Sponsorship Help For South Coast Blue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sponsorship Help For South Coast Blue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 26, 2010 10:31 am

I'm posting this on behalf of South Coast Blue

I am currently trying to gain sponsorship funding for a 6 yr, 257 country, round the world run for a charity promoting friendship between nations and sport opportunities for the underprivileged. We have a number of companies coming to the table at present but as a life long city fan I was wondering whether either the club or Sheik Mansour with his many interests would be interested in promoting their brands worldwide. ( I would love to see the city badge running globally and would be a poke in the eye for the filth).

To this end I would like to try and gain email access to either Garry Cook or Khaldoon Al Mubarak to see if there is an element of mutual interest.

As you can probably guess gaining sponsorship is not my normal job but I am linked to this world record breaking event and to get my beloved city involved too would be fantastic.

So if anyone can help with email addresses at the club then please feel free to email or if you have any other suggestions do likewise.

Thanks a lot

South Coast Blue
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Sponsorship Help For South Coast Blue

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 26, 2010 11:56 am

i'd have a stab at

firstname.surname@mcfc.co.uk would be a good start - as this is the way most of them are setout at the club.

However having raised sponsorship from many football clubs in the past, (United have ALWAYS been the most generous) I would suggest approaching the club in writing, with any supporting documents about the cause, addressed to the club's football in the community office, as they would usually be the starting point for this type of enquiry and would pass it up the line if it was beyond their financial scope.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby South Coast Blue » Wed May 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks John,

Will take your advice. Anyone else with more experience than me in this regard feel free to pm me with any ideas.
South Coast Blue
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Have sent you a PM mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Wed May 26, 2010 7:45 pm

johnpb78 wrote:i'd have a stab at

firstname.surname@mcfc.co.uk would be a good start - as this is the way most of them are setout at the club.

However having raised sponsorship from many football clubs in the past, (U***d have ALWAYS been the most generous) I would suggest approaching the club in writing, with any supporting documents about the cause, addressed to the club's football in the community office, as they would usually be the starting point for this type of enquiry and would pass it up the line if it was beyond their financial scope.

so thats what you need to do, get as much money off u@d, put them in more debt, and show them your shirt when you have done
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby South Coast Blue » Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 pm

It's a nice idea Citystevedon but I'd hate for them to get any positive spin about saving the kids of the world - maybe that's not very charitable of me but it's hard to make old habits die!! Mind you it depends on how much I can blag off them I suppose - how about another £700m?
South Coast Blue
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 27, 2010 10:45 am

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:i'd have a stab at

However having raised sponsorship from many football clubs in the past, (U***d have ALWAYS been the most generous) I would suggest approaching the club in writing, with any supporting documents about the cause, addressed to the club's football in the community office, as they would usually be the starting point for this type of enquiry and would pass it up the line if it was beyond their financial scope.

so thats what you need to do, get as much money off u@d, put them in more debt, and show them your shirt when you have done

Yeah, have to say it has always surprised me that they are the first to respond and undoubtedly the most generous. We have been given some fantastic donations over the years (although we havent approached them in the Glazer era), wheras Liverpool & City have traditionally been one of the slowest to respond (if at all) - again though, we havent looked for any sponsorship under the new regime either at City, so it could easily be the reverse now.

As its been a good 3/4 years since I did any fundraising, I dont really have the specific contacts any more as no doubt people have moved on. Sure if Chris Neild is reading he will PM you though
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Return to The Maine Football forum