Bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:07 pm

I heard there is some weight to the Cardiff link.

I can't name names an I don't wanna leave riddles so i'll leave it at that.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Would he honestly step down a division at this point in his career? I really can't see it. I can see him giving us one more season (with a hopefully decent run in Europe) before considering his options. It just doesn't make sense for him to leave, even if he has a slight problem with Mancini (which may or may not be true).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:58 pm

And are Cardiff going to pay £80k/week? The only comment was that his family lives in Cardiff so he is restricted on where he could move. It looked like a throw away comment that snowballed into reality.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Bellamy won't go unless he isn't wanted at City and is unlikely to play many games.If that does become the case he will move on to get enough games elsewhere and money won't be a big issue in where that is.

But as others have said with all the games we will have next year he would a great player to have around.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:21 am

I just can't imagine how Cardiff could afford him. Looks a non starter to me, but stranger things have happened.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:23 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I just can't imagine how Cardiff could afford him. Looks a non starter to me, but stranger things have happened.

I think the man was saying that IF City wanted to sell him then Cardiff is now his preferred family option.

He was talking 'at some point' I reckon, and I'll be very surprised if he isn't with us in August.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 am

john@staustell wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I just can't imagine how Cardiff could afford him. Looks a non starter to me, but stranger things have happened.

I think the man was saying that IF City wanted to sell him then Cardiff is now his preferred family option.

He was talking 'at some point' I reckon, and I'll be very surprised if he isn't with us in August.

I think you are right. Cardiff have been on their arses financially and we aint going to give him away nor is he going to play for charity. I imagine that staying would definitely fit in with Bellers well. Plenty of games and opportunity for squad rotation and rest periods for him and an opportunity to achieve in the autumn of his career.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Slim wrote:And are Cardiff going to pay £80k/week? The only comment was that his family lives in Cardiff so he is restricted on where he could move. It looked like a throw away comment that snowballed into reality.

Spot on, Cardiff were close to Administration this year, so those sort of wages are simply ridiculous.

The alternative is for city to make up the difference over the remainder of his contract or pay him the lump sum

I'd rather keep him and sit him on the bench
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum