Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun May 30, 2010 8:35 am

News of the Bollox ... bollocks
SHAY GIVEN has urged James Milner to quit Aston Villa and fire Manchester City into the Champions League.
England midfielder Milner is top of City boss Roberto Mancini's summer shopping list.
And keeper Given believes his former Newcastle team-mate is just what City need to gatecrash the top four.
Given said: "James has had a great season with Aston Villa and he played some fantastic stuff when I was at Newcastle with him as well.
"He has bags of energy and great ability, left or right foot. He is a very good talent.
"If he comes to the club great - he will be a good addition.
"I drop the odd text now and again and still keep in touch. He has had a fantastic season and you hope he does well in the World Cup in the summer.
"City are moving forward for sure. We have some good players in the squad and everything is set up for success, the training ground, the stadium and fans.
"I think we have a good squad and if players want to come here they will have a good look around and think we are a club going places.
"Next year we will be stronger and better and I am sure the manager is working hard behind the scenes to try and bring in some players over the summer."
Given also believes the City board have made the right call by sticking with Mancini despite failing to achieve his target of a top-four finish.
Republic of Ireland international Given said: "The manager staying is a big bonus.
"The club needs stabilising and it needs a manager to be here for a number of years to get his own methods across and put his own team together.
"Rome was not built in a day and we are building steadily so we cannot chop and change the manager every few months."
Given also revealed his heartache at being forced to watch City's Champions League dream die from the stands after missing the final three games of the season through injury.
Given added: "It was frustrating as I played every game until the last week of the season and then missed three games in a week.
"It was very difficult watching.
"It was very disappointing for the players, staff and manager because we were all geared up to play in the Champions League.
"But we will try and achieve that next season and with the UEFA Cup we have got the cup competitions as well. As a player you want to win trophies."

MANCHESTER CITY want to offload Brazilian flop Jo as part of the package to sign David Silva from Valencia.
City are offering around £25million for Spanish World Cup winger Silva but are hoping that Valencia take a chance on Jo.
Valencia were in for the City striker before he moved to England and may be tempted by the offer. The Spanish club are short up front after selling David Villa to Barcelona.
Jo, who cost City £20m two years ago, was loaned to Everton and Galatasaray last season.
Manchester United chief Sir Alex Ferguson has monitored Silva's formin the past, but believes he does not have the pace for the British game.
City are also looking for a new home for Emmanuel Adebayor, with AC Milan showing renewed interest in taking the striker to the San Siro.
Adebayor and Stephen Ireland have been offered to Liverpool in an exchange involving Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.
City are also eyeing up forward Edin Dzeko of German club Wolfsburg.

OTHER CITY BOLLOX
Black Cats join Toon’s battle for Dedryck Boyata
SUNDERLAND have joined in a Tyne-Wear battle with Newcastle for young Manchester City defender Dedryck Boyata.
But both North East rivals face an uphill task to persuade City boss Roberto Mancini to part with the 19-year-old Belgian – even on loan.
Boyata was voted City’s Young Player of the Year despite making only five first-team appearances last season, and is hopeful of breaking into Mancini’s squad more regularly in 2010-11.
While Newcastle’s interest in a loan move for Boyata was revealed this week, the Sunday Sun has learned that Sunderland have also made enquiries about the 6ft 2in teenager.
Steve Bruce’s interest was aroused by Boyata’s impressive performances in City’s two-leg Carling Cup semi-final defeat against Manchester United in January.
Newcastle would also struggle in any loan bid for Boyata’s club-mate Nedum Onuoha, who is thought to have little interest in moving to St James’ Park while his former City colleague Joey Barton is a Newcastle player.
Newcastle’s hierarchy this week confirmed – in contacting newspapers to deny numerous transfer stories – that the “no capital outlay” referred to in their recent five-year mission statement DOES mean that they will be making no cash signings. And with Aston Villa, Everton and, again, Sunderland all interested in offering Onuoha – who is out of favour at City under Mancini – a permanent escape route from Eastlands, there is even less prospect of the England Under-21 international ending up on Tyneside.

Emmanuel Adebayor earmarked by AC Milan as the man to wrestle power back from Inter
Emmanuel Adebayor is the striker AC Milan believe will help them prise back the Serie A title from city rivals Inter.
The Italians made their first move for Manchester City’s powerful African forward earlier this week when the two clubs met to consider an offer for AC’s Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato.
The bid for the 20-year-old was dismissed by Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani, who then enquired about Adebayor, the highest-paid player on the Eastlands staff.
Milan accept the Togo international will cost them at least the £25million City paid Arsenal for him a year ago.
Judging by the approach the Eastlands club made for Nikola Zigic before the Valencia striker joined Birmingham for £6m, however, it is clear they are prepared to offload Adebayor. He scored 14 goals in 25 Premier League appearances last season.
According to Zigic’s representative, there had been discussions between the Serb marksman and City, with the eventual sale of Adebayor to Valencia as part of any deal.
Adebayor enjoyed a mixed season with City, who missed out on the Champions League place that he had envisaged when he left Arsenal almost 12 months ago. He was traumatised when the coach carrying the Togo national side in Namibia came under terrorist attack on their way to the Africa Cup of Nations Finals.
There have been suggestions, denied by Adebayor’s agent Stephane Courbis, the player was unsettled enough at City to be eager for a move if a transfer came up.

Everton defender John Heitinga is set to become the next Toffees star to attract the interest of big-spending Manchester City with the Dutch World Cup squad member saying that he has the door open for a big club.Mail on Sunday

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.predictfootball.co.uk/predic ... -the-week/

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is set to have talks with Tottenham striker Robbie Keane about a permanent move. News of the World

Manchester United and Chelsea would have to pay £25m to land Athletico Madrid's teenage goalkeeping sensation David de Gea. Sunday Mirror

Everton and Sunderland are chasing Paris St Germain midfielder Stephane Sessegnon. News of the World

The Toffees are also targeting Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam. News of the World

Chelsea face a fight to keep their Double-winning team together this week as former manager Jose Mourinho intensifies his efforts to recruit Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole for Real Madrid. Mail on Sunday

Real Madrid will raise the possibility of a player-exchange, with Brazil superstar Kaka, who worked with Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti at AC Milan, and Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain in the frame. Mail on Sunday

New Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has told Chelsea they can have Brazil forward Kaka if midfielder Frank Lampard goes the other way. News of the World

Barcelona will step up their £50m pursuit of Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas if they can offload midfielder Yaya Toure. News of the World

But Mourinho is threatening to spark a debate in Spain by naming Fabregas as one of his transfer targets for Real. Sunday Express

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to tempt Newcastle with a £5m bid to land defender Steven Taylor, despite strong interest from Premier League champions Chelsea as well as Aston Villa and Everton.Sunday Mirror

Wenger also wants young Crewe midfielder Nick Powell. News of the World

But Wenger could miss out on Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega with Martin O'Neill ready to battle to bring him to Villa Park. Sunday Mirror

And Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer has played down speculation linking him with a move to the Gunners. (The Observer)

Sunderland are on the brink of the £4m double signing of Estudiantes right-back Marcos Angeleri and Sint-Truidense keeper Simon Mignolet. News of the World

Everton are considering a move for young Danish striker Nicki Bille Neilsen, who plays for FC Nordsjaelland. News of the World

The Goodison Park club are also on the verge of signing striker Jermaine Beckford, whose deal at Leeds has finished. Independent on Sunday

Middlesbrough are competing with Wigan, Wolves and Leeds for the signature of Scunthorpe forward Gary Hooper. (News of the World)

Celtic could exploit a Uefa loophole to sign Cardiff midfielder Joe Ledley for nothing. (News of the World)

West Ham striker Carlton Cole is desperate to stay at the club, despite co-owner David Sullivan declaring that every player bar Scott Parker is for sale. News of the World

QPR are close to signing Bristol City full-back Bradley Orr for £500,000. (News of the World)

OTHER BOLLOX
England coach Fabio Capello has refused to commit to the job beyond the World Cup amid speculation he could quit after the tournament to become boss of Inter Milan or Italy. News of the World

Capello wants reassurances about his future as England coach - and will walk away if he does not get them quickly. Sunday Express

Jose Mourinho will have a clause in his new Real Madrid contract to allow an escape route back to the Premier League in two years' time. Sunday Mirror

Mourinho is convinced he will succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager. News of the World

Manchester United striker Michael Owen is having secret training sessions to prove his fitness to boss Ferguson. News of the World

Balram Chainrai, the Portsmouth owner who put the club into administration earlier this year, will "reluctantly" take control of the Fratton Park side again and attempt to remarket the club if no other buyer is found. The Observer

Alex Ferguson will ask Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville to stay at Manchester United as coaches once their playing days are over. Mail on Sunday

More bollox soon ...
Last edited by Chinners on Sun May 30, 2010 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Vhero » Sun May 30, 2010 8:58 am

MANCHESTER CITY want to offload Brazilian flop Jo as part of the package to sign David Silva from Valencia.

Quality Idea!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Sun May 30, 2010 9:10 am

I'd be disappointed to see Adebayor go. I think the Guy owes us a prolific season given how much we paid for him and how much he's being paid.

09/10 was a turbulent season for him.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 30, 2010 9:15 am

25m for Silva.......35 if they agree to take Jo. sounds fair to me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Chinners » Sun May 30, 2010 9:51 am

btajim wrote:I'd be disappointed to see Adebayor go. I think the Guy owes us a prolific season given how much we paid for him and how much he's being paid.

09/10 was a turbulent season for him.

Totally agree Jim, he was on fire until that 90 yard run to his ex fans .... I reckon/hope he continues that superb early form for us.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby colonel_muck » Sun May 30, 2010 10:04 am

yeah would be disappointed to see ade go and think he's a had a fine season don't think he'll ever be a 25+ a season striker again but with tevez doing that i'm happy for him to chip in with 15-20 goals. also nice one kieran richardson!
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby btajim » Sun May 30, 2010 10:12 am

colonel_muck wrote:yeah would be disappointed to see ade go and think he's a had a fine season don't think he'll ever be a 25+ a season striker again but with tevez doing that i'm happy for him to chip in with 15-20 goals. also nice one kieran richardson!

Adebayor has had a disappointing season in terms of Goals scored because his previous achievements were much higher. It's just been turbulent for him in terms of the suspension and what happened with the Togo Team.

I want the Guy to stay at City for years.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 30, 2010 10:38 am

btajim wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:yeah would be disappointed to see ade go and think he's a had a fine season don't think he'll ever be a 25+ a season striker again but with tevez doing that i'm happy for him to chip in with 15-20 goals. also nice one kieran richardson!

Adebayor has had a disappointing season in terms of Goals scored because his previous achievements were much higher. It's just been turbulent for him in terms of the suspension and what happened with the Togo Team.

In his eight seasons of playing professional football, he has only once managed more league goals than last season.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 30, 2010 11:09 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
btajim wrote:

In his eight seasons of playing professional football, he has only once managed more league goals than last season.

And his goals per game ratio isn't bad at all.

As for Jo one can only assume his value in any exchange would be about a fiver (not sure in who's favour!)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Sun May 30, 2010 11:38 am

If City start to dominate the midfield in games next season Ade will score for fun.. simple as. He is a great striker and can get in the right place etc.. he is pretty lethal.. if one on one you know what is going to happen.
The midfield was the problem this season.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby btajim » Sun May 30, 2010 11:59 am

john@staustell wrote:
btajim wrote:Adebayor has had a disappointing season in terms of Goals scored because his previous achievements were much higher. It's just been turbulent for him in terms of the suspension and what happened with the Togo Team.

And his goals per game ratio isn't bad at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Adebayor

I stand corrected. I suppose I was used to seeing him score against us for Arsenal.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Oh my fekking god, did that first story come from News of the World? I watched the SSN interview with Given from Friday (that the story seems to be based loosely on) and he was asked a direct question about Milner to which he gave a vague answer out of politeness, then followed up by stating it wasn't right to comment on players contracted to other clubs.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Vhero » Sun May 30, 2010 2:51 pm

brite blu sky wrote:If City start to dominate the midfield in games next season Ade will score for fun.. simple as. He is a great striker and can get in the right place etc.. he is pretty lethal.. if one on one you know what is going to happen.
The midfield was the problem this season.

This..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby edge275 » Sun May 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Dameerto wrote:Oh my fekking god, did that first story come from News of the World? I watched the SSN interview with Given from Friday (that the story seems to be based loosely on) and he was asked a direct question about Milner to which he gave a vague answer out of politeness, then followed up by stating it wasn't right to comment on players contracted to other clubs.

Haha, it's a joke isn't it.

Reporter: "So Shay, what do you think about the rumours of James Milner coming to City?"

Given: "Well, I don't really like to say too much about another team's player but he is a great footballer and if he does end up coming, then great"

News of the World Headline: SHAY GIVEN TAPS UP JAMES MILNER
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun May 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Dameerto wrote:Oh my fekking god, did that first story come from News of the World? I watched the SSN interview with Given from Friday (that the story seems to be based loosely on) and he was asked a direct question about Milner to which he gave a vague answer out of politeness, then followed up by stating it wasn't right to comment on players contracted to other clubs.

Haha, you beat me to that, he said nothing of the fucking sort did he!

He was very respectful about the contract situation with Villa, but the question he was asked was about playing with Milner at Newcastle, to which he gave that answer about Milner being a very good player. He said he still keeps in touch from time to time, but the upshot of it was, he didnt want to get involved in a discussion about another club's player joining city.

Proof if ever needed just how easy it is to make a story up from different parts of a genuine interview.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 30, 2010 4:30 pm

I need some kind of gullibility warning if those stories are jokes 'cause I keep falling for them.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Chinners » Sun May 30, 2010 6:35 pm

I'd say 85% are jokes, hence the title of the thread .... working out the 15% is the hard bit
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby halnone » Sun May 30, 2010 6:39 pm

i like the WAG... and the poll on the side. lol 44% say city will win the title next year... only 4 votes though. but still
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 30, 2010 8:57 pm

halnone wrote:i like the WAG... and the poll on the side. lol 44% say city will win the title next year... only 4 votes though. but still

how does 4 votes transfer to 44%?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby halnone » Sun May 30, 2010 10:57 pm

halnone wrote:i like the WAG... and the poll on the side. lol 44% say city will win the title next year... only 4 votes though. but still

how does 4 votes transfer to 44%?

when 4 votes is 44% of the total amount..
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum