Saturday's Gossip

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's Gossip

Postby btajim » Sat May 22, 2010 9:49 am

No sign of Chinners again. I'm presuming he went out chasing rainbows last night and didn't find his pot of gold.

Source - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8698431.stm

TRANSFER GOSSIP:
West Ham have launched an amazing bid to sign Barcelona striker Thierry Henry, offering him about £75,000 a week to join them.
Full story: Various

Manchester City must cough up £22m and about £2.5m a year in wages to sign Palermo striker Edinson Cavani.
Full story: Daily Star

City will offer £20m plus a choice of one of four players in their attempt to lure James Milner from Aston Villa. England internationals Micah Richards and Shaun Wright-Phillips, Under-21 star Nedum Onuoha and Republic of Ireland midfielder Stephen Ireland are all being offered as bait.
Full story: Daily Mirror

City boss Roberto Mancini has placed Juventus' Brazilian midfielder Diego at the top of his summer wish list.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

But it looks like City will miss out on Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure as he wants to sign for Chelsea.

And City may lose striker Craig Bellamy to Tottenham, who are weighing up a £14m move for him.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is also considering making a bid for West Ham defender Matthew Upson.
Full story: footylatest.com

Arsenal and Liverpool have joined Roma in the race for Brazilian striker Adriano who becomes a free agent at the end of this month.
Full story: footylatest.com

Manchester United are considering a £22m move for Real Madrid playmaker Rafael van der Vaart.

Arsenal have set their sights on £16m-rated Italian international centre-back Giorgio Chiellini, who plays for Juventus.

Barcelona have promised to walk away from signing Cesc Fabregas - if Arsenal say no. Barca have contacted the Gunners about their captain, but are yet to receive an answer.

Prospective West Ham manager Avram Grant wants to make Manchester City winger Martin Petrov, who is available on a free transfer, his first signing when he takes over at Upton Park.
Full story: Daily Mail

Tottenham are planning talks with midfielder Luka Modric in an effort to ward off transfer bids from Premier League rivals Manchester United and Chelsea.

Wigan have rejected an improved offer from Birmingham City for winger Charles N'Zogbia. The Latics turned down a bid of around £8m last week and are thought to want at least double the £6m they paid Newcastle for the 23-year-old.

Arsenal are set to lose midfielder Fran Merida to Atletico Madrid after the Spaniard rejected a deal with the Gunners.
Full story: The Sun

Celtic are targeting Scunthorpe striker Gary Hooper, who is valued at £3m.

Burnley boss Brian Laws is set to stage a £2m swoop for Peterborough striker George Boyd.

Barnsley are trying to sign Stoke striker James Beattie on loan.

Cardiff midfielder Joe Ledley, who is wanted by Blackburn, Stoke and Wolves, says he will stay at the club only if they win the Championship play-off final and earn promotion.

Everton are leading the chase for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Moutinho, who would cost at least £17m.
Full story: Goal.com

OTHER GOSSIP:
England manager Fabio Capello is ready to ditch his World Cup qualifying blueprint - and unleash Manchester United's Wayne Rooney as a lone striker in South Africa with Liverpool's Steven Gerrard playing in the link role behind.

Argentina superstar Lionel Messi handed coach Diego Maradona a World Cup scare on Friday when he injured his right knee in a training match. Initial reports were unclear about the seriousness of the injury, but a spokesman later insisted: "It's nothing, it's a scrape on his right leg." (Reuters)

Former Portsmouth manager Avram Grant has rejected Roman Abramovich's invitation to return to Chelsea despite being offered more money than he stands to earn as manager of West Ham. Grant has turned down the director of football role he filled at Stamford Bridge before replacing Jose Mourinho as manager in September 2007.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is ready to stay at the club "if he is allowed".

Bordeaux have lined up ex-West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola for a speedy return to management.

AND FINALLY:
Cardiff boss Dave Jones, whose side take on Blackpool in Saturday's Championship play-off final, says he wants to be the first Premier League manager to ride his horse into training.

Jose Mourinho has revealed he cried after Inter Milan beat Chelsea in the Champions League because he realised he had knocked out the friends he had "gone to war with".
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Saturday's Gossip

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sat May 22, 2010 10:25 am

Diago????

Anyone know how he's got on this year in Serie A? remember him last year we were linked, he could be a really good options for our central midfielder we need. but not sure how he's got on this year?
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 22, 2010 11:15 am

Lee_Kinda wrote:Diago????

Anyone know how he's got on this year in Serie A? remember him last year we were linked, he could be a really good options for our central midfielder we need. but not sure how he's got on this year?

Diego mate?

He's quality and that's been cemented since his move. As far as I know he's been the stand out player in a pretty poor season for Juve...
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 am

Everton are leading the chase for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Moutinho, who would cost at least £17m.

Sort of player we could do with, but if we could sign Rodwell I would understand why they'd be after him.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Lee_R » Sat May 22, 2010 11:44 am

I'd love for us to sign Chellini.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sat May 22, 2010 11:54 am

Slim wrote:

Sort of player we could do with, but if we could sign Rodwell I would understand why they'd be after him.

Good shout, saw him in some game at some point this season and he ran the midfield!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CityGer » Sat May 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Diego mate?

He's quality and that's been cemented since his move. As far as I know he's been the stand out player in a pretty poor season for Juve...

I watch a lot of Serie A and he has been ordinary when I've seen him. Some good moments, the odd flash of class but I've yet to see him grab hold of a game and run the show. He looks more light weight with every viewing and I reckon he'd struggle in the Prem.

There are better bets out there.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby fangsanalsatan » Sat May 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Diego mate?

Replace 'stand out player' with 'disappointment'.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Vhero » Sat May 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Petrov will be good for Wet Spam.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat May 22, 2010 1:31 pm

We'd be better with Petrov in midfield than Diego. And I'm being 100% serious!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat May 22, 2010 1:47 pm

May be the worst Brazilian player I ever watch in serie A! Lazy, fat and without any sense of position, hope Mancio would never sign a twat like this! Cavani should be instead a brilliant idea, a young total talented striker who always run his socks!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:

May be the worst Brazilian player I ever watch in serie A! Lazy, fat and without any sense of position, hope Mancio would never sign a twat like this! Cavani should be instead a brilliant idea, a young total talented striker who always run his socks!

Well fuck me I got that badly wrong then didn't I? :)

I've seen Juve probably once or twice, I just thought the general feel was that he'd done well - I stand corrected!
Original Dub

Postby CityGer » Sat May 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

I've seen Juve probably once or twice, I just thought the general feel was that he'd done well - I stand corrected!

Stand to be corrected??

More like, stand to having never known fuck all about Italian football or this player but 'fuck it', i'll express a view and hope it is accurate. Another [strike]oracle[/strike] Dub moment of pretending to be the expert when actually knowing fuck all about the subject.

If you could get over your self importance, you'd be a cracking poster. But this shit holds you back. Chancing your arm as an expert only to be exposed as completely clueless on the subject is piss poor form and is something you do on a ragular basis. You normally have an 'out' to help you back track but this seems a fairly blatant...........'knew fuck about the subject, but thought, fuck it, I'll chance my arm anyway' scenario.

Clueless.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edge275 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:51 pm

CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

Stand to be corrected??

More like, stand to having never known fuck all about Italian football or this player but 'fuck it', i'll express a view and hope it is accurate. Another [strike]oracle[/strike] Dub moment of pretending to be the expert when actually knowing fuck all about the subject.

If you could get over your self importance, you'd be a cracking poster. But this shit holds you back. Chancing your arm as an expert only to be exposed as completely clueless on the subject is piss poor form and is something you do on a ragular basis. You normally have an 'out' to help you back track but this seems a fairly blatant...........'knew fuck about the subject, but thought, fuck it, I'll chance my arm anyway' scenario.

Clueless.

Cityger bashes another poster episode 47.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby CityGer » Sat May 22, 2010 4:54 pm

edge275 wrote:
CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

Stand to be corrected??

Clueless.

Cityger bashes another poster episode 47.

If I'm out of line or off the mark, please correct me. I just don't think he has a fucking about Italian football and I'm scratching my head, working out why he posted this.

Diego has been piss poor, he's a mard arse. I'd be gutted if Bobby even contemplated signing him.
Last edited by CityGer on Sat May 22, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sat May 22, 2010 4:59 pm

CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

Stand to be corrected??

Clueless.

Well, I have seen a lot of him at Werder and at Juve and I thought he was phenomenal at Werder, not only his own play but he really made Werder click going forward, he has had a pretty lean season but I would contribute that in no small part down to Juve having a piss poor season.

Then again he is one of my favourite players and I am probably a little biased.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityGer » Sat May 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Slim wrote:
CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

Stand to be corrected??

Clueless.

Well, I have seen a lot of him at Werder and at Juve and I thought he was phenomenal at Werder, not only his own play but he really made Werder click going forward, he has had a pretty lean season but I would contribute that in no small part down to Juve having a piss poor season.

Then again he is one of my favourite players and I am probably a little biased.

On his Weder form, I'd sign him. I watched him in the flesh twice and he looked superb. On his Juve form, I'd say he's a mard arse, light weight ponce who downs tools at the first sight of a battle.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Sat May 22, 2010 10:12 pm

Diego is Brazilian so its a no from me.No more fuckin Brazilians at our club please.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby edge275 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 pm

gillie wrote:Diego is Brazilian so its a no from me.No more fuckin Brazilians at our club please.

Would you not have Kaka or Fabiano? I think saying no more of a certain nationality is pretty ridiculous. We've had trouble with two Brazilian players so now you don't want us to sign one ever again? Sylvinho is still here and has been a great ambassador of the club.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Kyle » Sat May 22, 2010 10:31 pm

edge275 wrote:
gillie wrote:Diego is Brazilian so its a no from me.No more fuckin Brazilians at our club please.

Would you not have Kaka or Fabiano? I think saying no more of a certain nationality is pretty ridiculous. We've had trouble with two Brazilian players so now you don't want us to sign one ever again? Sylvinho is still here and has been a great ambassador of the club.

Haha i'm pretty sure that is the definition of prejudice.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum