M.E.N Survey

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

M.E.N Survey

Postby simon12 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Not seen this anywhere.

Survey of Citys season. No doubt rags will highjack it but I`ve had a go anyway.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YP7GB56
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Re: M.E.N Survey

Postby Slim » Tue May 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Done.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue May 25, 2010 12:39 pm

some interesting questions on there, can see the paper. One being the most disappointing player. I think Stevie Ireland will be suicidal when the result of that question is revealed - although that little brazilian cunt runs him close
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Zezou » Tue May 25, 2010 12:54 pm

i think everyone should vote ireland as our fave player so he feels loved and stays :) i really dont want him to leave!!!
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue May 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Zezou wrote:i think everyone should vote ireland as our fave player so he feels loved and stays :) i really dont want him to leave!!!

I'd really rather he wised up, manned up and bucked up. He needs a kick up the arse, not a cuddle
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Done but where are the results?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Tue May 25, 2010 1:08 pm

done - I am sure the MEN will release the results soon
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Tue May 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Zezou wrote:i think everyone should vote ireland as our fave player so he feels loved and stays :) i really dont want him to leave!!!

he may well come out as fave player as a lot of fans still love him.. was a toss up for me between him and Carlito.. plumbed for Ireland when i thought about it for a second.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Haz » Tue May 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Done

Most dissapointing player: Ireland
Favourite player: Ireland
Try figuring that one out then!
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby simon12 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 am

For those interested:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ey_results

Manchester City haven’t had their hands on silverware for 34 years - but the vast majority of City fans are convinced their agonising wait will end soon.

Our survey reveals that a whopping 97.5 per cent of fans expect a trophy within the next three years.

What is more, 87 per cent expect the Blues to land a Premier League title in the same time period.

Other themes to emerge were that City fans are right behind boss Roberto Mancini, with 85 per cent believing the Blues have improved as a side under his management.

There was uproar when Mark Hughes was axed midway through the season – although the unrest was more to do with how the Welshman was sacked than why – but Blues fans have rallied behind Mancini.

And young Adam Johnson has made a major impact with the Eastlands faithful.

Even though the 22-year-old winger missed out on Fabio Capello’s England World Cup squad, he was voted the most improved player and the best young player at the club.

The survey also revealed:

:: 44 per cent of City fans make Carlos Tevez their favourite player, with Vincent Kompany (11%) second and Nigel de Jong (10%) third.

:: 50 per cent of City fans awarded Argentina star Tevez 10 out of 10 for his performance.

:: Stephen Ireland was City’s biggest let down, according to respondents, just ahead of Roque Santa Cruz.

:: Liverpool striker Fernando Torres is top of the fans’ wish-list for summer signings, ahead of another Anfield player Steven Gerrard and Mikel Arteta.

:: 86.5 per cent are in favour of City introducing singing sections to the Eastlands stadium.

:: Most fans reckon City need to make four signings this summer.

:: 73 per cent feel City will qualify for the Champions League next season.

:: A massive 98 per cent believe City’s owners are doing a good job at the club.

I wonder if City will give us the results of the seasoncard polls....
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Wooders » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:28 am

I'm quite suprised that de jong placed so highly !
Other than that fairly predictable results I would saay
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:33 am

Why was Robby's name not on it as i wanted to give him a 1 and vote most disappointing player.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:33 am

My favourite player is still Shaun, cannot believe the top three players polled have a total of 4½ years at the club.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:28 pm

:: A massive 98 per cent believe City’s owners are doing a good job at the club

What I want to know is who are the 2%? I'd like to meet them just out of curiosity. Drunks, lunatics, spoilt ballots, Scum fans, family of Peter Swales and Freddie Pye.........................?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Wooders wrote:I'm quite suprised that de jong placed so highly !

De Jong is the sort of Player real Football Fans notice. His MOTM performances against Arsenal and Chelsea were something else. Although I can still see the miss at Fulham. I don't think he's scored yet, has he?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:48 pm

btajim wrote:

De Jong is the sort of Player real Football Fans notice. His MOTM performances against Arsenal and Chelsea were something else. Although I can still see the miss at Fulham. I don't think he's scored yet, has he?

Yeah, a Real Football Fan (whoever that is) would also notice how much our attacking play suffers because of him. He is good at breaking opposition play but nullifies all that with his complete inability to do anything with the ball and the fact that he slows our attacking play.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
btajim wrote:

Yeah, a Real Football Fan (whoever that is) would also notice how much our attacking play suffers because of him. He is good at breaking opposition play but nullifies all that with his complete inability to do anything with the ball and the fact that he slows our attacking play.

Cheers, saved me the bother.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:23 pm

btajim wrote:

To be fair to DeJong he did get better at looking forward towards the end of the season.. and it seemed to coincide with Mancini looking like he had decided we needed to be set up with more attacking intent. Last season was too mashed up to really give any definitive analysis on players and be confident we are not talking sh*te. DeJong may have suffered like Barry did with the change in tactics and the instructions he was given by Mancini.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Grob » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:06 pm

De Jong plays the game with 100% commitment. He's less talented than some of his teamates. Fans can relate to him.
Grob

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:17 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
btajim wrote:De Jong is the sort of Player real Football Fans notice. His MOTM performances against Arsenal and Chelsea were something else. Although I can still see the miss at Fulham. I don't think he's scored yet, has he?

Cheers, saved me the bother.

It's never too much bother when you're releasing your vitriol. At least it never seems to be.

Yes, there are weaknesses to De Jong's game but he's working on those. There's weaknesses to almost every player. I see you've only highlighted my praise of him... Not the critique.

De Jong is a vital part of the Team in bigger Matches. Our defence would suffer without him.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum