West Ham shortlist for new Manager Gig

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

West Ham shortlist for new Manager Gig

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 12:58 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6159226,00.html

Avram Grant, Sam Allardyce, Dave Jones and Ian Holloway! I understand Mark Hughes distanced himself from the vacancy - although Kevin Hitchcock is the Goalkeeping Coach at Upton Park now.

Allardyce seems an unlikely Candidate and one of Dave Jones or Ian Holloway should see out at least 6 months of the start of next season with their own Premiership side.

It's got to be Avram.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: West Ham shortlist for new Manager Gig

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 17, 2010 1:05 pm

If Hughes is out of the running then it's Grant. To my knowledge Allardyce doesn't want to leave north.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Mon May 17, 2010 1:14 pm

There is a very, very funny big sam spoof twitter account:

http://twitter.com/TheBig_Sam
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Pablo Sacramento wrote:There is a very, very funny big sam spoof twitter account:

HAHA

Cracking find mate!

"How Can We Be Lovers If We Can't Be Friends?" Michael Bolton has just asked on my Walkman. I once said the same thing to Gillian Taylforth.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon May 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Pablo Sacramento wrote:There is a very, very funny big sam spoof twitter account:

Has been posted before but that Twitter Account is fucking hilarious. Funniest shit I read in ages.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Mon May 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

HAHA

Cracking find mate!

"How Can We Be Lovers If We Can't Be Friends?" Michael Bolton has just asked on my Walkman. I once said the same thing to Gillian Taylforth.

There is also a Garry Cook one which I think is done by the same guy, not as funny but still great.

http://twitter.com/Garry__Cook

"Bellamy couldn't travel today, he's back at my house, sorry mansion, decorating the bathroom"
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Allardyce wont leave Blackburn this summer - he finally has a chance of a bit of cash to throw at some new players, and he will want to prove their tenth place wasn't a fluke (though i personally think it was)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Dameerto wrote:Allardyce wont leave Blackburn this summer - he finally has a chance of a bit of cash to throw at some new players, and he will want to prove their tenth place wasn't a fluke (though i personally think it was)

Nah, they had a shocking start and only got it together later in the season, give him a chance to do a bit of wheeling and dealing and they will get better, not worse
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 17, 2010 5:19 pm

I dont see them finishing above any of the top 7 from this season, Fulham should get their shit together, and I think Sunderland could sneak a decent run if they dont collapse spectacularly, I think the best Blackburn could do would be tenth next season, but they will more than likely slip a place or two.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:If Hughes is out of the running then it's Grant. To my knowledge Allardyce doesn't want to leave north.

It's got to be, really. I think Ian Holloway will manage in the Premiership eventually - but he'll take a side up. I'd be delighted if Blackpool get promoted on Saturday.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby walmai » Mon May 17, 2010 6:01 pm

SSN 'understands', eh? That old chestnut.

Well, lets hope that they announce the recruitment before the deadline on renewals. If its Allardyce, I can save meself the bother.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 pm

walmai wrote:SSN 'understands', eh? That old chestnut.

Well, lets hope that they announce the recruitment before the deadline on renewals. If its Allardyce, I can save meself the bother.

it cant be him mate...just can't see the logic in that.

Grant could do well at West Ham tho, don't you think?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 6:09 pm

I popped in for my traditional post work can of Irn Bru at Park News in East Ham and the Guy behind the Counter said he had sold Mark Hughes a bag of Wotsits just five minutes before. He apparently just smiled when asked if he was being interviewed for the Job. Shame I missed him.

Big Sam is a solid enough Manager. He bought in some incredible names at Bolton and turned Blackburn around. Sure, it's not pretty - but needs must.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby walmai » Mon May 17, 2010 6:11 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I'd like to think that he would, as much as I'd personally choose Hughes over him.

He's quite the mirror image of outgoing Gianfranco, perhaps. Looks as if he's contemplating suicide, but appears capable of lining up a good team, even from meagre resources.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 6:11 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

How long have you been following Football for, Doomy? Are you telling me that you saw Redknapp going to Spurs and making them Top 4? Did you see Owen Coyle leave Burnley just months in to their debut Premiership season? Did you see Avram Grant go from taking Chelsea to a Champions League Final to managing Pompey at the foot of the table in such a relative short space of time? Football is full of shock moves and you never never know.

Who was talking about Mark Hughes when City sacked Sven?!
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby walmai » Mon May 17, 2010 6:13 pm

btajim wrote:

I popped in for my traditional post work can of Irn Bru at Park News in East Ham and the Guy behind the Counter said he had sold Mark Hughes a bag of Wotsits just five minutes before. He apparently just smiled when asked if he was being interviewed for the Job. Shame I missed him.

Big Sam is a solid enough Manager. He bought in some incredible names at Bolton and turned Blackburn around. Sure, it's not pretty - but needs must.

Needs must not in these circumstances.
I genuinely would sooner have gone down than have to invest in a neck brace.

You can lump BFS in with Pulis. No thanks. Never. Not under any circumstances imaginable.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 6:21 pm

walmai wrote:
btajim wrote:I popped in for my traditional post work can of Irn Bru at Park News in East Ham and the Guy behind the Counter said he had sold Mark Hughes a bag of Wotsits just five minutes before. He apparently just smiled when asked if he was being interviewed for the Job. Shame I missed him.

Needs must not in these circumstances.
I genuinely would sooner have gone down than have to invest in a neck brace.

You can lump BFS in with Pulis. No thanks. Never. Not under any circumstances imaginable.

Beggars can't be choosers. What Pulis has achieved with Stoke City with few resources is incredible - and those Bastards put us out of the FA Cup this season whilst we were planning our trip to Chelsea in the next round.

You'd had a terrible season and were saved by 3 worse sides. Start talking things up when you're not only avoiding relegation by April.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby walmai » Mon May 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Give over, Jim. I don't have to graciously accept any old coach The Goblins might dredge up.

Would you have been happy to see Sam get the job instead of Hughes - i.e. before you did the equivalent of winning the Euro Millions.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm pretty sure Grant will get it.

Walmai, though none of us would relish the chance of witnessing the kind of football Big Sam or Pullis bring with them, they would be guaranteed to keep WH up. GUARANTEED.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby walmai » Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I'm pretty sure Grant will get it.

Walmai, though none of us would relish the chance of witnessing the kind of football Big Sam or Pullis bring with them, they would be guaranteed to keep WH up. GUARANTEED.

I appreciate we've had a pretty dire season, but we're not relegation fodder on a year in, year out basis.
I'd like to think that a team with 7 players headed to South Africa might aim just a smidge higher, tbh.

(OK, two such players are McCarthy and Specs, but you get the drift).
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum