last week as they also lined up a move for Valencia's David Silva. Talks continued over the weekend and City now look to have got their man.
They had lined up a £25m deal for Dzeko last season but believed he had his heart set on a move to AC Milan and switched priorities.
Wolfsburg had expressed interest in City strikers Craig Bellamy and Roque Santa Cruz but both were reluctant to move to Germany.
Wolfsburg manager Steve McClaren will be disappointed with Dzeko's departure but will have a decent transfer kitty to launch his assault on the transfer market.
General manager Dieter Hoeness had earlier expressed delight that Dzeko was staying.
However, City's money in the end looks to have persuaded Wolfsburg it was too good an opportunity to turn down, regardless of timing.
The 24-year-old has spent three years at Wolfsburg. He has played 23 times for Bosnia, scoring 14 goals.

Aston Villa will make a £5million swoop for young England defender Nedum Onuoha.
The Manchester City centre-half has become frustrated with his limited opportunities at Eastlands, and now Villa boss Martin O'Neill is ready to offer him a lifeline.
The England Under-21 defender only signed a new five year contract at City last summer, but since then he has slipped down the pecking order in his favoured central defensive position.
Onuoha struggled with injuries during the first half of the campaign, but even when he recovered his fitness he was restricted to just 13 appearances in all competitions, and most at full-back.
He has been linked with Everton and Newcastle, but Villa are prepared to meet City's asking price of £5million, and the 23-year-old would be attracted by European football next season.

Meanwhile Milner dilly and dally's
JAMES MILNER has refused to commit himself to Aston Villa and could join Manchester City for £30million after the World Cup.
Milner held talks with Villa about a new £70,000-a-week deal but has not given them an answer. If he decides to go, Villa would hold out for £30m.
Returning from England’s training camp in Austria to meet Villa owner Randy Lerner, chief executive Paul Faulkner and manager Martin O’Neill, Milner, who was with his agent, was told Villa want to keep him and that he is an important part of the team.
Lerner also spelt out his ambitions for the club and that money would be available for O’Neill to strengthen the side for another tilt at Champions League football next season.
Villa asked for talks with Milner after rejecting a £20m bid from City and were braced for an increased offer, but City have waited for Milner to meet with the Villa hierarchy.
Milner has not committed himself and said he wanted to go to the World Cup before making his decision.
O’Neill hoped to have the matter sorted out before England fly to South Africa today and is now in a difficult position as he does not know whether to plan for Milner being part of his team or whether he has to find a replacement, as he did when Gareth Barry left for City.
Villa are prepared to play hardball with City. O’Neill held out until he got £12m for Barry from City and they will have to almost treble that for Milner. O’Neill would consider £30m a good price, but only if Milner wants to leave.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is apparently considering a move for Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz and could offer midfielder Yossi Benayoun in part-exchange.Daily Mail

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thestonecoldlock.com/wag-of- ... -nordegren

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Tottenham will rebuff any move by AC Milan to sign full-back Gareth Bale. The Italians have made enquiries about the Wales international over the past year. Daily Mail

Chelsea's Slovakian World Cup winger Miroslav Stoch is ready to sign for Turkish giants Galatasaray in a surprise £2.5m deal. Daily Mirror

Arsenal are preparing to let young midfielder Francis Coquelin, 19, join Lorient on a season-long loan to help improve their chances of landing the French side's 24-year-old defender Laurent Koscielny.Daily Mail

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is apparently considering a move for Palermo's impressive young centre back Simon Kjaer this summer. caughtoffside.com

Fulham are in talks to sign former Liverpool left-back Fabio Aurelio on a free transfer. The Brazilian recently failed to agree terms with Liverpool on a pay-as-you- play deal.Daily Mail

Blackburn are back on the trail of Lech Poznan's Polish striker Robert Lewandowski after his proposed £6m move to Borussia Dortmund hit a hitch.
Daily Mail

Celtic have won the race to sign Hull's Jimmy Bullard after the midfielder agreed to join the Scottish giants on a 12-month loan deal. Daily Mirror

Midfielder Darren Ambrose's protracted move to London rivals QPR was in doubt last night after his club Crystal Palace were saved from the brink of closure. Ambrose has already undergone a medical and agreed personal terms with Rangers but Palace's prospective new owners CPFC 2010 may refuse to sell. Daily Mail

Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies is lining up a £2m bid for Cardiff midfielder Peter Whittingham. Daily Mirror

QPR have offered to almost double Paddy Kenny's wages in a bid to lure the keeper from Sheffield United to Loftus Road. Daily Mirror

West Brom manager Roberto Di Matteo is making a £1.2m bid to sign keeper Boaz Myhill from cash-strapped Hull. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has started to make plans for a rejection from England boss Fabio Capello by moving to discuss the managerial vacancy at the San Siro with Fulham boss Roy Hodgson, who has had two previous spells at the San Siro. : Daily Mail

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has revealed his anger and frustration after being told by the Anfield board there will be no money to spend in the summer. Daily Mirror

Benitez's future at Liverpool will be decided at a third round of talks with his Liverpool employers next week, with the club eager to tie the Spaniard to the club in the face of interest in his services from Inter Milan. The Sun

Former Arsenal and Manchester City striker Paul Dickov will be handed the manager's job at Oldham after impressing in an interview. Dickov, 37, who spent the second half of this season with Leeds, has never managed before.Daily Mail

Striker Robbie Blake has turned down Burnley's 'final offer' of a one-year contract because he feels he is worth a longer deal with the Clarets.Daily Mirror

Manchester United chief executive David Gill admits he does not think the 'Green and Gold' protests, conducted by Red Devils supporters unhappy with the club's American owners the Glazers, are going to be abandoned. "There were some comments last week that I was belittling the protest," said Gill. "That could not be further from the truth. We understand it and it will be there." Daily Mail

Season Review Part 2
Emmanuel Adebayor was on the mark again as Manchester City continued their winning start to the new season against Wolves at Eastlands.
Adebayor may have been the match-winner with a crisp 17th-minute strike to follow on from his opening day goal at Blackburn Rovers, but there is no disputing Carlos Tevez is the new darling of City's fans after switching allegiance from Manchester United.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 210640.stm
Last edited by Chinners on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Dronny » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:41 am

Good luck at Oldham Dicky
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ezz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:55 am

I would deffo take benayoun and get rid of santa cruz in the process. When gerrard was injured last season, Benayoun did well in his place. He was great at west ham too.
Ezz
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:34 am

Ezz wrote:I would deffo take benayoun and get rid of santa cruz in the process. When gerrard was injured last season, Benayoun did well in his place. He was great at west ham too.

He is exactly the player we need in midfield. Been a big fan of his since he was at West Ham. I'd be delighted with him with or without an exchange.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby kinkylola » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 am

god dammit just buy someone already!
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ezz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:28 am

Ho ho - seen the wiki for Dzeko?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edin_D%C5%BEeko

Edin Džeko(born 17 March 1986), who was recently subject to two bids from city rivals Manchester United and Manchester City, however Wolfsburg only accepted Manchester City's as Manchester United could only offer a bottle of whiskey and half a lion bar, is a Bosnian footballer who plays as a striker for the club VfL Wolfsburg and the Bosnia and Herzegovina national football team. In December 2009, he was named Bosnian Footballer of the Year.
Ezz
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby btajim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Benayoun and we send Santa Cruz the other way? Where do we sign, Liverpool?

Yossi will be a great addition to the Squad. Brilliant playmaker who can play in a few different positions.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Sorry but Benayoun is one of those many players that looks good from the outside, becuase we see the flashes of brilliance. There is a reason he is not usually selected, and the last time I was Dippers live at season end he was absolutely dire and hooked off.

So we get rid of one of only 3 strikers we have - Ade, Apache and Santa - before we sign another forward eh? Maybe bring back Big Phil?

Insanity season indeed.

I say we need to go into 2010/11 season with 4 front-line strikers, Santa or no Santa. If we cant sign 2 strikers, he stays.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:Sorry but Benayoun is one of those many players that looks good from the outside, becuase we see the flashes of brilliance. There is a reason he is not usually selected, and the last time I was Dippers live at season end he was absolutely dire and hooked off.

So we get rid of one of only 3 strikers we have - Ade, Apache and Santa - before we sign another forward eh? Maybe bring back Big Phil?

Insanity season indeed.

I say we need to go into 2010/11 season with 4 front-line strikers, Santa or no Santa. If we cant sign 2 strikers, he stays.

Lets fook off Santa,Boj and Big Phil,Keep Ade,Carlitos,sign Suarez and one big man Dzeko?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:42 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Sorry but Benayoun is one of those many players that looks good from the outside, becuase we see the flashes of brilliance. There is a reason he is not usually selected, and the last time I was Dippers live at season end he was absolutely dire and hooked off.

Insanity season indeed.

Lets fook off Santa,Boj and Big Phil,Keep Ade,Carlitos,sign Suarez and one big man Dzeko?

Actually, I'd kick the above mentioned players out of the Club, sign Dzeko and play Bellamy up front when needs be+ give Nimely and other youngsters chance every now and then.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:50 pm

AJ down but not out after axe
Winger ready to launch Euro 2012 qualifying bid
Adam Johnson says he will use his omission from Fabio Capello's England squad for the World Cup finals to his advantage.
Johnson was one of the seven unfortunate bodies to be left at home by Capello, who trimmed his party from 30 to 23 on Tuesday.
But the Manchester City winger said he would not be disheartened by the rejection - and instead vowed to force his way into the Three Lions plans for the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign, which gets underway in September.
The 22-year-old admitted he was frustrated not to have been given more time to prove his worth to the England hierarchy after making a six-minute bow in the friendly against Mexico.
But the former Middlesbrough man says his progression from the Championship to the fringes of the World Cup finals provided more than enough satisfaction for the short term.
Showcase
Johnson told City's official website: "Of course I was a bit down when I got the news and my first thought was that I wish I'd had more of a chance to show what I could do in the two warm-up matches.
"I would have loved the chance to showcase what I can do on the biggest stage of all but I am not going to dwell on it.
"The England management made it clear to me that I have an international future and I am going to have a rest now and then get my head down and get ready to try and work my way into the side for September qualifiers.
"I suppose if you had mentioned the World Cup to me back in December I would have smiled but I had a thought in the back of my mind when I signed for City that if I did well I might have half a chance. I am going to take the positives out of the last two weeks."
Johnson's maiden cap for his country suggested Capello was ready to hand the midfield star a bow at the tournament in South Africa.
Shaun Wright-Phillips and Aaron Lennon were included to cover the wing berths, however, leaving the Eastlands man and Theo Walcott to mull over their omissions.
The irony of Johnson missing out was that Man City team-mate Wright Phillips had lost his place to him earlier in the domestic scene, with boss Roberto Mancini preferring the Sunderland-born player in his starting XI.
No hard feelings
But he insisted there was no ill-feeling toward his colleague who made the final cut.
He added: "I am an England fan and in a way I built up so many bonds in the last couple of weeks that I will still feel part of it. I have spoken to Shaun (Wright-Phillips), wished him good luck and told him to go and do well.
"There are certainly no hard feelings towards him. I am delighted for Gareth (Barry) too. He has had a great season and it would have been so cruel for injury to have robbed him of a World Cup.
"The lads are fully capable of winning the World Cup. I think we have a great chance along with maybe two or three other sides.
"Of course we will need a bit of luck along the way that goes with winning anything in sport but no one should write off England's chances."

Germany defender Jerome Boateng has confirmed he will sign for Manchester City before departing for the World Cup in South Africa.
A £10.46million (12.5million euro) move has appeared on the cards for several weeks now, and the 21-year-old told Bild magazine it will be wrapped up in the coming days.
"I am going to sign on (for City) before leaving for the World Cup and the deal will be completed," he said.
"It has been decided that I am moving there."
Boateng confirmed City manager Roberto Mancini had visited him in Hamburg and talked him into the move.
"He came with two representatives to Hamburg and we chatted for one or two hours," said Boateng.
"He convinced me to make the transfer. He believes that I will definitely need a few months to get settled in once in England, but that he sees so much potential in me that he will improve me.
"Even if many people say that I am going to struggle to make the breakthrough, I am confident that I will.
"I am not afraid of anybody."
Boateng is keen to leave Germany, where he says his family is being hounded by the media after his half-brother Kevin-Prince's foul on Michael Ballack in the FA Cup final ruled the Germany captain out of the World Cup.
Jerome could come up against his sibling in Germany's final group game against Ghana since Kevin-Prince recently switched allegiances, which was permissible due to a parental link with the African nation.

Arsenal are reportedly considering a move for Lyon's defensive midfielder Jean Makoun this summer.
caughtoffside.com

Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard is plastered across the front of today's Marca, with the paper claiming that new boss Jose Mourinho has identified the England international as the man to lead his Real Madrid revolution.Daily Mirror

Barcelona defender Dmytro Chygrynskiy could be given to Arsenal on loan in order to lower the price of Cesc Fabregas, who the Catalan side have targeted as their chief summer signing.Daily Mirror

Season Review - Part 3
Emmanuel Adebayor kept up his record of scoring in every league game this season to help Manchester City maintain their 100% start to the season.
The Togo striker rose above the Pompey defence to thump in a header from Gareth Barry's excellent corner.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 222249.stm
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby btajim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:59 pm

You're apologising for having a view?

No, Benayoun is a very talented Player who needs to used correctly as opposed to a start/stop career at Liverpool. I think he'd be a great addition to the Squad.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:14 pm

btajim wrote:

You're apologising for having a view?

No, Benayoun is a very talented Player who needs to used correctly as opposed to a start/stop career at Liverpool. I think he'd be a great addition to the Squad.

i agree. i believe he'd be a fantastic addition. A lot of what we were missing this season.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum