Saturday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat May 29, 2010 1:45 am

BLING SEALS ROBINHO DEAL
MANCHESTER City star Robinho is moving into the house of Derby County’s Robbie Savage after being blown away by its bling factor.
The £32.5million British record signing was wowed by the Welsh midfielder’s swanky £2.35million home during a tour of Cheshire’s top mansions.
And he has beaten footie rival Dimitar Berbatov, of Man United, to sign on the dotted line for the unique five-bedroom home in Prestbury.
As we revealed earlier this month, the pair were involved in a property battle after signing for the rival clubs on the final day of the transfer window.
The pair both turned their noses up at a £6.5million pad close to Cristiano Ronaldo’s home, while Robinho also checked out the Alderley Edge property of ex-Man United ace Mikael Silvestre.
Robinho, 24, was shown around Savage’s home – which has featured on MTV’s Footballers’ Cribs – last week.
He will rent the pad for £10,000 a month until he decides on a permanent move.
A source said: “Robbie Savage’s house fits the bill. It is fully furnished and Robinho loves all the bling.
“It’s also full of boys’ toys and gadgets, which the footballers love.”
How the feck this is latest 'news' is beyond me!

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... eiled.html

Matthew Upson is likely to be sold this summer
31 year old Upson has one year left to run on his current contract. He has been linked to Liverpool and Tottenham may also be interested in adding experienced cover. West Ham have offered Upson a new deal but aren’t about to break the bank to keep him and would rather let him go now than lose him for nothing.
“We keep hearing the agent may have done a deal with a bigger club. I can’t say who but I wish they’d get on and make an offer.” Said Sullivan “We’ve had offers from lesser clubs who he probably wouldn’t go to. He probably fancies one last throw of the dice at a big club. I wish Matthew well.”
If Upson leaves beefing up the defence must become a priority, it was the defensive frailties that repeatedly left West Ham exposed last season. Zola was unable to field a settled back four through out the season, the continuity at the back was vital to finishing 10th under Curbishley and 9th the following season with Zola. Spector, although versatile, was often a worrying sight at the back whilst James Tomkins went through a poor period being dropped for Da Costa.
Sullivan says he is looking to Europe for possible cover “We’re looking at a centre half from Spain who is only 20 and we’re looking at a German international who’s a senior player. They’re all irons in the fire but we might get none of them.’

Birmingham signing Zigic rejected Villa AND Man City
Nikola Zigic turned down Aston Villa AND Manchester City to sign with Birmingham City this week.
Blues completed the £6million capture of Zigic from Valencia on a four-year contract.
But his representative, Milan Calasan, revealed he had met with representatives of City in Switzerland en route to Birmingham.
And he claimed Villa had "begged" for the deal to be put on hold until Martin O'Neill returned from holiday.
He told the Birmingham Mail: "In Switzerland we met with a representative of Manchester City. We wanted to hear his plans before we met with Birmingham.
"They introduced into the game the eventual sale of (Emmanuel) Adebayor so it was immediately clear that everything was long term, so it was no surprise we automatically withdrew from everything.
"Then we were contacted by Aston Villa on the day Nikola had already arrived in Birmingham.
"They begged us to wait a while. Without Martin O'Neill, no decision can be taken and he is on holiday.
"In that case, there was nothing more logical than to finish a job with the club where all the doors were open (Birmingham).
"We had a great welcome from Birmingham. Alex McLeish (Birmingham) spent an hour chatting in the hotel to Nikola."

Valencia confirm talks with Manchester City over £25 million David Silva deal
Valencia president Manuel Llorente has confirmed that talks have taken place with Manchester City over the possible £25 million transfer of Spain winger David Silva.
City chief executive Garry Cook, who returned from a business trip to Spain on Friday night with football administrator Brian Marwood, had been due to meet Llorente in Valencia on Thursday before re-scheduling for a later date.
Llorente said: “The news is true. City got in touch with us asking for a meeting, but then they informed us that they could not come and that they intend to do so a little further down the line."
Sport on television Valencia have warned Silva, who has previously expressed a desire to join Manchester United or Real Madrid, that he will not be allowed to leave for less than £25 million.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Esky » Sat May 29, 2010 2:51 am

Why would anyone buy Upson after last season? He was awful.

Zigic is a bit of a coup for Brum.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Slim » Sat May 29, 2010 3:22 am

Signing Zigic sort of defines Birmingham to play a lot like their cross town rivals, probably in a 4-5-1 and with him being the focus for long ball after long ball. I am guessing they are trying to avoid second season syndrome.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bobadji » Sat May 29, 2010 3:29 am

Chinners in "I won't be late with the bollox this Saturday" overcompensation.
bobadji

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby SORTED » Sat May 29, 2010 4:42 am

Esky wrote:Why would anyone buy Upson after last season? He was awful.

Maybe he just had too much arse action...allegedley
SORTED

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat May 29, 2010 5:29 am

It does. Then again, I was convinced by lot of people here last summer how Upson should be our top target. When I said that I thought he had gone through lucky season, I remember being called blinded by Hughes hate (we had been linked to him). Some of the usual suspects, still making these claims were involved as ever.

Indeed goes to show.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 29, 2010 6:08 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

It does. Then again, I was convinced by lot of people here last summer how Upson should be our top target. When I said that I thought he had gone through lucky season, I remember being called blinded by Hughes hate (we had been linked to him). Some of the usual suspects, still making these claims were involved as ever.

Indeed goes to show.

Once again, you were BANG on the mark. That must be every single claim at this stage? :)

For the record, I never wanted Upson. Could never see what the fuss was about. Parker & Bellamy I most certainly did, eventhough the vast majority on here didn't.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat May 29, 2010 7:04 am

Original Dub wrote:

Indeed goes to show.

Once again, you were BANG on the mark. That must be every single claim at this stage? :)

For the record, I never wanted Upson. Could never see what the fuss was about. Parker & Bellamy I most certainly did, eventhough the vast majority on here didn't.

This isn't about oneupmanship but that I got harshly treated and remember it well.

Parker is shit.

I was definitely wrong about Bellamy. And Samaras. And Jo. Last one was the most gutting as I still believe he'd be top player if he wanted to.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 29, 2010 7:20 am

Original Dub wrote:

Indeed goes to show.

This isn't about oneupmanship but that I got harshly treated and remember it well.

Parker is shit.

I was definitely wrong about Bellamy. And Samaras. And Jo. Last one was the most gutting as I still believe he'd be top player if he wanted to.

Now that's just wrong.

I'm with you on Samaras and Jo.

The funny thing is, I remember at the time Wenger had been eyeing Samaras and then switched his attention to another striker and paid similar money to what we did. Adebayor. We flog Sam to Celtic for half the price and end up buying the latter for £25m. I believe that would be "typical city".
Original Dub

Postby Esky » Sat May 29, 2010 7:31 am

I thought he bought the house a few months back.
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 29, 2010 7:41 am

Svensational wrote:
MANCHESTER City star Robinho is moving into the house of Derby County’s Robbie Savage after being blown away by its bling factor.
The £32.5million British record signing was wowed by the Welsh midfielder’s swanky £2.35million home during a tour of Cheshire’s top mansions.
And he has beaten footie rival Dimitar Berbatov, of Man U***d, to sign on the dotted line for the unique five-bedroom home in Prestbury.
As we revealed earlier this month, the pair were involved in a property battle after signing for the rival clubs on the final day of the transfer window.
The pair both turned their noses up at a £6.5million pad close to Cristiano Ronaldo’s home, while Robinho also checked out the Alderley Edge property of ex-Man U***d ace Mikael Silvestre.
Robinho, 24, was shown around Savage’s home – which has featured on MTV’s Footballers’ Cribs – last week.
A source said: “Robbie Savage’s house fits the bill. It is fully furnished and Robinho loves all the bling.

Does this mean hes coming home?

Come on mate!
Original Dub

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat May 29, 2010 7:45 am

Original Dub wrote:
Svensational wrote:
And he has beaten footie rival Dimitar Berbatov, of Man U***d, to sign on the dotted line for the unique five-bedroom home in Prestbury.
The pair both turned their noses up at a £6.5million pad close to Cristiano Ronaldo’s home, while Robinho also checked out the Alderley Edge property of ex-Man U***d ace Mikael Silvestre.

Come on mate!

He wouldn't be welcome back here in million years.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 29, 2010 7:45 am

Svensational wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Svensational wrote:

Come on mate!

I only read the first few lines mate. What the fuck is this doing in the daily bollox, Chinners sort it out mate or we are gonna have to start looking elsewhere for a new manager of bollox.

True that.

chinners that's not bollox that's over excited morning glory mate!
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Sat May 29, 2010 9:00 am

Dutch star Arjen Robben has claimed Manchester City target Rafael van der Vaart wants to join him at Bayern Munich.Daily Mail

Former Chelsea and Brazil boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has revealed he already is being headhunted after leaving Uzbekistan champions Bunyodkor by mutual consent. "I have enough serious offers from a number of different teams. There are two offers from European clubs, another two from Asia and one from Brazilian club. But I'm not ready to decide this now," he said. (Press Association)

TRANSFER BOLLOX
West Ham have launched an audacious move to bring LA Galaxay midfielder David Beckham back to England while trying to lure former midfielder Joe Cole back from Chelsea. Daily Mail

Manchester City have stepped up their interest in Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and midfielder Yaya Toure but the Spanish side are demanding £60m for the double deal. Daily Mail

Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has rejected a move to Juventus because he wants to prove his worth at Anfield.
Footylatest.com

Manchester United and Arsenal are competing to sign £13m-rated Belgian playmaker Eden Hazard from French side Lille.
caughtoffside.com

Arsenal have had a £4.2m bid for Lorient defender Laurent Koscielny rejected. Wenger had identified the 24-year-old as a potential partner for Thomas Vermaelen. caughtoffside.com

Jermaine Beckford is poised to join Everton after his Leeds contract was ripped up early. The Sun

OTHER BOLLOX
West Ham co-owner David Sullivan believes West Ham can be the Arsenal of London's East End.Daily Mail

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has been handed a measly £5m summer transfer kitty. Daily Mail

Hammers striker Benni McCarthy is "nearly as fat as me," says West Ham co-owner David Sullivan. "He's the one West Ham player I want to go to the World Cup because he might come back fitter." Daily Mail
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby colonel_muck » Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 am

i hate david sullivan. why does he feel the need to open his mouth every five minutes? he is turning a good club into a joke. clearly he will never allow a manager to actually just get on with the job. i can't imagine too many managers would want to work under him if he continues in this fashion. keep it shut sullivan.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sat May 29, 2010 10:54 am

Mega bollox season. This definitely the pick of a fantastic selection, absolute total tripe:

Nikola Zigic turned down Aston Villa AND Manchester City to sign with Birmingham City this week.
Blues completed the £6million capture of Zigic from Valencia on a four-year contract.
But his representative, Milan Calasan, revealed he had met with representatives of City in Switzerland en route to Birmingham.
And he claimed Villa had "begged" for the deal to be put on hold until Martin O'Neill returned from holiday.
He told the Birmingham Mail: "In Switzerland we met with a representative of Manchester City. We wanted to hear his plans before we met with Birmingham.
"They introduced into the game the eventual sale of (Emmanuel) Adebayor so it was immediately clear that everything was long term, so it was no surprise we automatically withdrew from everything.
"Then we were contacted by Aston Villa on the day Nikola had already arrived in Birmingham.
"They begged us to wait a while. Without Martin O'Neill, no decision can be taken and he is on holiday.
"In that case, there was nothing more logical than to finish a job with the club where all the doors were open (Birmingham).
"We had a great welcome from Birmingham. Alex McLeish (Birmingham) spent an hour chatting in the hotel to Nikola."
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat May 29, 2010 11:03 am

Zigic is incredibly shit. Hope this isn't the type of player we are targetting.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby BobKowalski » Sat May 29, 2010 11:31 am

john@staustell wrote:Mega bollox season. This definitely the pick of a fantastic selection, absolute total tripe:

Funny tripe though. The bit about Villa 'begging him to wait' as they clung to his leg going 'Nooo please don't sign we want you soooo much' did make me laugh. I know he wants to present his lad signing for Brum as being his choice and a top choice at that but at least keep it vaguely credible.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 29, 2010 11:40 am

Not Bollox, but couldn't be arsed starting a thread. I don't really know too many Indian footballers?

City are delighted to announce that the club has struck a deal that will see the Blues open an international Academy in India.
David Pullan, the club’s chief marketing officer, was in Lavasa this week to seal the agreement that will see operations kick-off by the end of 2011.

“We are setting up an academy in every sense of the term. Our physical and digital presence will be there all through the year. The entire academy training module followed at Manchester City will be replicated in Lavasa and we are positive of a successful result,” he said.

The vision is that this will be ‘football for all’ not elite development. The vision is that a football programme eventually forms part of the school and college curriculum

...David Pullan

“City’s Academy will provide the coaching materials and methods of support. In essence we will train the coaches. We are getting involved where it really matters.”

The academy will cater to the residents of the under-construction township which is an hour from Pune and will target children between the age group of 9 to eighteen years

The club will fly down coaches initially where they will then create a model for recruitment of local coaches who will be trained by the club coaches before taking over.

Nathan Andrews, executive vice-president of Lavasa said that the partnership with City was a big one:

“We are building academies in eight different sports and football is definitely a key element there. To have a big club like Manchester City on board is absolutely great,” he said.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sat May 29, 2010 11:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Not Bollox, but couldn't be arsed starting a thread. I don't really know too many Indian footballers?

City are delighted to announce that the club has struck a deal that will see the Blues open an international Academy in India.
David Pullan, the club’s chief marketing officer, was in Lavasa this week to seal the agreement that will see operations kick-off by the end of 2011.

“We are setting up an academy in every sense of the term. Our physical and digital presence will be there all through the year. The entire academy training module followed at Manchester City will be replicated in Lavasa and we are positive of a successful result,” he said.

The vision is that this will be ‘football for all’ not elite development. The vision is that a football programme eventually forms part of the school and college curriculum

...David Pullan

“City’s Academy will provide the coaching materials and methods of support. In essence we will train the coaches. We are getting involved where it really matters.”

The academy will cater to the residents of the under-construction township which is an hour from Pune and will target children between the age group of 9 to eighteen years

The club will fly down coaches initially where they will then create a model for recruitment of local coaches who will be trained by the club coaches before taking over.

Nathan Andrews, executive vice-president of Lavasa said that the partnership with City was a big one:

“We are building academies in eight different sports and football is definitely a key element there. To have a big club like Manchester City on board is absolutely great,” he said.

good news, india has a big population so we mite find a few gems that can make a step up in europe not to mention increase the exposure of the club.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum