Last season, "there was no value in the market"

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Last season, "there was no value in the market"

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 19, 2010 11:22 am

This season, only days after publically stating the team relied too much on Rooney, Bacon has now said he is happy with his squad and will add one player at the most.

First came this: United debt interest rate upto 16.25%
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 130227.ece
With the season over, it is almost certain that United will breach the financial rules set out in the Payment in Kind (PIK) loan taken on by the Glazers to fund their investment in the club. The rate hike means that United will owe an extra £75 million in interest on an already ruinous £138 million loan taken out in 2006. That total will have ballooned to £662.6 million by the maturity date of 2017

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 130227.ece

The coincidentally a couple of hours later:
Ferguson said: “In the market today it’s very, very difficult and the structure of our squad is good in terms of ages, the balance, the numbers and there’s a lot of good young players. Sometimes you have to trust in all the development of the last few years and I’m going to stick with that, or most of it.

“There may be one signing and maybe we’d like to get a good player to the club, of course, but it’s not easy in the present day climate and I’ve nothing definite to tell you because we’re still assessing whoever’s available and the difficulties in terms of who you’d bring in.”

http://www.breakingfootballnews.com/eng ... layer/1548

Guess thats bye bye to Benzema, Villa, Kaka, Ribery etc.
Would it be mean spirited to laugh my fucking arse off at this. Bacon must be going fucking mental keeping the lid on this and not saying what he thinks, you can just tell that last line that I quoted that "the difficulties" are pretty simple, they are fucking broke.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Re: Last season, "there was no value in the market"

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 19, 2010 11:25 am

HATE SCUM LOVE GLAZERS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Re: Last season, "there was no value in the market"

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 19, 2010 11:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:HATE SCUM LOVE GLAZERS.

Me too. Those paedo looking American fellows deserve a huge statue building in the middle of Manchester.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum