Been a while....Magic Johnson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Been a while....Magic Johnson

Postby btajim » Tue May 18, 2010 5:51 pm

ant london wrote:I thought it was quiet on the MJ front but here is word of "the other" Johnson. I don't care what anyone says....he HAS got the potential to play at the highest level. I just hope that physically he holds up.

Only an idiot would claim that a fully fit Michael Johnson wouldn't play at the highest level. He's potentially one of the very best our prolific Academy has ever produced.

I can't wait to see him playing again.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby JonnyAsh » Tue May 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Would love to see Jono back, and we can give him all the time he needs. He won't be going anywhere until he's fully fit anyway, so he is a luxury we can cope with. With all the injuries, there is a comparison with the great Colin Bell, but even he wasn't the same player afterwards, so we have to keep our fingers crossed
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Dubciteh » Tue May 18, 2010 6:20 pm

razor400 wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Some people claim this guy as the second coming!!! He wasnt even that good when we were shit!

Id like to see him make a comeback but im not holding my breath, i certainly wont be relying on him. If hes lucky and reaches the potential he once had he will prob make our bench at best. harsh but imo true.

Nothing like being positive eh mate, you're a miserable cunt harsh but imo true.

that my friend is spot on!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Crossie wrote:He will be an asset when he's back. But it wont be the 2nd coming of Jesus. We have moved on alot since he was putting in occasional good performances.

Its amazing how everyone only remembers the goals, what about all the games where you barely noticed he was on the pitch for 60 minutes.

exactly. People need to calm down a bit. Even before his injuries he was very raw and had tendency to disappear for long periods in game. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to hear his rehab is going well but extended loan period and lots of regular football elsewhere is needed before we should even think about playing him.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Grob » Tue May 18, 2010 9:09 pm

Has he put on a bit of timber once more so we can all take the piss/act worried??

The 07 Sven version of Jonno was exactly what we missed last season and with that player in the team im going to say that would have given us that little bit extra from midfield and we would have got 4th.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby brite blu sky » Tue May 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Crossie wrote:He will be an asset when he's back. But it wont be the 2nd coming of Jesus. We have moved on alot since he was putting in occasional good performances.

Its amazing how everyone only remembers the goals, what about all the games where you barely noticed he was on the pitch for 60 minutes.

exactly. People need to calm down a bit. Even before his injuries he was very raw and had tendency to disappear for long periods in game. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to hear his rehab is going well but extended loan period and lots of regular football elsewhere is needed before we should even think about playing him.

he caertainly did used to disappear.. but i got the sense under sven he started to get stronger.. perhaps i was imagining it.
Bottom line is he has potential.. possibly a lot of it.. but we have been there before with a lot of players and they dont come through.. my wishful thinking side is hoping that he at least gets a chance
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 19, 2010 5:17 am

brite blu sky wrote:

he caertainly did used to disappear.. but i got the sense under sven he started to get stronger.. perhaps i was imagining it.
Bottom line is he has potential.. possibly a lot of it.. but we have been there before with a lot of players and they dont come through.. my wishful thinking side is hoping that he at least gets a chance

nah, I thought he was improving as well and like you said has massive potential. It's just that almost three years in sidelines and (previous?) problems in lifestyle makes me bit worried how much he has been left behind in development. Also, this is whole new team with whole another level of skill and expectations so the step up will be massive.

I'm not writing him out though, just saying that there's LOT of work ahead of him and I don't expect to see him for us regularily before 11/12 season.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Wed May 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:nah, I thought he was improving as well and like you said has massive potential. It's just that almost three years in sidelines and (previous?) problems in lifestyle makes me bit worried how much he has been left behind in development. Also, this is whole new team with whole another level of skill and expectations so the step up will be massive.

I'm not writing him out though, just saying that there's LOT of work ahead of him and I don't expect to see him for us regularily before 11/12 season.

Michael Johnson will have new Players around him and new Coaching - it could really work in his favour if he can remain fit and focussed.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Wed May 19, 2010 12:51 pm

good for him hopefully he will recover 100%.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby brite blu sky » Wed May 19, 2010 1:57 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

nah, I thought he was improving as well and like you said has massive potential. It's just that almost three years in sidelines and (previous?) problems in lifestyle makes me bit worried how much he has been left behind in development. Also, this is whole new team with whole another level of skill and expectations so the step up will be massive.

well with the new season at least there will be plenty of comps for him to get some chances in.. but as you say a LOT of work to do and probably ( hopefully ) a serious amount of competition for his place.
One of his attributes is good vision and awareness and that will do him no harm in Mancini's eyes im sure.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Wed May 19, 2010 2:09 pm

I have two reasons for wanting this kid to turn into the star we can all see.
1. He's a City player.
2. I'd be right and my brother wrong...sweeeeet.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum