Here's a Question For You - Javier Hernandez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Here's a Question For You - Javier Hernandez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Just watching SSN and they've just announced that Hernandez has got a Work Permit, even though he falls outside the rules. This was from the other day:

Manchester United will find out in the next 48 hours if their work permit application for Mexican striker Javier Hernandez has been successful.

Although Hernandez does not meet the criterion of having played in 75 per cent of Mexico's games over the last two years, United will argue at his hearing that he is an "exceptional talent".

United fans got their first glimpse of Hernandez when he came on as a substitute in Mexico's 3-1 defeat to England at Wembley on Monday and Sir Alex Ferguson feels he has great potential.

The Reds are confident of obtaining the work permit to complete Hernandez's £7million move from Chivas Guadalajara on appeal if their initial application fails.

Now this really does make you wonder what the hell is going on when we couldn't get Mariga in even though he came from a Commonwealth country???

Manchester City's deal to sign Parma midfielder McDonald Mariga has fallen through after the Kenyan international was not granted a work permit.

City attended an appeal at Wembley on Monday morning in an attempt to secure a permit for the 22-year-old.

Mariga, who has 24 caps for Kenya, met the criteria for appearing in 75% of internationals in the last two years.

But his application was rejected as Kenya are ranked 98th in Fifa's world rankings, outside the top 70 nations.

City can request a further appeal in a future transfer window but will not be able to register Mariga as a player in the current window.

A delegation from Eastlands travelled to the appeal, where a panel made up of representatives from the Football Association, Premier League and the Professional Footballers' Association, as well as some 'independent football experts' - usually ex-players - made their decision.

Parma and City had agreed a deal of around £7m for Mariga, who was hoping to become the first Kenyan to play in the Premier League.

He joined Parma on a permanent basis in the summer of 2008, after initially moving on loan from Swedish side Helsingborgs.

Mariga is under contract with the Serie A outfit until June 2012

What's the difference?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Here's a Question For You - Javier Hernandez

Postby Wooders » Thu May 27, 2010 3:20 pm

we would have got Mariga we just didn't pull our finger out
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby thegoatfeeder » Thu May 27, 2010 3:21 pm

I believe the argument is that England (the country) didn't NEED another CM in the style of Mariga, so the rule is there to attempt to persuade English clubs to not go and buy a cheap alternative from abroad and to keep spaces for English players, in that circumstance someone like Scott Parker. On top of that it was not thought that Mariga was an exceptional enough talent to make up for his lack of international caps.

With the Hernandez case, it is assumed that his talent is great enough for him to be allowed a work permit, and maybe the powers that be do not believe there are enough home grown alternatives for United or anyone else to sign.

Edit: And yeah, as Wooders said if we had been a bit more bloody organised and left time for an appeal since it was pretty clear it was probably going to be turned down initially, I reckon we could have signed him ultimately.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

I don't buy it, the only problem with Mariga was that Kenya weren't in the Top 70(ish) World Rankings, and we only got a work permit for him after appeal, the day after the window shut (yes, the day after). We did pull our finger out, it was the timing of the appeals panel who eventually sanctioned it after the Kenyan Presdient got involved.

And how do rate an exceptional talent? This was going to be their case for the appeal believing the original application was going to be denied, yet low and behold, they didn't have to appeal, come on in son, Sir Purple Nosed Rumpskin has had a word.

The fucking lot of it stinks to high heaven, then again, no change there then!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu May 27, 2010 3:48 pm

The difference is that the people on the panel that decided to deny our appeal/ the work permit for Mariga, cannot stand City.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 27, 2010 3:54 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:The difference is that the people on the panel that decided to deny our appeal/ the work permit for Mariga, cannot stand City.

THIS
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wooders » Thu May 27, 2010 3:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:The difference is that the people on the panel that decided to deny our appeal/ the work permit for Mariga, cannot stand City.

THIS

No its not that, its that we left it too late - if we had started the process to sign mariga now, we would have got him in time for the new season
If we started the process to sign mariga and needed him before midnight, we probably wouldn't have been so lucky
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Do you know who sat on the appeal mate, I haven't got a clue who decides these things? What I cannot understand is why they waited so late to give an answer, were they all sat around the table in the Red Lion and then one of them realised that they'd already had Last Orders?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 27, 2010 3:59 pm

Wooders wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

THIS

No its not that, its that we left it too late - if we had started the process to sign mariga now, we would have got him in time for the new season
If we started the process to sign mariga and needed him before midnight, we probably wouldn't have been so lucky

pure speculation mate..noone knows why we didnt sign him.

anyway ..can we get back to blaming the scum for everything.
Thanks
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Wooders wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

THIS

I'm sure we were reported to have agreed things 3 days prior to the window shutting, giving us plenty of time to get things sorted as it was during the week. Yet, the Work Permit was sanctioned just as the window shut not giving us time to get the transfer registration in.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu May 27, 2010 4:03 pm

The panel had David Pleat, the man who cannot stop having digs at City every time he commentates one of our games, on it.
Need I say more?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 27, 2010 4:58 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:The panel had David Pleat, the man who cannot stop having digs at City every time he commentates one of our games, on it.
Need I say more?

That says it all mate. Were the others Merson, Lawro, Hansen, Thompson and David Moyes???

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri May 28, 2010 4:47 am

thegoatfeeder wrote:I believe the argument is that England (the country) didn't NEED another CM in the style of Mariga, so the rule is there to attempt to persuade English clubs to not go and buy a cheap alternative from abroad and to keep spaces for English players, in that circumstance someone like Scott Parker. On top of that it was not thought that Mariga was an exceptional enough talent to make up for his lack of international caps.

With the Hernandez case, it is assumed that his talent is great enough for him to be allowed a work permit, and maybe the powers that be do not believe there are enough home grown alternatives for U***d or anyone else to sign.

Edit: And yeah, as Wooders said if we had been a bit more bloody organised and left time for an appeal since it was pretty clear it was probably going to be turned down initially, I reckon we could have signed him ultimately.

and this panel made of few employees of immigration office are supposed to value whether A) England has enough 'promising midfielders' or not B) whether the player is a world class talent (whatever the fuck that means anyway)?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Fri May 28, 2010 4:59 am

As it happens I've read RAG supporters saying how underwhelmed they are after actually seeing this guy play!

Another Taggart cheapo. If he becomes a great roaring success and wins them the league, they pay £10M. If he's crap they pay fuck all and send him back, just like that Serbian boy they made so much fuss about 12 months earlier.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri May 28, 2010 5:09 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

THIS

Yeah - EVERYONE is out to get us.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri May 28, 2010 7:15 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

THIS

Yeah - EVERYONE is out to get us.

The people on that panel have no love for City but do have a great fondness of Utd (or 'Manchester' as one calls them), Spurs etc.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum