Bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy

Postby Slim » Fri May 28, 2010 9:12 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:I don’t for a minute think Bellamy and Mancini are best mates nor do I believe they are sworn enemies. I believe both are good pro’s that wouldn’t cut off their nose to spite there faces and just get on with it.

This is Bellamy’s last chance at a top club. Where ever he goes after us, it’s a step down. We also have the squad to allow him to be nursed through his injuries but still be a vital squad member. At this time in our progression we need players with the attitude and talent like Bellamy around the club. Whilst I say he will step down I don’t believe it will be any lower than a Villa or Everton. Sides who have shown with the right management and team spirit to be more than capable of giving us and any of our other rivals a good run for our money. So why strengthen them ?

I would be gutted if he left, though it wouldn’t surprise me if he left us and did a Jimmy Bullard and got a injury that finished him at the highest level. Either way I’ve loved him playing for City and always feel very happy to see his name on the team sheet. If he goes he will be going with mine and I imagine the majority of City fans best wishes.

Easily the best post on this topic.

I find it ridiculous that people are looking for extremes. Either players want to lick managers hairy nuts or are making voodoo dolls of him and scamming to either get rid of manager or out of the club. 99% of players don't do either. Prime example, I found it even funnier that loads of people (me included) thought Bellamy was Hughes great pal because they were both Welsh and had been in same club before. Turns out Bellamy doesn't have Hughes' numebr or talk to him outside work at all.

And either way, they get crucified on here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Fri May 28, 2010 9:51 am

don't get me wrong I think bellamy has been fantastic for us
I just found that big smiley handshake to our rivals for the top 4 spot manager at the end of the game where we had just handed the champs league spot to our main competitors inappropriate
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri May 28, 2010 10:03 am

Really disgusted for his big smile to Redknapp after Spurs game!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 28, 2010 10:12 am

CityFans sources are reporting that 'Bellers will go, not because he wants to move but because we haven't sorted a decent song out for him, that is why he had a go at the crowd; he said it needed more punch'. Further sources go on to say 'Bellers loves his Golf and now wants to concentrate on fixing his 3 iron; an iron he is sure to use before he leaves'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Guy Debord » Fri May 28, 2010 10:37 am

Bellamy's been immense for us, anyone who can't see that hasn't been paying close enough attention.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby Dronny » Fri May 28, 2010 10:52 am

Wooders wrote:don't get me wrong I think bellamy has been fantastic for us
I just found that big smiley handshake to our rivals for the top 4 spot manager at the end of the game where we had just handed the champs league spot to our main competitors inappropriate

Perhaps we prefer immature player's who sulk and spit the dummy, perhaps he gets on OK with the twitchy cunt, perhaps he was seething inside but chose to be diplomatic at the end of the game thinking the better team won. Perhaps I'm trying to make excuses for him and perhaps some people just need an axe to grind now and again.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby btajim » Fri May 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Wooders wrote:don't get me wrong I think bellamy has been fantastic for us

Football is Sport. People should shake hands afterwards. I don't recall seeing the pictures of Bellers patting Twitchy on the arse - but I'm not saying it didn't happen. You can read in to all sorts of stuff if you choose to.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 28, 2010 1:01 pm

What a player, absolute class and we'd not have gotten near where we did had we most other left sided players in the league instead of him.

If it wasn't for one of the best players in the world last season playing for City he would have walked away with our POTY.

I hope he goes nowhere and CARL if you say we'll just be replacing him with someone better - there is no guarantee a foriegner will do what he did this season. Had you said to me that Bellamy would be a better signing than Robinho I'd have told you you were a stupid cunt (as well as an ugly bastard), but that's how it worked out. Who's to say that won't happen again?

I'll say it again - we're the richest club in the world and we don't need to sell, so hopefull he doesn't want to leave. Should this player come in and prove he's better than Bellamy, then so be it, we'll move him on. But not before then.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Fri May 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:What a player, absolute class and we'd not have gotten near where we did had we most other left sided players in the league instead of him.

If it wasn't for one of the best players in the world last season playing for City he would have walked away with our POTY.

I hope he goes nowhere and CARL if you say we'll just be replacing him with someone better - there is no guarantee a foriegner will do what he did this season. Had you said to me that Bellamy would be a better signing than Robinho I'd have told you you were a stupid cunt (as well as an ugly bastard), but that's how it worked out. Who's to say that won't happen again?

I'll say it again - we're the richest club in the world and we don't need to sell, so hopefull he doesn't want to leave. Should this player come in and prove he's better than Bellamy, then so be it, we'll move him on. But not before then.

I never thought i'd ever say this about you dubbers but...

The voice of reason ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Another thing to mention is 'Where were we when he came'? If I remember rightly, we were in the bottom 3 looking to be going backwards. He came in and seemed to make an immediate impact on and off the pitch which led our rise to safety and a reasonable mid-table position. Under the circumstances, I thought he/we did very well.

Belllllamyyyyyyyyy, Bellllamyyyyyyyy,

I've told you, it's all down to the song ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby walmai » Fri May 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Fish111 wrote:
walmai wrote:I heard today from someone who knows the ins and outs at West Ham that it was Bellamy's call to not play on the last day of the season. And that it was his decision.

How would someone who knows the ins & outs at West Ham know what the fuck goes on at City? He must be a rich man because he would have lumped a load of dough on Zola getting the boot if he was such an ITK. Never trust a know-all.

It wasn't at City, mate. All I am doing is passing on what I've heard. I am not expressing it as fact. I heard that once he was in the ground he indicated that he didn't feel up to playing, after he had travelled down with the squad. Playing staff talk, don't they?

What kind of odds were about for Zola being sacked? Evens? It was an open secret. In fact I barely knew anyone who expected that he wouldn't be.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Grob » Sat May 29, 2010 12:18 am

I wouldnt sell Craig. He's a weapon. Good team player too and can work multiple positions. Perfect squad player. Which will probably help his knee.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby colonel_muck » Sat May 29, 2010 12:38 am

would be sad to see him go, but ultimately he is a drifter in the football world we knew this when he arrived. he has played far more good games than bad and it's great having a warrior like that on your side. be sad to see him go, not heartbroken.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 31, 2010 4:33 pm

Well it doesn't look like he's going anywhere and I'm happy about that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8714667.stm
Original Dub

Postby CityGer » Mon May 31, 2010 4:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:Well it doesn't look like he's going anywhere and I'm happy about that.

You think? I don't think this interview says that at all.

I think it says 'look at me, I could do with a bit of attention please. I might stay if you love me enough but I'm hedging my bets'.

He even managed to get a little dig about Bobby in with his comments about the running of the club.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby BobKowalski » Mon May 31, 2010 5:24 pm

CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Well it doesn't look like he's going anywhere and I'm happy about that.

I think it says 'look at me, I could do with a bit of attention please. I might stay if you love me enough but I'm hedging my bets'.

He even managed to get a little dig about Bobby in with his comments about the running of the club.

Very high maintenance our Mr.Bellamy. Which in a hot babe is okay if she makes up for it in other areas but in the end it just becomes irritating. A bit like Mr. Bellamy really. Irritating that is. Not the good in the sack bit. Not that I would know. Not being Mrs. Bellamy. Or woolly.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby btajim » Mon May 31, 2010 5:30 pm

So he's looking at Tottenham one minute and Cardiff the next! One more season from Bellers, deffo. I often wish Keegan or Pearce had signed him as his hard work would've gone down well. Fans love a Grafter.

Barton and Bellers in the same side! Love it.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby john68 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:33 am

Arsenal on the Sunday...Shalke on the Thursday...the rags on the Sunday...and PSG on the Thursday. Remember that the season before last? We ran out of energy for the derby because we didn't have the replacements to come in.
A successful season means we could be playing up to 60 games. Some of the tougher games are likely to fall near each other and that is some schedule for any team to cope with.
No matter who we might bring in, we can't expect them to go right through a schedule like that. They will need to be rested and regenerate themselves. Bellamy will be a valued member of the squad. It will allow us toleave players out without the fear he will let us down.

As for his smile and handshake: During a game, it can be total war. At the final whistle, whatever the score, those hostilities should cease. It is the measure of a man that he can put his emotions to one side and be generous in defeat to the victor.
It is certainly better than some of those sad drama queens in the stands that got up and walked out with their heads between their legs and their integrity and dignity in tatters.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 am

CityGer wrote:

I didn't see a dig at Mancini. It's a well known fact that those decisions usually made by manager has been spread to numerous people. Manc, Kidd, Marwood, Cook have all their roles.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:54 pm

john68 wrote:Arsenal on the Sunday...Shalke on the Thursday...the rags on the Sunday...and PSG on the Thursday. Remember that the season before last? We ran out of energy for the derby because we didn't have the replacements to come in.
A successful season means we could be playing up to 60 games. Some of the tougher games are likely to fall near each other and that is some schedule for any team to cope with.
No matter who we might bring in, we can't expect them to go right through a schedule like that. They will need to be rested and regenerate themselves. Bellamy will be a valued member of the squad. It will allow us toleave players out without the fear he will let us down.

As for his smile and handshake: During a game, it can be total war. At the final whistle, whatever the score, those hostilities should cease. It is the measure of a man that he can put his emotions to one side and be generous in defeat to the victor.
It is certainly better than some of those sad drama queens in the stands that got up and walked out with their heads between their legs and their integrity and dignity in tatters.

this.
cant emphasise enough the importance of that bit.. something you just cant buy with money.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum