Media, Unhappiness etc.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Media, Unhappiness etc.

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 4:53 am

Now during the last three months media has mentioned at least half dozen of our players being unhappy. I'm simply not buying it all. I'm not big on conspiracy theories on media but honestly this is starting to go overboard.

I mean in dynamic club moving forward there are always bound to be some players who feel they are being left behind. But I think that's only natural. Just part of the progress. However constant claims that starting players are unhappy for whatever reason kind of seems like media are eager to drag us down and also prove that they were right about being highly critical of Hughes sacking. Many of them must've felt bit dicks that in the end we finished higher than where we were when Mancini took over. They all had 'I told you so' trigger pulled back but ended up with eggs on their faces.

Then there's the point that likes of Ned have mentioned how much better the atmosphere was last season in training ground. This for me shows how some of them have lost touch with reality. We finished tenth last season and fifth this season. Supporters aren't there because they want to hear how good the banter is in training ground, they are there to see results.

When Mancini was appointed, loads of people asked me how he was as manager and I told them that he comes from the 'my way or the highway' school of thought. I knew that there'd be players leaving and players coming in who subscribe to his (proven) managerial methods. You should not be fooled by his smooth looks and mellow interviews.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Media, Unhappiness etc.

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue May 25, 2010 5:15 am

Taking a side in 6th and in both cups and finishing with 5th and nothing in the trophy cabinet is hardly egg on face material. The only thing that would have shut people up would have been the CL qualification or a cup. He delivered neither so the snipping will continue.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Tue May 25, 2010 5:32 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
When Mancini was appointed, loads of people asked me how he was as manager and I told them that he comes from the 'my way or the highway' school of thought. I knew that there'd be players leaving and players coming in who subscribe to his (proven) managerial methods. You should not be fooled by his smooth looks and mellow interviews.

I'm not

Nor am I fooled by those who believe he is some kind of genius when, to me and many others, he just seems like quite a poor man manager (even if he is a talented coach).

He has strengths, that much is clear. But he also has clear and tangible weaknesses. To dismiss the obvious evidence of his mishandling/non-handling of certain players as "media spin" is just pie in the sky nonsense.

I'm not saying that certain players should be kept for the sake of sentimentality BUT driving players to be so cheesed off that the club's name gets dragged through the mud and the media get more open season time to kick us and sling mud is just piss poor management. Sure some people would still whinge in the press but he is just giving the press a fucking open goal to take pot shots and it is needless. Silly cunt
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 5:51 am

ant london wrote:

I'm not

Nor am I fooled by those who believe he is some kind of genius when, to me and many others, he just seems like quite a poor man manager (even if he is a talented coach).

He has strengths, that much is clear. But he also has clear and tangible weaknesses. To dismiss the obvious evidence of his mishandling/non-handling of certain players as "media spin" is just pie in the sky nonsense.

I'm not saying that certain players should be kept for the sake of sentimentality BUT driving players to be so cheesed off that the club's name gets dragged through the mud and the media get more open season time to kick us and sling mud is just piss poor management. Sure some people would still whinge in the press but he is just giving the press a fucking open goal to take pot shots and it is needless. Silly cunt

so let me get this straight, you think that Ned's outburst was somehow Mancini's fault? And he is cunt for it as well.

Why not be open and straightforward about it and and just say you want to see back of Mancini. And don't start any crap about stability. You don't think he has it in him and are looking constantly taking (cheap on this case) shots at him. So why the fuck should we hang on to him in your opinion?

Stop being snidy and say what you really mean. Show some balls.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue May 25, 2010 5:55 am

Fuck off Antti and stop being your usual cunt self

I don't want to see the back of Mancini at all as I have previously said (and I don't see how you find that so difficult to get into your brain). What I do want, however, is for him to show some man management skills and not piss potential transfer fees away and make us look like idiots.

I think Mancini is flawed as a manager but am happy to stick with him.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby SORTED » Tue May 25, 2010 5:56 am

I don't give a flying fuck about his 'smooth looks or mellow interviews (sic), likewise I'm not too arsed about a small number of highly paid professionals throwing their expensive toys out of their bentleys.

What I do care about however is progress and Mancini's record thus far seems to indicate there has been some and that this will continue on an upward curve as the team adapt to his methods and he gets the chance to bring his own players in.
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue May 25, 2010 6:45 am

Hughes haters blindly back Mancini over stuff they'd have crucified Hughes for and anyone raising an objection must want him gone out of spite.

God it's getting old now.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 6:49 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Hughes haters blindly back Mancini over stuff they'd have crucified Hughes for and anyone raising an objection must want him gone out of spite.

God it's getting old now.

Yourbest football contribution ever on this site. I mean, you managed to mention two football managers. Well one is out of of job. But one any way. That's huge improvement.

Have you noticed that you have basically been posting that same post over and over again for as long as Mancini has been here. But I do have you down to one of those people who read mirror and believe what they read.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 6:50 am

ant london wrote:Fuck off Antti and stop being your usual cunt self

I don't want to see the back of Mancini at all as I have previously said (and I don't see how you find that so difficult to get into your brain). What I do want, however, is for him to show some man management skills and not piss potential transfer fees away and make us look like idiots.

I think Mancini is flawed as a manager but am happy to stick with him.

Yeah, I find it very difficult to understand how you can call someone shit manager and then in next post claim that you want him to stay. That is proper weird. So you don't want your club to be succesfull?

Show some fucking balls and say what you really mean. You don't have to post so that you please everyone. And I'm a cunt for showing up that you are talking out of your arse as usual??? That's some definition of cunt.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue May 25, 2010 6:59 am

The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Tue May 25, 2010 7:04 am

Yeah, I find it very difficult to understand how you can call someone shit manager and then in next post claim that you want him to stay. That is proper weird. So you don't want your club to be succesfull?

Show some fucking balls and say what you really mean. You don't have to post so that you please everyone. And I'm a cunt for showing up that you are talking out of your arse as usual??? That's some definition of cunt.

haha you are really quite something.

OK try and get this into your thick fucking skull will you.

a) I think Mancini has flaws as a manager
b) I also think he has strengths
c) I want STABILITY (sounds familiar eh) and do NOT want a new manager no matter that I have doubts re our manager
d) I support City irrespective of any personal issues I may have re the manager (sounds unfamiliar eh)

And I apologise for this last bit as it probably will please most people

I think you're very often a cunt but most on here just think you're a joke (for the avoidance of doubt I also think that but the cunt part is uppermost in my mind) and your banging on about anyone who has doubts re Mancini as "wanting him out" and your inability/unwillingness to see his flaws has always been, and continues to be...laughable.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:19 am

Until City bring home a trophy or get into the CL places with the amount of money we have/will be spending then i think the press will continue to have a pop at us. It's in our hands as to how they react towards us in the future. Until City cease to continue to shoot ourselves in the foot then the written press will have a go at us.
This coming season is the biggest in our history. No more excuses about 'the project' and 'we're building something' we have got to deliver this time, no fuckin about, no more excuses. If we fail yet again then the scum at the red-tops will have a field day.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 25, 2010 7:22 am

Count me in on any media conspiracy theories. The manager is irrelevant, if it was still Les there would still be 'unhappy' theories coming out of these twats!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nickyboy » Tue May 25, 2010 7:26 am

Fish111 wrote:Until City bring home a trophy or get into the CL places with the amount of money we have/will be spending then i think the press will continue to have a pop at us. It's in our hands as to how they react towards us in the future. Until City cease to continue to shoot ourselves in the foot then the written press will have a go at us.
This coming season is the biggest in our history. No more excuses about 'the project' and 'we're building something' we have got to deliver this time, no fuckin about, no more excuses. If we fail yet again then the scum at the red-tops will have a field day.
I'm with this guy. Time to stand up and be counted!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue May 25, 2010 7:39 am

I think there is little doubt that parts of the press spin things in a negative way for us. I'm sure it's nowhere near as an unhappy ship as is being reported.
On the manager, I'm usually one for stability, and a manager having a chance, but something about Bobby doesn't seem right. And I'm still mad at hime for going to a depleted Arsenal and playing for a useless point when we had a free pop at them.
I would not be sorry to see Bobby Manc gone, even though I quite like the way he comes across. That said, my first choice would be for him to succeed with us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue May 25, 2010 8:10 am

The Man In Blue wrote:Image

Hahahhahaha
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Dameerto » Tue May 25, 2010 8:21 am

ross.mcfc wrote:Taking a side in 6th and in both cups and finishing with 5th and nothing in the trophy cabinet is hardly egg on face material. The only thing that would have shut people up would have been the CL qualification or a cup. He delivered neither so the snipping will continue.

I'm more inclined to think City fans are generally open minded enough to give him a full season to have a go - if only the press would do the same.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 8:31 am

ant london wrote:d) I support City irrespective of any personal issues I may have re the manager (sounds unfamiliar eh)

And I apologise for this last bit as it probably will please most people

I think you're very often a cunt but most on here just think you're a joke (for the avoidance of doubt I also think that but the cunt part is uppermost in my mind) and your banging on about anyone who has doubts re Mancini as "wanting him out" and your inability/unwillingness to see his flaws has always been, and continues to be...laughable.

Goes to show how much you can talk about football. Sweet fuck all. It's jus a subject you have nothing to say about. Calling people cunts is cheap but adding something of value would be interesting.

And it's interesting, many of the long standing members of this site I've talked with think you are arrogant little gobshite but maybe we are talking to different people?

Now go away and stop ruining a topic that was about football and Manchester City.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue May 25, 2010 8:31 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:When Mancini was appointed, loads of people asked me how he was as manager and I told them that he comes from the 'my way or the highway' school of thought. I knew that there'd be players leaving and players coming in who subscribe to his (proven) managerial methods. You should not be fooled by his smooth looks and mellow interviews.

How do you know his school of thought? Ever worked with him?
I'm asking this cos I remember you also claimed he likes to play attacking football and that hasn't been the case (yet).
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:When Mancini was appointed, loads of people asked me how he was as manager and I told them that he comes from the 'my way or the highway' school of thought. I knew that there'd be players leaving and players coming in who subscribe to his (proven) managerial methods. You should not be fooled by his smooth looks and mellow interviews.

How do you know his school of thought? Ever worked with him?
I'm asking this cos I remember you also claimed he likes to play attacking football and that hasn't been the case (yet).

Because I followed his Inter side. Like I do with current Inter side. I do follow football in general, you know. And I have never said he likes to play gung ho attacking football. The way his Inter side was set up was attack and defence in good balance. That's why they were winning games. Our defence was in shambles and needed fixing. He did that. Now it's time to build our attacking play.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum