Media, Unhappiness etc.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Media, Unhappiness etc.

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:When Mancini was appointed, loads of people asked me how he was as manager and I told them that he comes from the 'my way or the highway' school of thought. I knew that there'd be players leaving and players coming in who subscribe to his (proven) managerial methods. You should not be fooled by his smooth looks and mellow interviews.

How do you know his school of thought? Ever worked with him?
I'm asking this cos I remember you also claimed he likes to play attacking football and that hasn't been the case (yet).

Because I followed his Inter side. Like I do with current Inter side. I do follow football in general, you know. And I have never said he likes to play gung ho attacking football. The way his Inter side was set up was attack and defence in good balance. That's why they were winning games. Our defence was in shambles and needed fixing. He did that. Now it's time to build our attacking play.

I follow football in general, doesn't mean I know every manager's 'school of thought' though! ;-)
Example: I think, and I'm not alone in thinking this, Louis van Gaal is probably one of the biggest cunts in the world. Horrible person. But apparently behind his 'press persona' he is actually quite a nice bloke who has a great relationship with his players
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 8:48 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:When Mancini was appointed, loads of people asked me how he was as manager and I told them that he comes from the 'my way or the highway' school of thought. I knew that there'd be players leaving and players coming in who subscribe to his (proven) managerial methods. You should not be fooled by his smooth looks and mellow interviews.

I'm asking this cos I remember you also claimed he likes to play attacking football and that hasn't been the case (yet).

Because I followed his Inter side. Like I do with current Inter side. I do follow football in general, you know. And I have never said he likes to play gung ho attacking football. The way his Inter side was set up was attack and defence in good balance. That's why they were winning games. Our defence was in shambles and needed fixing. He did that. Now it's time to build our attacking play.

I follow football in general, doesn't mean I know every manager's 'school of thought' though! ;-)
Example: I think, and I'm not alone in thinking this, Louis van Gaal is probably one of the biggest cunts in the world. Horrible person. But apparently behind his 'press persona' he is actually quite a nice bloke who has a great relationship with his players

See, there's the difference. You hate van Gaal because he is Ajax legend. I don't have any feelings like that towards Italian football. Just an eager follower in general. Mancini was the most high profile manager in italy behind maybe Ancellotti at the time so following his actions wasn't too hard. I don't know what school of thought Utrecht manager has though. I don't even know who their manager is.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 25, 2010 8:55 am

This is a very strange thread. You throw it out there that you believe a big negative under Mancini (his man management) is actually the press putting a spin on things because we sacked Hughes?

Then when anyone says they think you are once again failing to criticize Mancini for what is so far an obvious failing, you go on the attack and accuse folk of being "anti-Mancini".

Its very fucking boring at this stage. I've said this to you plenty of times - people will take you at least a little bit more seriously if you give a balanced view on the manager instead of NEVER ONCE criticizing him. It stinks and everyone can see it.

Now, as far as the media are concerned, I agree that they don't seem to want us to succeed and break up their little top of the table party, but they have every right to say sacking the last guy did nothing for us as a club. Nothing that is, other than have the likes of Onouha, Bellamy, Tevez and Ireland seeming like they just aren't happy under him. Hughes had this with Elano and Jo, but these players are players with the attitude we are looking to use as the spine of our club and it seems very fragile right now.

I don't want Mancini sacked because I want to see what he can do with his players, but he sure as shit better start playing better football, learn how to intimidate top opposition while going for the jugular and for fuck sake, sort his man management out when it comes to our best players.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 8:59 am

Original Dub wrote:This is a very strange thread. You throw it out there that you believe a big negative under Mancini (his man management) is actually the press putting a spin on things because we sacked Hughes?

Then when anyone says they think you are once again failing to criticize Mancini for what is so far an obvious failing, you go on the attack and accuse folk of being "anti-Mancini".

Its very fucking boring at this stage. I've said this to you plenty of times - people will take you at least a little bit more seriously if you give a balanced view on the manager instead of NEVER ONCE criticizing him. It stinks and everyone can see it.

Now, as far as the media are concerned, I agree that they don't seem to want us to succeed and break up their little top of the table party, but they have every right to say sacking the last guy did nothing for us as a club. Nothing that is, other than have the likes of Onouha, Bellamy, Tevez and Ireland seeming like they just aren't happy under him. Hughes had this with Elano and Jo, but these players are players with the attitude we are looking to use as the spine of our club and it seems very fragile right now.

I don't want Mancini sacked because I want to see what he can do with his players, but he sure as shit better start playing better football, learn how to intimidate top opposition while going for the jugular and for fuck sake, sort his man management out when it comes to our best players.

So rather than believing what has actually been said by the players themselves, you choose to believe in tabloids? Seems they got you good again. No real surprises there though.

Maybe I've got you wrong though. You are not anti-mancini for sure. You just love to moan and whinge with no purpose whatsoever. Cause those are the only two viable options why you and Ant there behave like you do and you have both said that you are very much behind the manager.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mike J » Tue May 25, 2010 9:07 am

Original Dub wrote:This is a very strange thread. You throw it out there that you believe a big negative under Mancini (his man management) is actually the press putting a spin on things because we sacked Hughes?

So rather than believing what has actually been said by the players themselves, you choose to believe in tabloids? Seems they got you good again. No real surprises there though.

Maybe I've got you wrong though. You are not anti-mancini for sure. You just love to moan and whinge with no purpose whatsoever. Cause those are the only two viable options why you and Ant there behave like you do and you have both said that you are very much behind the manager.

come on mate, the bellamy and tevez interviews were a tiny bit suspicious. came out within two days of each other just before the game against the scum. they felt a little bit 'forced' to me.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 25, 2010 9:08 am

Again I'll point out that you started a thread and then whinged when people disagreed with you.

You are a Mancini bum boy who hasn't ever had ONE criticism of the man and I point that out to you every time you start one of these "Its not Mancini's fault" threads.

I want him to play attacking football and I don't want to lose players like Bellamy, Tevez, Ireland and Onouha. Sacking Hughes did nothing for us and the media pointing that out is hardly a suprise to most of us, so you're OP is absolute bollox and a spin in itself, designed purely to protect your Roberto from criticism.

You want to divide people into two camps because the last time there was two camps in here you were at your most vocal and quickly descended into the strange poster you are now. Well I'm not anti-Mancini, I'm pro fucking city and entertaining football, so you carry on making a fucking thick out of yourself - the only cunt you're fooling is yourself with these spastic threads.

But carry on, you're a joke of a poster at this stage.
Original Dub

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue May 25, 2010 9:16 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

See, there's the difference. You hate van Gaal because he is Ajax legend. I don't have any feelings like that towards Italian football. Just an eager follower in general. Mancini was the most high profile manager in italy behind maybe Ancellotti at the time so following his actions wasn't too hard. I don't know what school of thought Utrecht manager has though. I don't even know who their manager is.

Nothing to do with him being an ajakkes legend actually. Most ajax-fans I know think he is a cunt as well!
But what do any of us really know? Unless you have worked with these people, you don't really know what they are like or what their 'school of thought' is.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 25, 2010 9:37 am

Of course he doesn't know what his "school of thought" is - another load of bollox.

We were told by some posters that Mancini liked attacking football with flair and creativity. Also that he was one of the lads as opposed to hughes who kept himself away from the group. All a load of bollox so far.

The thing is, once he gets his players in, I'm pretty sure they won't question him if they've laready worked with him - like Vieira, who was his first big signing. Maybe Ibra will be next.

I don't really care, once we play nice football and mix it with the big boys.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 10:01 am

Original Dub wrote:

Again I'll point out that you started a thread and then whinged when people disagreed with you.

You are a Mancini bum boy who hasn't ever had ONE criticism of the man and I point that out to you every time you start one of these "Its not Mancini's fault" threads.

I want him to play attacking football and I don't want to lose players like Bellamy, Tevez, Ireland and Onouha. Sacking Hughes did nothing for us and the media pointing that out is hardly a suprise to most of us, so you're OP is absolute bollox and a spin in itself, designed purely to protect your Roberto from criticism.

You want to divide people into two camps because the last time there was two camps in here you were at your most vocal and quickly descended into the strange poster you are now. Well I'm not anti-Mancini, I'm pro fucking city and entertaining football, so you carry on making a fucking thick out of yourself - the only cunt you're fooling is yourself with these spastic threads.

But carry on, you're a joke of a poster at this stage.

Stop acting like a clown. I didn't "whinge" because people disagreed with me, I whinged because people went and called me a cunt for wanting to discuss about the subject mentioned in opening post.

But well done, you have yet again managed to ruin another thread about football talking about posters. There's fair few who have noticed this tendency. You try to cover the lack of knowledge with insults and shines through. When you have one sentence worth to add to some subject then you'd be better off sticking to it than adding twelve more filled with load of shite about the poster. You've taken lines out of Ted Hughes like "I'm fan of entertaining football", and there's nothing wrong with benchmarking a good poster, but then fill the rest of it with crap.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 10:04 am

Mike J wrote:

come on mate, the bellamy and tevez interviews were a tiny bit suspicious. came out within two days of each other just before the game against the scum. they felt a little bit 'forced' to me.

Well, we can go with what we read from tabloids, like in Ireland's case one we've sued three times in past five years to my recollection or with what we hear from the horses mouth.

Then again, I assume that when the statement is released that Ireland is happy, there will be the usual suspects raising their hands up and admitting they were acting like fools. Right?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 25, 2010 10:15 am

Forum rules
GUIDELINE FOR USERS:
Please try and follow the following simple guidelines when using this site, we feel this will help to make it better for everybody using it;
3) Respect other board members
-------------------------------------------------
This is getting wearisome.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum