Transfer rumours Forum?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours Forum?

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 18, 2010 9:59 pm

I wouldn't be against it, so long as there was a warning that general 'Bluemoonery' would not be tolerated & the offenders would be suspended immediately & indefinitely & if possible, found & beaten up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dazzacity » Tue May 18, 2010 10:00 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:If it ain't broke...

It is broken, though. which is why some dont even bother with the rumours thread . We have god knows how many different stories muddled into one another and its only goin to get much worse. I just think it will be so much more easier if members could think 'hmm I wonder how the Milner deal is doin' and just click on the appropriate thread and look, rather than scanning through loads of other shit..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue May 18, 2010 10:12 pm

Dazzacity wrote:

It is broken, though. which is why some dont even bother with the rumours thread . We have god knows how many different stories muddled into one another and its only goin to get much worse. I just think it will be so much more easier if members could think 'hmm I wonder how the Milner deal is doin' and just click on the appropriate thread and look, rather than scanning through loads of other shit..

All transfer rumours are shit though, surely any grown man knows this?

If I wanted to know how James Milner is doing then I'd go to Google news, type in 'Milner' and hit search. Takes what, 4 seconds? Or people have feeds. Or read papers and though all of these methods are neither more or less reliable than what 'ITK' fans post on messageboards, it's ultimately where the information comes from.

Despite what you're claiming the board ISN'T broke. A [strike]Made Up Shit[/strike] Rumours forum would just dilute the rest of the site.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Green & Blue » Tue May 18, 2010 10:16 pm

Dazzacity wrote:

I can see where your coming from, although when i think of all the itk crap over on bluemoon i think the whole thing is slightely pathetic.Its almost to the stage of hero worship towards some of the people posting the "latest info" and a load of gullibles hanging on the posters every word.(see attempts by bluecreed)hes flogging a dead horse on here, could reach legend staus on bluemoon.

I would hate to see that mentality created here but i dont think the posters on here would tolerate it so i cant see it being a problem if a transfer forum is created.

It would have its good points as the transfer thread is a bit of nightmare, in past windows it has died a death and when a transfer looks to gain momentum it always has its own thread anyway.
It would also keep it all in one place so those with no interest would not have to tolerate it in the Maine forum.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby gillie » Tue May 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Its a great idea imo and i will tell you why.
1.We dont suffer fools long on this site(apart from your's truly).
2.We know BS when we read it.
3.It will give that miserable sod from Finland more to do on the moderating front lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue Blood » Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

I can see where your coming from, although when i think of all the itk crap over on bluemoon i think the whole thing is slightely pathetic.Its almost to the stage of hero worship towards some of the people posting the "latest info" and a load of gullibles hanging on the posters every word.(see attempts by bluecreed)hes flogging a dead horse on here, could reach legend staus on bluemoon.

I would hate to see that mentality created here but i dont think the posters on here would tolerate it so i cant see it being a problem if a transfer forum is created.

It would have its good points as the transfer thread is a bit of nightmare, in past windows it has died a death and when a transfer looks to gain momentum it always has its own thread anyway.
It would also keep it all in one place so those with no interest would not have to tolerate it in the Maine forum.

Posters on here wouldn't tolerate it, the problem is if we even begin to let an ITK culture grow on here (in this case in the guise of a transfer bollocks forum), we'd have a migration of kids from bluemoon, come invade and absolutely destroy the site.

It would go from decent adult debate to mickey mouse bullshit over night.

We cannot allow this, so a big no from me to any notion of a transfer section on this site. Theres just no need for it.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby gillie » Tue May 18, 2010 10:40 pm

But the kids are only interested in the ITK's and if its in its own forum then the rest of the site will not become infected.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Blood » Tue May 18, 2010 11:39 pm

gillie wrote:But the kids are only interested in the ITK's and if its in its own forum then the rest of the site will not become infected.

Do you really think we can keep the idiots posting in one area? not a chance.

Just look at bluemoon, its just painful to read, mainly down to the kids that have infested the site. Even the most sensible thread invariably descends into stupidity over there.

This site is great as it is now, as someone else said already on here. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Dazzacity » Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 am

I dont understand why some are getting paranoid over the idea. Its just basically what we already have-just more organised . And to those saying the transfer news (rumours) section is bollox, it would appear many take an interest judging by the 450ish posts.

As an example:

I see a thread on here regarding us being after Luiz. I didnt have time to click on it and read it at the time .I logged on later to have a look, but couldnt find it . I then knew it had been thrown in with the other million stories in the transfer thread, so I then couldnt be arsed to look through everything else in order to find that one story.

And as for the guy saying 'Ill just google it' how the hell are you goin to find out what some lad has found out after chatting with an agent while walkin his dog?? I know some talk shit, but it can also have links from papers etc where members can then leave their feedback on the matter..Lets face it, some links are very concrete i.e Boateng. We will soon spot the bullshitters and we may also get someone that actually gives us some accurate info and can be relied on in the future.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Wed May 19, 2010 12:38 am

Blue Blood wrote:
gillie wrote:But the kids are only interested in the ITK's and if its in its own forum then the rest of the site will not become infected.

Do you really think we can keep the idiots posting in one area? not a chance.

Just look at bluemoon, its just painful to read, mainly down to the kids that have infested the site. Even the most sensible thread invariably descends into stupidity over there.

This site is great as it is now, as someone else said already on here. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

But Im sure these kids and idiots would still be on there whether it had a transfer sub-forum or not. Bluemoon is regarded the main City forum?? I dont go on there if Im honest, but Im sure its a big forum so you will get a big mix of users, including kids etc. Im sure they wont all come floodin over just because we have a transfer forum.Not when they have there own, if Im not mistaken..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Wed May 19, 2010 2:14 am

I just see the rumours thread as a heads-up to go and check the papers/online about a certain player really - that's why I drop stuff from (that paragon of accurate info) SSN in there. It's all bollox anyway until we have a photo of them on the official site holding up our shirt.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby gillie » Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 am

Well could we at least have a poll on the subject after all we do live in a democracy dont we?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:59 am

Why is it always us and them, if this is a public forum what is the problem with "them" posting on it?

Like we/you/whoever is better than the next person because of the forum they use...sad.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dazzacity » Wed May 19, 2010 9:28 am

Dameerto wrote:I just see the rumours thread as a heads-up to go and check the papers/online about a certain player really - that's why I drop stuff from (that paragon of accurate info) SSN in there. It's all bollox anyway until we have a photo of them on the official site holding up our shirt.

Well, if people would rather flick through every news paper artical and google every man city story, good luck to them. Personally, I would rather it all be organised into one sub-forum.

Yeah, most of it is bollox, but its still nice to keep track on potential targets. I mean you dont exactly completely ignore transfer rumours, do you..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 19, 2010 10:04 am

Dazzacity wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I just see the rumours thread as a heads-up to go and check the papers/online about a certain player really - that's why I drop stuff from (that paragon of accurate info) SSN in there. It's all bollox anyway until we have a photo of them on the official site holding up our shirt.

Well, if people would rather flick through every news paper artical and google every man city story, good luck to them. Personally, I would rather it all be organised into one sub-forum.

Yeah, most of it is bollox, but its still nice to keep track on potential targets. I mean you dont exactly completely ignore transfer rumours, do you..

I do still think that you should check into Blue Moon for rumours (not otherwise of course, you are a good poster) like I do when I want to read chinwag about rumoured transfers and day dreams about players who have been supposedly spotted shopping in Arndale's.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 19, 2010 10:37 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

I do still think that you should check into Blue Moon for rumours (not otherwise of course, you are a good poster) like I do when I want to read chinwag about rumoured transfers and day dreams about players who have been supposedly spotted shopping in Arndale's.

I think it's good fun. Just gets ruined by countless obsessives wanting to 'out' them as liars rather than just let everyone use their own judgement. One or two disbelieving comments fair enough but there are people who seem to stalk these blokes as if they're war criminals.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 19, 2010 10:41 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

I think it's good fun. Just gets ruined by countless obsessives wanting to 'out' them as liars rather than just let everyone use their own judgement. One or two disbelieving comments fair enough but there are people who seem to stalk these blokes as if they're war criminals.

Yeah, but that's why it's great Blue Moon is there. For us serious ones to have this place and those who want to go through endless amount of rumours there's Blue Moon. Like I said, many people use both sites for different purposes.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 19, 2010 10:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

Yeah, but that's why it's great Blue Moon is there. For us serious ones to have this place and those who want to go through endless amount of rumours there's Blue Moon. Like I said, many people use both sites for different purposes.

I suppose so. Someone would have to control the nutcases if they were attracted over here & it's probably a full time job!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Wed May 19, 2010 10:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:there are people who seem to stalk these blokes as if they're war criminals.

*chortle*

very amusing....
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Chinners » Wed May 19, 2010 10:46 am

Personally, I really don't see the need. We have a Transfer thread and in addition the Daily Bollox threads ... theres only so much bollox people can take imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum