West Ham shortlist for new Manager Gig

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: West Ham shortlist for new Manager Gig

Postby btajim » Tue May 18, 2010 5:56 pm

walmai wrote:Hardly much of a choice, but I'd still have gone for Pearcey.

Word is anyway that Greenback signs tomoz. Meh.

The Massage Parlours in East London can look forwards to some new custom, then.

At the end of the day, Steve Clarke didn't leave West Ham when Zola did - so if he wasn't going to link up with Avram then why didn't he go?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby walmai » Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Because he wasn't sacked, I suppose, and kind of likes earning about £1M p/a?
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 18, 2010 7:31 pm

btajim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
walmai wrote:SSN 'understands', eh? That old chestnut.

Well, lets hope that they announce the recruitment before the deadline on renewals. If its Allardyce, I can save meself the bother.

it cant be him mate...just can't see the logic in that.

Grant could do well at West Ham tho, don't you think?

cheers

How long have you been following Football for, Doomy? Are you telling me that you saw Redknapp going to Spurs and making them Top 4? Did you see Owen Coyle leave Burnley just months in to their debut Premiership season? Did you see Avram Grant go from taking Chelsea to a Champions League Final to managing Pompey at the foot of the table in such a relative short space of time? Football is full of shock moves and you never never know.

Who was talking about Mark Hughes when City sacked Sven?!

6 very short years Jim.

And that has nothing to do with whether Fat Sam seems like a good choice for West Ham. It really would have made about as much sense as us signing Paul Jewell instead of Sven when the owner was looking for a glamour manager to stake a claim to something he could ill afford. West Ham want someone, i would suggest, who has proven that he can field a side on a slight budget, but playing positive, attacking football. Grant checks all those boxes for them i think, and then some. They'd be silly to even consider Hughes over Grant imho. The job Grant's done at Chelsea then Pompey has been top notch. Whoring tendencies aside, i think it would be a really positive thing for the Hammers.

And everyone was talking about Mark Hughes a bit after Sven was sacked, don't you recall? he might not have been the first name in the papers, but it wasn't long after that he was clearly a serious candidate. That's what i recall.

also, http://football365.com/story/0,17033,86 ... 74,00.html

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby btajim » Wed May 19, 2010 7:58 am

walmai wrote:Because he wasn't sacked, I suppose, and kind of likes earning about £1M p/a?

Nearly every new Manager at City has always brought their own Backroom Team in...
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby btajim » Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 am

DoomMerchant wrote:And everyone was talking about Mark Hughes a bit after Sven was sacked, don't you recall? he might not have been the first name in the papers, but it wasn't long after that he was clearly a serious candidate. That's what i recall.

I don't recall that. Sven was sacked with Hughes approached and appointed within days. His name was never mentioned when the news of a bad meeting between Dr Shinawatra and Sven broke through after the defeat to Fulham.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum