Avram Grant resigns

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Avram Grant resigns

Postby HeyMark » Thu May 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Apparently he's issued a letter to the fans explaining his decision!

Fair play to him, done a good job with them this season and with Chelsea too were he got a raw deal.

Next West Ham manager?
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Avram Grant resigns

Postby Dronny » Thu May 20, 2010 7:16 pm

For which team???

OK, I'll get my hat
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:41 pm

That's him to Westham then.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Thu May 20, 2010 10:17 pm

And all the managers of premier league teams without Sports Directors must be worried !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Poor bastards! AG gets to take over a near relegation side, again! I suppose a FA Cup Final will make up for West Ham being relegated?

What exactly did he prove at Pompey?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 20, 2010 10:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Poor bastards! AG gets to take over a near relegation side, again! I suppose a FA Cup Final will make up for West Ham being relegated?

I dont quite get it either mate. Pompey had a reasonable side, and there were a number of worse sides in the PL last season - no way they should have finished in the bottom 3 (points deduction aside) however some would say the damage was already done by the time he got there.

An FA Cup final was a good achievement and you cant fault him for that, but to get to the cup final winning through 4 or 5 rounds since January, why could they not win the games in the league?

He is a good manager though, thought he was shafted at Chelsea personally - did a good job following Mourinho and achieved something Mourinho never did at Chelsea, CL final
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby gillie » Thu May 20, 2010 10:42 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Poor bastards! AG gets to take over a near relegation side, again! I suppose a FA Cup Final will make up for West Ham being relegated?

I dont quite get it either mate. Pompey had a reasonable side, and there were a number of worse sides in the PL last season - no way they should have finished in the bottom 3 (points deduction aside) however some would say the damage was already done by the time he got there.

An FA Cup final was a good achievement and you cant fault him for that, but to get to the cup final winning through 4 or 5 rounds since January, why could they not win the games in the league?

He is a good manager though, thought he was shafted at Chelsea personally - did a good job following Mourinho and achieved something Mourinho never did at Chelsea, CL final

Most of the league players were cup tied plus they had to sit Dindane for about three leagues games until Lens agreed to let him play.Greenback did great job at Pompey and if he ends up at WHU will do a great job for them imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 20, 2010 11:19 pm

gillie wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Most of the league players were cup tied plus they had to sit Dindane for about three leagues games until Lens agreed to let him play.Greenback did great job at Pompey and if he ends up at WHU will do a great job for them imo.

They were already down by the time the Dindane issue came up....and as for cup tied players, even more mystifying that they couldnt survive when there was a full sqaud to chose from
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri May 21, 2010 6:30 am

What happened to that embarrasing speach?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Fri May 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What exactly did he prove at Pompey?

No-one could have done anything at Pompey last season. Grant did prove that he's willing to get stuck in and not leave somewhere at the first available opportunity. I'm guessing heads dipped when they were deducted points - but I think Pompey might have scraped survival had they not gone in to Administration.

David James is being spoken to about the vacancy at Portsmouth!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Fish111 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:06 pm

David James has stated he would be interested in becoming the new manager at Pompey. That begs the question: How many goalkeepers have gone on to be succesful managers?
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Vhero » Fri May 21, 2010 5:02 pm

According to SSN he is now set to be revealed as the new Wet Spam manager.. He didn't take long did he??
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Fish111 wrote:David James has stated he would be interested in becoming the new manager at Pompey. That begs the question: How many goalkeepers have gone on to be succesful managers?

Succesful? Kevin Blackwell is the only Ex-Goalie I can think of who is presently a Manager (at Sheffield United) - although the position alot of regular Managers played isn't to my knowledge.

Peter Shilton had a stint as a Manager but it wasn't particularly succesful.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Nickyboy » Fri May 21, 2010 6:12 pm

didn't bert have an unsuccessful spell as stockport manager as well?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CityGer » Fri May 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Pleased for him.

He's been in a shit storm for a few months but has kept Pompey's chin up, got them to an FA Cup Final and gave their fans a great day out. I actually think he's one of football's decent fella's and I hope he does well at West Ham.

They've made a wise appointment, good club and I reckon he'll surprise a few people. Good luck to him.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri May 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Great to see that he wrote the portsmouth fans a letter! Very good of him.

Looking like he will be the next west ham manager very soon and maybe there he might fulfil some of his managerial potential!

Wish him all the best. A good manager and has made the right choice IMO.
Blueboylewis

My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum