***Official Champions League Final Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Champions League Final Thread***

Postby Kladze » Sat May 22, 2010 11:08 pm

gillie wrote:
Kladze wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:i would like to see the stats for the player movement in that game. I only saw Inter build and attack as a team twice in the whole 90mins. Ok so they won. But watching that and the Barca game im wondering if the best tactic against Muorinho's teams is to not play the game they want and therefore not push them back or try to dominate the game. With hindsight it would have been better for Bayern to sit back and let them come out.. at least that way they might have got the situation where not all 11 Inter players were behind the ball.. and they would have some space to play into. Plus less likely to get caught on the break. If you like Inter you will no doubt think they played good football and not see that they did exactly what Jose said they wouldn't.. park the bus.
As a spectacle it was pretty sh*te.. just compare it with the Blackpool game earlier

LMAO

Compare the European Champions League final with a second tier playoff?

Yes because they were played completely different the championship play off both teams wanted to attack the chumps league only one team wanted to attack but got sucker punched i agree with BBS it was not entertaining the champ play off was.

That's not quite true though is it?
The two games were in a strange way comparable.

Only Blackpool attacked in the first half but Cardiff hit them twice on the break - the major difference between Cardiff and Inter being that Cardiff couldn't hold onto the lead.
In the second half Blackpool got more bodies behind the ball and Cardiff 'appeared' to be more in the game.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby blootoof » Sun May 23, 2010 1:39 am

Mourinho hasn't lost a league game at home since 2002

fuckinell..some record
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun May 23, 2010 1:45 am

Most boring team to ever win the champions league. This stupid translator will never win the CL with real, he'll need 9 defenders and real just won't buy them. He really thinks something of himself. If it wasn't for Milito's offside goal against barca they wouldn't be anywhere near the trophy.. The boring bastards.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby zuricity » Sun May 23, 2010 6:52 am

I'm no Bayern fan at all, but they should really have got the equaliser within twenty seconds of the restart at half time.

That would have changed the game completely and it would have opened the Inter team up again. I'm surprised at Bayern's lack of risk in the final third , too often they passed the ball ( Reminded me of Arsenal) , around the penalty area and often backwards, searching for the perfect pass into the box , rather than dribbling into the box and making the Inter defence either foul or become chaotic/panicky. It seemed like all roads lead to Robben, in the second half.

You know a little bit of the unexpected occasionally.

I expected more from Bayern.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby dikdik » Sun May 23, 2010 8:20 am

The man's just won the European Cup for the second time WITH A DIFFERENT TEAM and all I see and hear on here is carping criticism. Perhaps we City supporters get the results we secretly crave.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Slim » Sun May 23, 2010 9:10 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
edge275 wrote:Van Buyten - From fighting relegation with city to playing a Champions League final.

From what milito just did to him, perhaps city was his level. Sorry we couldn't afford him at the time, but looks out of his depth now

I was thinking exactly the same when I saw it.

The quality was obviously there, but nowhere near as exciting as the playoff final.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Sun May 23, 2010 10:31 am

dikdik wrote:The man's just won the European Cup for the second time WITH A DIFFERENT TEAM and all I see and hear on here is carping criticism. Perhaps we City supporters get the results we secretly crave.

I don't think any Manager has ever won the European Cup with three different sides. Mourinho will do it. He'll also manage again in England and finish with the Portuguese national side.

Capello has made an excellent England Manager - but sometimes I wish we'd gone for Mourinho to lead us in to the World Cup.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Slim » Sun May 23, 2010 10:38 am

btajim wrote:
dikdik wrote:The man's just won the European Cup for the second time WITH A DIFFERENT TEAM and all I see and hear on here is carping criticism. Perhaps we City supporters get the results we secretly crave.

I don't think any Manager has ever won the European Cup with three different sides. Mourinho will do it. He'll also manage again in England and finish with the Portuguese national side.

Capello has made an excellent England Manager - but sometimes I wish we'd gone for Mourinho to lead us in to the World Cup.

Bob Paisley is the only manager to win 3 European Cups(as manager) and he did all those with Liverpool, so you'd be right. Rijkaard has won it with three different clubs, 2 as player and 1 as manager.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 am

Slim wrote:
btajim wrote:I don't think any Manager has ever won the European Cup with three different sides. Mourinho will do it. He'll also manage again in England and finish with the Portuguese national side.

Bob Paisley is the only manager to win 3 European Cups(as manager) and he did all those with Liverpool, so you'd be right. Rijkaard has won it with three different clubs, 2 as player and 1 as manager.

Statto from Fantasy Football League has nothing on you, does he?

Brian Clough is the Englishman to retain it, though. A more admirable success when he did it with Forest.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby craigmcfc » Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 am

btajim wrote:

I'd have wanted that too but if memory serves me right he ruled himself out anyway as he wanted the day to day contact and regular football that a club side brings
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby bluej » Sun May 23, 2010 11:44 am

People have moaned about Inter being boring but quite frankly watching Bayern pass it from side to side for 75 minutes was much less entertaining.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun May 23, 2010 1:02 pm

bluej wrote:People have moaned about Inter being boring but quite frankly watching Bayern pass it from side to side for 75 minutes was much less entertaining.

Much less entertaining than what?
Sitting?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby pears12 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:07 pm

It was quite a poor game for me.. inter were happy to give Bayern the ball and let them attack then hit on the break, just bayern really didn't have the quality...Saying that Inter were quite lucky not to of conceded penalty in the first half with hand ball, no idea why howard webb was reffing he has never been a ref for a final
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby brite blu sky » Sun May 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Kladze wrote:
gillie wrote:
Kladze wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:i would like to see the stats for the player movement in that game. I only saw Inter build and attack as a team twice in the whole 90mins. Ok so they won. But watching that and the Barca game im wondering if the best tactic against Muorinho's teams is to not play the game they want and therefore not push them back or try to dominate the game. With hindsight it would have been better for Bayern to sit back and let them come out.. at least that way they might have got the situation where not all 11 Inter players were behind the ball.. and they would have some space to play into. Plus less likely to get caught on the break. If you like Inter you will no doubt think they played good football and not see that they did exactly what Jose said they wouldn't.. park the bus.
As a spectacle it was pretty sh*te.. just compare it with the Blackpool game earlier

LMAO

Compare the European Champions League final with a second tier playoff?

Yes because they were played completely different the championship play off both teams wanted to attack the chumps league only one team wanted to attack but got sucker punched i agree with BBS it was not entertaining the champ play off was.

That's not quite true though is it?
The two games were in a strange way comparable.

Only Blackpool attacked in the first half but Cardiff hit them twice on the break - the major difference between Cardiff and Inter being that Cardiff couldn't hold onto the lead.
In the second half Blackpool got more bodies behind the ball and Cardiff 'appeared' to be more in the game.

If you want to get down to details the difference was that Cardiff were actually trying to get a foothold into playing football.. they didnt set out with a tactic of parking the bus, at times they were forced to because Blackpool were relentless.. whenever Pool slacked off slighlty Cardiff then strung their game together better.

As to your first comment, they were both games of football mate. If anything it was embarising watching the wealth of talent at Inter just defend to their utmost for 90 mins. As i say continually Mourinho just plays anti-football, which is fine for all the results driven supporters and occasional final watchers.. but as a spectator sport football's position as a leading industry was and is built on entertainment.

It is gonna be a right laugh watching Mourinho at Real.. because the faithful Madreleños demand attacking beautiful football AND winning... and have very little patience for lack of iether.
Scene set methinks
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum