Ban on wearing England shirts during WC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ban on wearing England shirts during WC

Postby Goataldo » Wed May 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Apparently this goes for 'us' not the players. That would be only a tinier bit dafter.

Keep hearing folk banging on about 'not being allowed to wear England shirts watching the World Cup. 'Police are going round pubs and clubs telling people they can't wear England shirts cos people who ain't from here don't like it.'

Some of my 'friends' on Faceache, are joing groups to prove how much their gonna wear their shirts in defiance. I mean these guys areabsolutely gonna really really wear them. No coats or anything. St George's Turkish heart must be swelling with pride.

Much like people moaning about not being able to fly a St George's cross.

Has ANYONE here EVER had any grief for something like this? Or EVER been told they're not gonna be able to wear a certain shirt whilst watching a game at a pub? I've never met anyone who's had actual experience of this, and I've defo never had it myself.

Is it just total bollox? BNP propaganda? Nobheads sharing a group paranoid delusion? A combination of all three?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Re: Ban on wearing England shirts during WC

Postby bluechester » Wed May 19, 2010 6:34 pm

not heard anything about this, dont reckon it is true to be honest, all the boozers round our way have got st georges flags up, something to be proud of
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Slim » Wed May 19, 2010 6:36 pm

I was told by a bunch of Australians during the 2003 World Cup(Rugby) that I should be ashamed of myself for wearing the racist flag.

I pointed out to them that the Australian flag has the St. George's cross on it as well, didn't shut them up telling me about the differences between the union jack and the cross, I was really too drunk to care at the time, I think they were just sore cause they lost.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Wed May 19, 2010 6:37 pm

It all sounds like a load of shit to me. Shit that maybe happened as a facefuck group then spiralled out of control by the pig ignorany wishing to believe such bullshit. They could not enforce such twaddle even if they wanted to. I have friends who have been spouting this shit to me for the past week and the fools believe it to be true.

Mind I do get loads hassle in pubs cause I always wear a hat. Even got asked to take it off by a vicar at my sons nativity play. Sorry mr vicar but until that little old dear takes the bowl of fruit off her head then I am covering this mass of wild pubic hair.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Blue in the face » Wed May 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Wednesdays boll*x.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Chinners » Wed May 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Crock of shit in my opinion, never know the police to endorse such nonsense
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby bluechester » Wed May 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Chinners wrote:Crock of shit in my opinion, never know the police to endorse such nonsense

never known the police to follow through anything, they are that bad at their job, ha ha

seriously it cant be policed, you cant chuck people out for wayching england because you are wearing a england shirt, load of shite
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby ashton287 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm

imagine them trying to tell a pub full of pissed up england fans they had to leave the pub for wearing an england top when its 1-1 78 minutes into the quarter final. there arent enough police in the uk i dont think
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed May 19, 2010 6:47 pm

its bollocks, its shit-stirring by some tabloid rag.

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/index.php? ... iew&id=860
The Man In Blue

Postby scaffa blue » Wed May 19, 2010 7:10 pm

i think there is some truth in this story, i did see a story in the press. A landlord from a pub in Croyden said he had received a letter from the local police asking him to deter fans fromn wearing the shirts. It wasnt because it offended anyone but because if England win or lose fans have a habit of kicking off after a skinful and taking it out on those deemed non English. Im not against fans wearing shirts but obviusly as we know certain people do suddenly get brave when they do and think its ok to beat up the bloke from the lcoal pizza place because he's not a native. When England beat Germany i think it was in Euro 2000 i was in Cleethorpes and fans celebrated by attacking the restaurant next to a popular pub who had a gigantic flag of St George on the outside. The restaurant next door wasnt even owned by Germans, just decided to attack anyone remotely foreign looking. Unfortunately incidents like this dont help anyones cause, and as we know in this country the minute one person assualts someone wearing an England shirt we are ALL fascists, racists, zenophobes, biggots (especially women from Rochdale). I don't think these incidents are isolated either, they happen all over the country.
scaffa blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: paul lake

Postby Bluez » Wed May 19, 2010 7:19 pm

scaffa blue wrote:i think there is some truth in this story, i did see a story in the press. A landlord from a pub in Croyden said he had received a letter from the local police asking him to deter fans fromn wearing the shirts. It wasnt because it offended anyone but because if England win or lose fans have a habit of kicking off after a skinful and taking it out on those deemed non English. Im not against fans wearing shirts but obviusly as we know certain people do suddenly get brave when they do and think its ok to beat up the bloke from the lcoal pizza place because he's not a native. When England beat Germany i think it was in Euro 2000 i was in Cleethorpes and fans celebrated by attacking the restaurant next to a popular pub who had a gigantic flag of St George on the outside. The restaurant next door wasnt even owned by Germans, just decided to attack anyone remotely foreign looking. Unfortunately incidents like this dont help anyones cause, and as we know in this country the minute one person assualts someone wearing an England shirt we are ALL fascists, racists, zenophobes, biggots (especially women from Rochdale). I don't think these incidents are isolated either, they happen all over the country.

So surely the best thing to do is as many people as possible wear the shirt? The idea that someone puts on the shirt and turns into an idiot is plain daft, but if wearing the shirt starts to be frowned upon you can guarentee teh idiots will be teh ones that go out of their way to wear it. If everyone was wearing one it is clear that the majority are normal, while a minority of idiots will always ruin everything shirt or not? Maybe someone should start a "Reclaim the St.George flag from the idiots" group on Facebook?
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Wed May 19, 2010 7:21 pm

so i will wear my city shirt, that will fuck the police up
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Sister of fu » Wed May 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Shit stirring by the BNP. Trust me the Police have better things to do then tell football fans not to wear England shirts. Shocked that people are sucked it by it. Utter bollocks!!!
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Nothing more to say.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sister of fu » Wed May 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Nothing more to say.

You being racist beefy...:-)
Sister of fu

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Nothing more to say.

You being racist beefy...:-)

I love everyone ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Even the Aussie's!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby scaffa blue » Wed May 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Bluez, i agree with you,
scaffa blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: paul lake

Postby Sister of fu » Wed May 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Even the Aussie's!

Now your going to far....
Sister of fu

Postby bluechester » Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 pm

scaffa blue wrote:i think there is some truth in this story, i did see a story in the press. A landlord from a pub in Croyden said he had received a letter from the local police asking him to deter fans fromn wearing the shirts. It wasnt because it offended anyone but because if England win or lose fans have a habit of kicking off after a skinful and taking it out on those deemed non English. Im not against fans wearing shirts but obviusly as we know certain people do suddenly get brave when they do and think its ok to beat up the bloke from the lcoal pizza place because he's not a native. When England beat Germany i think it was in Euro 2000 i was in Cleethorpes and fans celebrated by attacking the restaurant next to a popular pub who had a gigantic flag of St George on the outside. The restaurant next door wasnt even owned by Germans, just decided to attack anyone remotely foreign looking. Unfortunately incidents like this dont help anyones cause, and as we know in this country the minute one person assualts someone wearing an England shirt we are ALL fascists, racists, zenophobes, biggots (especially women from Rochdale). I don't think these incidents are isolated either, they happen all over the country.

these same people would kick offwearing an england top or not,they are idiots, so wont matter what clothing they wear,
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum