Shock of the season - Benjani

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shock of the season - Benjani

Postby superkev8705 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:43 pm

I remember after we drubbed Portsmouth 6-0 i thought that he was gonna go on and get at least another 15 that season. He did well against that Nicosia in UEFA cup just before (or after) the Pompey game as well. I just realised that he did actually miss an open net in that game but still.

As for Benjani, i will just remember him for that pointy celebration thing he did that we hardly ever got to see. Can he not jump or does his just choose not to jump. He makesSibierski look like Pele.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Grob » Wed May 19, 2010 5:01 pm

walmai wrote:Jo! One of the unmentionables on your passage to, err, 5th place.

What a hilariously bad transfer. Was it £19M plus add-ons?

I remember reading somewhere that CSKA would only received £7 million for the transfer which makes you wonder what happened to the rest of the money.

Who knows what the actual price was and who knows where the money went. The only thing we know for sure is that we ended up with a flop.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Slim » Wed May 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Grob wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that CSKA would only received £7 million for the transfer which makes you wonder what happened to the rest of the money.

Who knows what the actual price was and who knows where the money went. The only thing we know for sure is that we ended up with a flop.

I believe the rest was based on his participation and our qualification in Europe. I believe Socs broke it down way back when.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Slim wrote:
Grob wrote:

I believe the rest was based on his participation and our qualification in Europe. I believe Socs broke it down way back when.

How do you feel about Vhero not taking you seriously?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Vhero » Wed May 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Grob wrote:Jo was a Thaksin signing in my opinion. The transfer was done more for the benefit of our previous owner and agents involved rather than the player or the club

I think he was too and maybe a write off..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Vhero » Wed May 19, 2010 5:26 pm

edge275 wrote:
Slim wrote:
Grob wrote:

Hahaha rather random place to bring that up?? He will cut you down for that.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Wed May 19, 2010 5:29 pm

edge275 wrote:
Slim wrote:
Grob wrote:

Devastated as you can imagine. What's next, bluecreed and Andrew Davies taking the piss?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum