Say what???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Say what???

Postby Florida Blue » Sun May 16, 2010 1:30 am

This is almost surreal..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278783/Manchester-City-worry-says-Alex-Ferguson.html?ITO=1490

Manchester City worry me now, says Alex Ferguson

By Bob Cass Last updated at 12:06 AM on 16th May 2010

* Comments (0)
* Add to My Stories

Sir Alex Ferguson believes the biggest threat to Manchester United's chances of landing a record-breaking 19th Premier League title next season could come on their doorstep.

The United manager, who correctly predicted last summer that Manchester City would not finish in the top four, is now anticipating a fiercer challenge from his neighbours.
Alex Ferguson

Feeling threatened: Alex Ferguson on the touchline during the Manchester derby

'They will be a lot stronger this time,' he said. 'With the experience of last year behind them they'll be better equipped to go for the title because they will spend big money again.

'Winning the title is going to be more difficult for anybody. This time it's been ourselves and Chelsea and Arsenal for a period, but I think we can all hear the horses' hooves galloping closer.

'In addition to City, I'm expecting Tottenham to be in the mix as well. 'I suppose the neutrals will welcome a situation where the competition is spread further as being good for the game.

'Of course I'm disappointed we didn't quite get there this season, but that doesn't mean we'll be making wholesale changes.

'I believe we are well placed to make another challenge next season. We have brought in some young players over the past couple of seasons and they're going to be a lot better this time. We also have tremendous experience in the side.

'I'd like to make a couple of signings, but the market is very narrow. There will be a few clubs trying the buy the same players and we all can't get what we want.'
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Say what???

Postby halnone » Sun May 16, 2010 2:05 am

oh how the times change...
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:07 am

I read this earlier on, i think he's just getting it out there that we're going to be a threat now so if he fuck's up next season he can use it as an excuse ie 'Well Spurs and City are a lot stronger blah blah blah.'

But he's right we will be right up there next season with a couple of great signings imo.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john68 » Sun May 16, 2010 4:51 am

Florida Blue wrote:This is almost surreal..

Just thought I'd translate this from the Scottish to a language you'd more easily understand Bryan.

Feeling threatened: Alex Ferguson on the touchline during the Manchester derby.
"Oh Fuck...I never thought they were this good...and we can't afford to bend the ref next season"

'They will be a lot stronger this time,' he said. 'With the experience of last year behind them they'll be better equipped to go for the title because they will spend big money again.
City will fuckin muller my rag team of shite and old men next season...We're fucked.

'Winning the title is going to be more difficult for anybody. This time it's been ourselves and Chelsea and Arsenal for a period, but I think we can all hear the horses' hooves galloping closer.
"We haven't a cat in hells chance of competing wth City next season"..."I have a constant banging noise in my head"

'In addition to City, I'm expecting Tottenham to be in the mix as well. 'I suppose the neutrals will welcome a situation where the competition is spread further as being good for the game.
"City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs will all finish higher than us next season"..."We will be a laughing stock...Everyone hates us"

'Of course I'm disappointed we didn't quite get there this season, but that doesn't mean we'll be making wholesale changes.
"I was gutted we were shit and with no money I'm fucked"

'I believe we are well placed to make another challenge next season. We have brought in some young players over the past couple of seasons and they're going to be a lot better this time. We also have tremendous experience in the side.
"We should avoid relegation next season"..."Our team will be full of young kids and old men"

'I'd like to make a couple of signings, but the market is very narrow. There will be a few clubs trying the buy the same players and we all can't get what we want.'
"We're skint and will probably sell Vidic and Rooney"
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby gillie » Sun May 16, 2010 8:40 pm

john68 wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:This is almost surreal..

Just thought I'd translate this from the Scottish to a language you'd more easily understand Bryan.

Feeling threatened: Alex Ferguson on the touchline during the Manchester derby.
"Oh Fuck...I never thought they were this good...and we can't afford to bend the ref next season"

City will fuckin muller my rag team of shite and old men next season...We're fucked.

"We haven't a cat in hells chance of competing wth City next season"..."I have a constant banging noise in my head"

"City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs will all finish higher than us next season"..."We will be a laughing stock...Everyone hates us"

"I was gutted we were shit and with no money I'm fucked"

"We should avoid relegation next season"..."Our team will be full of young kids and old men"

"We're skint and will probably sell Vidic and Rooney"

PMSL fuckin quality old man.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Think we need to actually beat them, win something and finish above them before we can start crowing tbh.

Whatever ferguson says interests me very little. What I do care about is what we are going to do in the next 3 months to make up the 5 pts we need to crack the top 4, and find players who can grow a pair and win big games.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Mon May 17, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon May 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Doesn't say we worry him anywhere there??? or am I missing it?

Furguson will not be worried by us or anybody, he's too much of an arrogant cunt to be worried.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Chinners » Mon May 17, 2010 12:22 pm

"The Fear" is getting stronger I reckon ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Slim » Mon May 17, 2010 1:05 pm

What, does he fear we won't take 6 points off their main tital rivals and gift them 6 points next season? I am sure he is shaking in his boots over that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum