The Chelsea bus parade

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Chelsea bus parade

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Watching it live on SSN. The atmosphere is unreal.

That WILL be us soon. Can you fucking imagine it??!

Goosebumps.
Original Dub

Re: The Chelsea bus parade

Postby btajim » Sun May 16, 2010 12:57 pm

How long will we be waiting? Chelsea are an ever present Premiership side with Premiership Titles going back to 2004 and they've only just won the double for the first time.

City do a parade for the Carling Cup? The piss taking that will fuel from somewhere just outside of Manchester...
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun May 16, 2010 1:35 pm

btajim wrote:How long will we be waiting? Chelsea are an ever present Premiership side with Premiership Titles going back to 2004 and they've only just won the double for the first time.

City do a parade for the Carling Cup? The piss taking that will fuel from somewhere just outside of Manchester...

Why does this bother anyone?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
btajim wrote:How long will we be waiting? Chelsea are an ever present Premiership side with Premiership Titles going back to 2004 and they've only just won the double for the first time.

I wouldn't actually give a monkey's, I'd have done it for the Youth and Senior Cup ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby btajim » Sun May 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I wouldn't actually give a monkey's, I'd have done it for the Youth and Senior Cup ;-)

Not The Thomas Cook Trophy though?

Tokyo Blue: (I did write "TB" but that's dodgy sounding) City can win ONE Trophy in the next Ten seasons. What would you choose? Europe, Premiership, FA Cup or League Cup? I know which one comes 4th in my book.

A parade to bring the Carling Cup through Manchester? Naff.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Kladze » Sun May 16, 2010 3:13 pm

btajim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Tokyo Blue: (I did write "TB" but that's dodgy sounding) City can win ONE Trophy in the next Ten seasons. What would you choose? Europe, Premiership, FA Cup or League Cup? I know which one comes 4th in my book.

And so speaks the money.

We haven't won an egg cup for 35 years and you're getting choosy about which should be our first trophy?
Arrogant mate :-(
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun May 16, 2010 3:15 pm

if we won the league cup i'd do my own fucking bus parade if the club didn't.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Sun May 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Kladze wrote:
btajim wrote:A parade to bring the Carling Cup through Manchester? Naff.

And so speaks the money.

We haven't won an egg cup for 35 years and you're getting choosy about which should be our first trophy?
Arrogant mate :-(

I'm not arrogant. I feel arrogant is the correct term that would be used for Manchester City parading the Carling Cup through the streets of Manchester.

The FA Cup is the oldest Cup Competition in the World, the Premiership is the best League in Europe and winning anything in Europe is special, too. The Carling Cup falls well below that - although I'd be at the Final in a second and pissed for a week to celebrate lifting it.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun May 16, 2010 3:42 pm

btajim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Does anybody get to choose which cup they win? When a top, top club like Arsenal don't win a sausage for five years, why would anyone think we can pick and choose? You win what you win and you try to win every match as it comes along. There is nothing more to it than that.

If there is a parade for City winning the Carling Cup, I will be there, pissed out of my gourd and crying my eyes out. If and when it happens, I'd be pleased for you to buy me a pint and call me naff should you so desire.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby gillie » Sun May 16, 2010 8:25 pm

I have been a blue for 34 years and counting and all i have seen is ups and fuckin downs if we won the Carling cup i would drive the fuckin bus myself on a parade and would not give 2 fucks what any bastard rag thought.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun May 16, 2010 8:33 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:if we won the league cup i'd do my own fucking bus parade if the club didn't.

This

There's about 40,000 of us who will go on a 2 week drinking bender. The wife already knows to expect my absence as Ill probably be in The Griffin for at least 7 days.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gillie » Sun May 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Tell you what though them Chelsea boys are crap singers.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Does anybody get to choose which cup they win? When a top, top club like Arsenal don't win a sausage for five years, why would anyone think we can pick and choose? You win what you win and you try to win every match as it comes along. There is nothing more to it than that.

If there is a parade for City winning the Carling Cup, I will be there, pissed out of my gourd and crying my eyes out. If and when it happens, I'd be pleased for you to buy me a pint and call me naff should you so desire.

I'll buy you a Bottle of Champagne if City lift a Pot next season.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CitizenYank » Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 am

Next year will be the most important year in the club history. We have been building for a
title and a Top 4 placing since the new regime put their plans in order. We will have the
players that Mancini wants and finally some stability that we have always needed.
2011 will be NOW or never. Like a giant pimple just waiting to be popped.

I honestly believe this.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Mon May 17, 2010 10:42 am

A bit off topic but I laughed my tits off at SKYS hopeless live coverage of this, I tuned on SSN about 9.20 and they had a reporter somewhere near the start of the parade and he was trying to hype it up and he came out with this classic -

"The parade officially starts at 1pm but the crowds at the barriers here are already one deep" Is one deep a crowd or is that a line?

Not a dig as it was heaving later, just makes you wonder what a live reporter and Scott Minto can add to pictures of a small queue and a metal barrier and an otherwise empty street at 9am.
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Return to The Maine Football forum