Euro 2016 goes to France

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Euro 2016 goes to France

Postby Nickyboy » Sat May 29, 2010 1:16 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:maybe the isle of man will qualify! woop woop!

Who do you represent if you come from the Isle of Man?

i don't understand the question but they won't even try and become a national team despite the fact they have a bigger 'stadium' than estonia and leichtinstein and seemingly meet a lot of the requirements. the people over there all want it to happen but whenever anyone tries it gets shut down straight away. they played man city in 94. city won 4-0.

My understanding is that if your from the Isle of Man you have a UK passport so who do you play for at International level since the Isle of Man dont have a national team.

You're eligible to play for any of the home nations. It's the same if you're born on a military base abroad.

and the channel islands - although I was also told we could play for France - but I don't know whether that was just school yard nonsense
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Sat May 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Nickyboy wrote:and the channel islands - although I was also told we could play for France - but I don't know whether that was just school yard nonsense

Channel Islands are considered UK citizens(play for England) as long as they aren't three generations removed, then they travel on a UK passport but can't play for either England or France.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazlebluefrog » Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Wex wrote:At least they won't have to cheat to make it to those finals!

i can still see your bitter and rightly so, ask the original Ronaldo what was wrong with him before the frogs won in 98 ,did the D S T have something to do with that ?

@ originaldub i write frog cause it's less letters to type and i can call them that as i'm half one, i get called "rosbif" which i don't give a shit about all that matters is if they take the piss out of city then i do get angry
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:26 am

Bollocks to that Turkey would put on a fantastic tournament,i'd be more likely to go to that than France.

At least my holiday price wont go up that year.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum