Maradona latest

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Maradona latest

Postby Florida Blue » Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 am

Does anyone see the irony of what kind of car he was driving? Has he spent so much money on blow and attorneys that he has to drive himself in a mini?? I feel bad for Tevez and company that they have to rely on the whims of a guy who fried his brains years ago, and biggest claim to fame is as a cheat (which is sad considering how talented he was).
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby fangsanalsatan » Fri May 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Agree about Cambiasso & Zanetti (big fan), BUT:

- Veron was south american poty in 08 & 09 and is more of a Riquelme (=creative) replacement
- Palermo is a "tank" option, Lisandro, Zarate and others may be better players, but he offers something they don't
- Bolatti shouldn't be in the squad ahed of Cambiasso, Lucho and Banega
- Coloccini didn't make the WC squad
- everybody figures they'll fail miserably, but who knows, maybe they'll "click" and play a belting tournament
- I'm sure Maradona doesn't have to do anything but motivation, press stuff etc, he has a competent staff around him for tactics and all that
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby craigmcfc » Fri May 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Capello would be a national hero if he did that to a few of our so called journos. Line 'em up
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 22, 2010 4:10 am

If Argeninian journos are like English journos Im just sorry it wasn't his neck he ran over.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat May 22, 2010 11:19 am

Anyone know why Zabba is completely ignored by Maradona. I would have thought that on his form he should have at least made the first 30 squad. Has Zabba ever played for Argentina (apart from the Olympics) ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat May 22, 2010 11:42 am

Omg he drove over his foot with a mini they should have called the police
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Slim » Sat May 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:Omg he drove over his foot with a mini they should have called the police

For not backing over the cunt 10 or 20 times.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Anyone know why Zabba is completely ignored by Maradona. I would have thought that on his form he should have at least made the first 30 squad. Has Zabba ever played for Argentina (apart from the Olympics) ?

He has fair few caps for Argentine I seem to remember. It was mentioned while back but can't be arsed to check. 10 maybe?

Anyway, Maradona is going to the competition with one regocnized fullback so probably don't even know who Zabaleta is.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mike J » Mon May 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Anyone know why Zabba is completely ignored by Maradona. I would have thought that on his form he should have at least made the first 30 squad. Has Zabba ever played for Argentina (apart from the Olympics) ?

because he is shit.

nah, my dislike for him aside maradona has already said he will be playing four centre backs at the WC. his squad selection baffles me. i get the feeling they will flop massively. some great attacking players.

anyone else noticed how much diego milito looks like stallone in the first rocky! absolute fucking ringer!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Mike J wrote:

because he is shit.

nah, my dislike for him aside maradona has already said he will be playing four centre backs at the WC. his squad selection baffles me. i get the feeling they will flop massively. some great attacking players.

anyone else noticed how much diego milito looks like stallone in the first rocky! absolute fucking ringer!

I posted in the Chump's league final thread about Stallone scoring, heheh
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum