Maradona latest

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Maradona latest

Postby Green & Blue » Thu May 20, 2010 8:55 pm

What a complete embarrassment of a natioanl coach, besides the fact that he has overlooked the likes of Zanetti and Cambiasso and brought along the likes of Collocini and Guitterez he has now drove over a cameramans foot and like the gentelman he is folllowed it up by throwing abuse his way.
Hes a complete joke and should not have the responsibility of coaching Argentina hes liable to explode at this world cup with some sort of episode of madness.

Maradona runs over cameraman
Head coach runs over reporter in Buenos Aires
Last updated: 20th May 2010

Maradona: Ran over cameraman
Argentina coach Diego Maradona insulted a cameraman after accidentally running over his leg ahead of naming his final World Cup squad.

The journalist was hit by Maradona's car as he drove his Mini into the Argentine Football Association (AFA) training complex in Buenos Aires on Wednesday.

The 1986 World Cup winner then shouted abuse at the cameraman for getting in the way of his car.

"What an a**hole you are," Maradona shouted from the car after braking, "How can you put your foot under the wheel, man?"

Paramedics attended to the cameraman who was taken away for further treatment.

Media at the gates of the conference were seeking comments from the Argentina boss on his selection of players in the 23-man line-up for the World Cup in South Africa this summer, which he handed to the AFA.

Argentina will take on Nigeria, South Korea and Greece in Group A of the tournament

[youtube]CuipqU31S2M[/youtube]
Last edited by Green & Blue on Fri May 21, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Maradona latest

Postby Blue Toy » Thu May 20, 2010 9:05 pm

I wonder what odds they are to get knocked out in the first round.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby edge275 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:07 pm

LMAO. Maradona is piss funny.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 20, 2010 9:16 pm

If Argentina do well in the World Cup, it will be a tribute to their players professionalism, working as they are with the huge handicap of that fat twat.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu May 20, 2010 9:43 pm

I've read Maradona's book, and I don't mind the bloke, he's had some shit. Hes got a massive ego, totally irrational, spoilt, but he'll admit it and he'll tell people to their face what he thinks of them. He's probably done the karma thing double since 86. What now? So he runs over some blokes foot. I'd never get that close to a moving car, especially one driven by him so whats the outrage? he dropped Zanetti? he's ancient. Cambiasso? yeh can't work that one out but if they click who knows. Unlike england, Argentina have players who can turn games in a flash, so its not totally lost for them. Either way cant see el Diego in the job afterwards.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Nice one, any chance he can pop doen to the Mirror, Sun, Mail et al..................................................with an Uzi?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Argentina must be the dark horse for the WC.

Underestimate the Argentinians at your peril

If he's decided not to take Cambiasso, then it's for a good reason. Not because he's a bit weird. Zanetti is 36 ... and past it.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu May 20, 2010 10:24 pm

zuricity wrote:If he's decided not to take Cambiasso, then it's for a good reason. Not because he's a bit weird. Zanetti is 36 ... and past it.

What reason? He's picked Gutiérrez and not Cambiasso, what reason can you give for that? One has been the most influential player in winning his side the double and getting them to the CL final, the other plays for Newcastle.

Also, Zanetti has been brilliant this season. Instead Mardonna has picked Verón & Palmero who play in a far inferior league. There are aged 35 & 36 respectively.

Let's get one thing right, this man is a clown. He is is the reason why Argentina struggled to qualify and he is the reason why Argentina will fail in the summer.

Though I do think jounos stand to close to these cars at times.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby blootoof » Thu May 20, 2010 10:57 pm

He should have reversed back and finished him off.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby edge275 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:02 pm

blootoof wrote:He should have reversed back and finished him off.

And then got out a massive rizzler, rolled him up and smoked him like a spliff, then make a curry and leave it for someone else. What do you think of that?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby brite blu sky » Thu May 20, 2010 11:05 pm

been saying for ages they are the dark horses for this one, but it will be in spite of Maradona not because of him.. not that he would see it that way of course.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blootoof » Thu May 20, 2010 11:09 pm

edge275 wrote:
blootoof wrote:He should have reversed back and finished him off.

And then got out a massive rizzler, rolled him up and smoked him like a spliff, then make a curry and leave it for someone else. What do you think of that?

Fantastic!
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu May 20, 2010 11:13 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
zuricity wrote:If he's decided not to take Cambiasso, then it's for a good reason. Not because he's a bit weird. Zanetti is 36 ... and past it.

What reason? He's picked Gutiérrez and not Cambiasso, what reason can you give for that? One has been the most influential player in winning his side the double and getting them to the CL final, the other plays for Newcastle.

Also, Zanetti has been brilliant this season. Instead Mardonna has picked Verón & Palmero who play in a far inferior league. There are aged 35 & 36 respectively.

Let's get one thing right, this man is a clown. He is is the reason why Argentina struggled to qualify and he is the reason why Argentina will fail in the summer.

Hold on LookMum Maradona was brought in when they were struggling already. OK His organisation of the team was all over the place v Bolivia, 1-6 loss was it? completely done by the altitude but he came in when things were already looking ropey shit. I'm not cheerleading him but this isnt an easy job. I dont see all our GREAT players queing up for the England job. At least he's putting himself up there. Fuck he was almost dead a few years ago!
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Kyle » Fri May 21, 2010 12:01 am

There is tons of pressure from South American fans to bring players that are playing there. Its tough for the coaches because thier job is not secure at all, and the fans can be very, very irrational. Palermo is a legend in Buenos Aires and rightly so for what he's done for Boca. Both players you mentioned (Veron, Palermo) play in different positions then Cambiasso anyway. If he would have brought Cambiasso he probably would have gotten bitched at for bringing too negative of a team - full of holding mids.

Bear in mind I haven't looked at the team selection yet and I do think Maradona is a bad coach, but in many cases there is internal pressure on who to bring and a lot of times the coach doesn't have much say, specifically in Argentina and Brasil.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Green & Blue » Fri May 21, 2010 12:31 am

zuricity wrote:Argentina must be the dark horse for the WC.

Underestimate the Argentinians at your peril

If he's decided not to take Cambiasso, then it's for a good reason. Not because he's a bit weird. Zanetti is 36 ... and past it.

I agree they should not be underestimated but thats no thanks to the round one.Leaving players like Cambiasso and Zanetti who have been in great form this season and so influential for inter is just not defendable,its a farcical decision by him.I strongly disagree that Zanetti is past it,he may be 36 but if you have seen him play recently you would not describe his performances as being past it.He has been such a key player for inter playing 52 games in all competitions, it will be 53 on saturday as he aims to lift the european cup.It makes no sense to me why he has turned a blind eye to two of his countrys finest performers this season.
He has an amazing options going forward and im really looking forward to watching them as i think they will play some great football but i can see them being exposed defensively.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Colin the King » Fri May 21, 2010 1:42 am

Can't believe he's left Cambiasso and Zanetti out (who is a million miles from being past it- he's been outstanding this season whenever I've seen Inter), even by his wacky standards that's hard to grasp. Their group is fairly straightforward- Greece, North Korea and Nigeria- so even allowing for his bizarre management, surely they'll at least finish 2nd and get to the last sixteen. Come up against a top side like Spain or Holland and they're fucked though- could be embarrassing, especially if he plays three at the back again.

It's a real shame for the likes of Messi, who should be given the platform to really shine on the biggest stage. Maybe this is over the top, but a good manager in charge of Argentina at the moment would have to be one of the favourites to win the whole thing? Tevez, Higuain, Messi, Aguero and Milito to choose from up front, which is just frightening- and then defensively the likes of Demichelis, Samuel, Mascherano, Zanetti, Cambiasso. On paper I'd actually have them up there with Spain as the best in the World. Not won on paper though is it.
Colin the King

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri May 21, 2010 6:20 am

I predicted in one of the earlier World Cup topics that Argentina will fail and I very much stand by my opinion after I've seen who Maradona has selected. Honestly, with half decent manager they'd be my second bet behind Spain. Leaving out Zanetti was crazy as mentioned and now, if I counted properly, they have one genuine fullback in whole squad. Leaving Cambiasso out is such mindblowing move I don't know what to say. He should be their fucking captain! Instead there's Martin fucking Palermo. I mean is that a fucking joke? I understand Maradona supports Boca and all that but still. Martin Palermo. I still remember him playing in Spain and he was marginally WORSE than Bernardo Corradi! Imagine being Tevez or Messi and there you are, one of the best national sides in the world, in prime of your career and with genuine chance to win the biggest prize in world football. And you are feeding Martin Palermo who can barely run.

Mind blowing.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri May 21, 2010 7:44 am

Kyle wrote:

There is tons of pressure from South American fans to bring players that are playing there. Its tough for the coaches because thier job is not secure at all, and the fans can be very, very irrational. Palermo is a legend in Buenos Aires and rightly so for what he's done for Boca. Both players you mentioned (Veron, Palermo) play in different positions then Cambiasso anyway. If he would have brought Cambiasso he probably would have gotten bitched at for bringing too negative of a team - full of holding mids.

Bear in mind I haven't looked at the team selection yet and I do think Maradona is a bad coach, but in many cases there is internal pressure on who to bring and a lot of times the coach doesn't have much say, specifically in Argentina and Brasil.

You could wheel out excuses like 'public pressure' and ' negative selections' for ANY manager. These don't stack up anymore.

The proof will be in the eating, Argentina will pass an easy group but get no further. And that's with some of the bet players in the world at their disposale (though he's left two out obv).
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri May 21, 2010 8:05 am

Maradona has always been a prick. Never liked him.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby brite blu sky » Fri May 21, 2010 11:34 am

i was chatting this morning with an Argentinian guy, who also couldn't believe the omissions of Zanetti and Cambiaso ( wrong spelling ). He told me that Maradona has used something like 108 different players in the 3 years he has been coach of the national team.. He also said that in Argentina they recognise that he just likes to create confusion.. and there is some hope that is what he is trying to do as a tactic !! ffs

Whatever happens i rekon it is going to be interesting.. im betting on a player mutiny.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum