This Robinho lad.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

This Robinho lad.

Postby Lee_R » Fri May 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Sorry to start another thread about this twat but what the fuck are we going to do about this little shit?
Personally I think he has become more and more out spoken against returning to City even though we have treated him well and done right by him. The more we#ve tried to be understanding the more he's taken the piss!
I'd like it if we just released him from his contract on the condition that he doesnt play for any other professional club for however long was remaining on it. Total wanker and waste of space and we need to keep him away from the club but on our terms.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: This Robinho lad.

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri May 21, 2010 11:40 pm

The options are

1) Sell
2) Loan
3) Keep

If we sell we won't get anywhere near what we paid. But is this important in our current state?
Loaning seems worthless. I don't think he'll be coming back, having him attached with the club for another season will just rile fans up (I think the press are bored of him now).
Keeping him is also pointless. Fuck what he thinks about City and what he says against the club, what can he do for us? Very little imo.

Personally I'd sell to the highest bidder and put his picture up in the managers office, alongside Benjani's, to remind everyone not to make rash decisions at the end of January.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Lee_R » Fri May 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Yes.. but hes a twat and he would be happy with any of those first two options. I think he owes the club something. I'd even settle for him taking a press conference and admiting 'I didnt enjoy my time at City and they paid me way too much, I just simply couldnt hack the premier league and I'll never be as good as I though I was.. infact I'll just go back to Brazil and pretend I'm great even though I'm not'.

I'm well smarting at the way this guy has took the piss.
Lee_R

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Kladze » Sat May 22, 2010 12:10 am

Robinho isn't the first player to take the piss out of his club ......... Stan Collymore and a fair few others?

Their clubs couldn't afford the ultimate sanction but we can.

Stick him in the reserves for a year or two ....... nothing would say "Fuck you" quite so effectively as that.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat May 22, 2010 12:20 am

Kladze wrote:Stick him in the reserves for a year or two ....... nothing would say "Fuck you" quite so effectively as that.

loan him to Burnley?
The Man In Blue

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat May 22, 2010 1:13 am

Lee_R wrote:Yes.. but hes a twat and he would be happy with any of those first two options. I think he owes the club something. I'd even settle for him taking a press conference and admiting 'I didnt enjoy my time at City and they paid me way too much, I just simply couldnt hack the premier league and I'll never be as good as I though I was.. infact I'll just go back to Brazil and pretend I'm great even though I'm not'.

I'm well smarting at the way this guy has took the piss.

Lee im with you. Eveytime i see his stupid fucking face i want to smash it in, he really has annoyed me with the way he has acted since moving from City. Ive never booed a City player, but if this twat play's another game for us i really will boo him.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Green & Blue » Sat May 22, 2010 1:35 am

I dont know where to start, i just cant believe the carry on of the guy.He really is an arrogant self absorbed prick.

I hope that city make sure this twat does not get what he wants, hes a joke ony a few months back claiming he wants to be the best in the world.
Any player with any credibility would not dream of moving from top european football back to a mickey mouse south american league.Its laughable the rest of the players in the league are trying to make the break to europe and he sneaks back with his tail between his legs when he feels hes above fighting for his place in the team.

No place for the likes of him at city in my opinion.
Im delighted Bellamy owned him and sent him packing, if he had half the desire a player like Bellamy shows he would be a great,but sadly the man has no fight and without it players dont cut in the premier league.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Florida Blue » Sat May 22, 2010 2:23 am

Kladze wrote:Robinho isn't the first player to take the piss out of his club ......... Stan Collymore and a fair few others?

Their clubs couldn't afford the ultimate sanction but we can.

Stick him in the reserves for a year or two ....... nothing would say "Fuck you" quite so effectively as that.

This.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 22, 2010 2:40 am

There's (I believe) some kind of potential ruling that, if you're seen to be purely punishing a player by sticking them in the reserves, the player can invoke some kind of clause which frees them from their contract.

I'm quoting from God knows where source wise but it was definitely mentioned on the radio re similar circumstances. I stand to be corrected but I recon I'm probably right.

We can't let this bloke take the piss though. It sets a precedent if we do, so we have to deal with it correctly for the sake of future potentially similar behaviour from others.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 22, 2010 3:53 am

Robson Plus 10M should net Yaya Toure imho. Get moving Barca.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:19 am

I would send him out on loan to Ross County. He likes beaches...See how he likes them on Dingwall's North Scottish coast.
Training in the blizzards would be a novelty I'm sure he would enjoy.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 22, 2010 4:34 am

john68 wrote:I would send him out on loan to Ross County. He likes beaches...See how he likes them on Dingwall's North Scottish coast.
Training in the blizzards would be a novelty I'm sure he would enjoy.

If he likes beaches the Sheikh should send him to the desert - let him play there 'til his contract runs out, and give him four or five burly 'minders' to minimise the sulking.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sat May 22, 2010 6:04 am

He obviously cannot come back now, so the options are.

1. Another loan season to Santos.
2. Sell him to another club, probably cut price but City will still want at least half back.
3. Buy out his own contract and then he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

My concern comes from the reality of our situation and the confirmation that we have moved on to bigger and better things. One of the big markers for this I believe was when one of our very pricey superstars signed another contract while at the club. Well Robbie was the first of them and he is obviously not going to sign another contract. Kind of feels like being a rag tag who just won the lottery, may have money but we are still paupers at heart.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:34 am

Take the hit on the fee we paid - no one is going to buy him at any credible price

Orchestrate a method of sacking him so we save the salary and send a mesage out - it is what happens in most walks of life.

Step 1 - require him to report back at the end of his loan
Step 2 - give him some other role which he would hate - and remind him of speaking against the club is a breach of contract - give him a warning
Step 3 - then more warnings and then the sack

We send a message out that we will continue to be treated as mugs
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby s1ty m » Sat May 22, 2010 7:09 am

He's a turd. So many city shirts around with his gobshitic name on the back. So many replacements needed.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby viking the Odd » Sat May 22, 2010 7:31 am

I hope he has a really good world cup, and some crazy fool takes a gamble on him, buys him from us for 20 million, and everybody will be happy for a while.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Crossie » Sat May 22, 2010 8:06 am

I imagine he has some sort of "must play in 80% of games" type of clause built into his contract. I mean he came to us when we were abit shit, because he had no where else to go, so chances are he said to us, if im coming here, you will play me. Probably to play and whore himself into Chelsea or Scum.

It's total speculation but it wouldnt suprise me.

So if he comes back, I reckon he'd be playing. That means we dont want him back, I hope somehow Santos agree a deal with him, and for us they could give us first dibs on whoever we fucking want from them for the next 10 years. Robinho can take a massive wage cut and rot himself away in a joke of a league.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 22, 2010 9:15 am

Crossie wrote:I imagine he has some sort of "must play in 80% of games" type of clause built into his contract. I mean he came to us when we were abit shit, because he had no where else to go, so chances are he said to us, if im coming here, you will play me. Probably to play and whore himself into Chelsea or Scum.

So if he comes back, I reckon he'd be playing. That means we dont want him back, I hope somehow Santos agree a deal with him, and for us they could give us first dibs on whoever we fucking want from them for the next 10 years. Robinho can take a massive wage cut and rot himself away in a joke of a league.

We're supposed to have 1st option on players there now but even if we wanted them, he's talking them out of moving.

Imo if we were to release him to Santos on the cheap, he'll be back playing in Europe within a year, probably in the Chump's league for someone like Milan & they'll all be laughing at us. We should get every little bit we can for this turd. Swap or part ex him in Europe is the way to go I recon. Someone in Spain or Portugal will have him, if we help with enough cash to make the wages reasonable. We may get a real top player in return. Even if we don't get much for him, at least we won't look like mugs. If he refuses the move then tell him he can't play for Santos anyway. He'll probably cry & go on strike then & we won't have to pay him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby btajim » Sat May 22, 2010 9:45 am

Green & Blue wrote:Im delighted Bellamy owned him and sent him packing, if he had half the desire a player like Bellamy shows he would be a great,but sadly the man has no fight and without it players dont cut in the premier league.

Couldn't agree more. Remember the arguments when we signed Bellers? Remember the jubilation when we signed Robinho? It's completely turned on it's head, now.

I'd take an exciting Spanish player in exchange for Robinho going to La Liga.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby BobKowalski » Sat May 22, 2010 10:36 am

Crossie wrote:I imagine he has some sort of "must play in 80% of games" type of clause built into his contract. I mean he came to us when we were abit shit, because he had no where else to go, so chances are he said to us, if im coming here, you will play me. Probably to play and whore himself into Chelsea or Scum.

I am not sure there is such a clause. There may have been an understanding that Robinho plays when he wants to play but the exit to Santos was accelerated when Mancini refused to confirm that he would be a regular, which would indicate there was no clause, followed by 'subbing the sub' and picking him for the big match at..Scunthorpe.

I don't really see this is as problem. He won't be back and does anyone really care? The Robinho signing was just a marker by ADUG to say we are here. When you are the new kids on the block it usually pays to make an impression and what the Robinho signing did was cause Abramovich to fold his cards and walk away from the table so not a bad days work. Plus he gave us a lift when he arrived and he was top scorer so its not being all bad.

I will say I don't think he is that bright. If he really wanted to stay in Santos he needs City's help so getting a wage from us in return for promoting City in Brazil, even a little City academy out there and getting young players in and so on would maybe work for both parties. Trouble is that would actually require some effort on his part and effort isn't really his strong point. Silly tit.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum