Monday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon May 17, 2010 7:01 am

Manchester City prepare £24m offer for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner
Widespread reports this morning indicate that Manchester City are preparing a 24 million pound bid for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner .
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is eager to strengthen after failing to qualify for the Champions League and Milner was hugely impressive for Aston Villa last season.
Fabio Capello has insisted that no England players will be discussing their futures during the World Cup and Manchester City are eager to wrap up a quick deal with Chelsea also poised to bid.
Aston Villa will reportedly hold out for closer to 30 million pounds but chairman Randy Lerner will sanction the sale.
Manager Martin O’Neill is loath to lose one of his best players but he will be given the money to reinvest in the Aston Villa first team squad.
The two clubs were involved in an early transfer last summer when Gareth Barry moved from Aston Villa to Manchester City . Richard Dunne also made the opposite transfer in the summer 2009 window.
Milner made 38 appearances for Aston Villa in the Premier League and in Europe last season, scoring eight goals and providing ten assists. He was excellent in a central role in midfield.

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/j ... an-goddess

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Liverpool are lining up a bid of about £11m for Sampdoria's Italian striker Giampaolo Pazzini as manager Rafa Benitez looks to bring in new attacking options. caughtoffside.com

Benitez is also reportedly interested in bringing talented Sevilla winger Jesus Navas to the club. caughtoffside.com

Liverpool and Aston Villa have joined the race for West Ham striker Carlton Cole after it emerged that the Hammers rejected a £10m bid for the striker from Birmingham. Daily Mirror

Neil Lennon is hoping to be named Celtic's new manager this week - with Crystal Palace's goalscoring midfielder Darren Ambrose his first signing target. Daily Mirror

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish has made an £8m bid for Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia. Daily Mail

Defender Steven Caldwell is preparing to team up with his brother Gary at Wigan after being released by Burnley. Daily Mail

Manchester United are considering a move for Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa this summer with Sir Alex Ferguson known to be an admirer of the 23-year-old French international. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Chelsea keeper Petr Cech has hailed goalkeeping rival David James as England's number one after his performance for Portsmouth in Saturday's FA Cup final. Daily Mirror

Chelsea defender John Terry has set his sights on winning the Treble next season, but says the Wembley pitch, which will host next year's Champions League final, must be improved. Daily Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's B*ll*x

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 17, 2010 7:14 am

I'm going mental, I read that bit about Man Utd as them being interested in Tal Ben Haim for some reason - I nearly spat my breakfast over my monitor.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 7:51 am

City stealing another Villa Midfielder over the Summer?!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 17, 2010 8:31 am

btajim wrote:City stealing another Villa Midfielder over the Summer?!

24 million is hardly stealing. Ten years ago that would've been World Transfer fee record.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Crossie » Mon May 17, 2010 9:04 am

Going to a direct rival too. However we do need a central midfielder, bonus that he can also fill in on the wing.

I remember seeing him playing for ermmm, Newcastle I think, at Eastlands, and he was clearly going to be a great player,. Been around for years too because he started so young
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby ashton287 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:19 am

Crossie wrote:Going to a direct rival too. However we do need a central midfielder, bonus that he can also fill in on the wing.

I remember seeing him playing for ermmm, Newcastle I think, at Eastlands, and he was clearly going to be a great player,. Been around for years too because he started so young

wasnt this transfer mentioned a few months ago and the fella on here who is a villa fan said he isnt that good when you see him week in week out, just alot of hype because of england like barry.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

24 million is hardly stealing. Ten years ago that would've been World Transfer fee record.

I more meant that we're taking another one of their Midfielders by throwing money at both Villa & Milner if the sale were to happen.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 17, 2010 12:41 pm

btajim wrote:

I more meant that we're taking another one of their Midfielders by throwing money at both Villa & Milner if the sale were to happen.

I know what you meant but imo 24 million is ridiculous price for Milner.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 12:51 pm

btajim wrote:I more meant that we're taking another one of their Midfielders by throwing money at both Villa & Milner if the sale were to happen.

It's not your money. It's not my money. Let them spend it.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 17, 2010 1:08 pm

btajim wrote:
btajim wrote:I more meant that we're taking another one of their Midfielders by throwing money at both Villa & Milner if the sale were to happen.

It's not your money. It's not my money. Let them spend it.

But it's Mancini's money (to spend) and I want big chunk of our transfer budget to be spent on proper playmaker.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Mon May 17, 2010 2:58 pm

To be honest the 'it's not my money', 'we are wadded' etc etc type stuff sits very uncomfortably with me ... must be a hangover from when we had hardly 2 buttons to rub together and it's no wonder alot of other footie fans think we've become arrogant like the ragarses .. each to their own of course
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 17, 2010 3:35 pm

I don't mind them blowing fat wads of cash on transfers just so long as there's some kind of long term plan for us to balance the books as far as wages go - just incase ADUG decide to walk away at some (far off) point in the future.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 5:29 pm

btajim wrote:It's not your money. It's not my money. Let them spend it.

But it's Mancini's money (to spend) and I want big chunk of our transfer budget to be spent on proper playmaker.

Who would you suggest to him? I don't know enough about who is available in World Football - but Marc Pugh at Hereford United looked good against Dagenham & Redbridge recently.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 17, 2010 5:38 pm

btajim wrote:

Who would you suggest to him? I don't know enough about who is available in World Football - but Marc Pugh at Hereford U***d looked good against Dagenham & Redbridge recently.

Kaka. And failing that, Gourcuff.
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:Who would you suggest to him? I don't know enough about who is available in World Football - but Marc Pugh at Hereford U***d looked good against Dagenham & Redbridge recently.

Another chase for Kaka? One of the Names will come in for him and he'll walk there to sign for them - but everyone knows Real Madrid will bottle the deal.

Gavin McCallum at Hereford United has recently been called up to the Candian Squad. Saw him get a brace at Home to Lincoln City and there was deffo a Scout watching him. I saw his Neckerchief and Woggle.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:

Who would you suggest to him? I don't know enough about who is available in World Football - but Marc Pugh at Hereford U***d looked good against Dagenham & Redbridge recently.

i think Kaka is a little past it. I'm not kidding. i don't think i'd break the bank for him and put ourselves through that again. If yr even being serious...im not sure about Gourcuff either. Why did Milan let him go so easily?

We need the next Michael Essien, who is he?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum