Nedum on soccer AM

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nedum on soccer AM

Postby Slim » Mon May 17, 2010 11:01 am

Mancini claims he wasn't ready, Doug said he wasn't ready, Ned seems to be the only one who thinks he was ready. (Not that I saw that bit on the video)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon May 17, 2010 12:12 pm

After watching just now it reminded me a lot of the Elano interview he gave Sky about Hughes.
"I am keeping myself fit, training well, I just don't think the manager likes me." Basically just spitting his dummy out.

Ultimately that was the beginning of the end for Elano.

See you around Nedum.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 17, 2010 12:13 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as i am concerned.

What players actually like mancini, this is the type of bullshit that cannot go on every year. So what has mancini got to do know, get rid of everyone, buy a new squad and let it settle for a year, for fucks sake.

as most on here have been saying, Ned is a smart lad and would not put himself in such a position. i think he already knows he is gone. Stupid airing it on Soccer AM but we dont know whats going on behind the scenes, the players do and lately none of them are coming out with favourable comments.

This is also going to put alot of players off coming to city, we are not a CL club yet and we cannot attract the best in europe yet. We need a few players, similar to the quality we have now, to make that step up, but who is going to want to sign for city and then be cast aside when we reach the CL

They don't need to fucking like him. They just need to play well for him and for themselves and first and foremost for the supporters. That's what so fucking stupid about this outburst. "Boohoo my bezzie mates Stevo and Shaunie aren't getting games". Now I'm a fucking giant fan of all three but they need to fucking buckle up and raise to the challenge of better players coming into the club. They anyway got a head start on them with supporters having much more time for them and show more support than to any newcomer.

Players are there to play and obey manager. For better or for worse. That's the structure of a football club. Here Nedum is making claims that Lescott should've played (why the fuck would Mancini bench him if he was fully fit), Ireland should've played (when he played he showed nothing like the form you expect from a starter) and so on. NEDUM IS NOT THE FUCKING MANAGER. He should concetrate on being fit and doing his own job. If he wants to go to management and decide about these things then he is free to do so. But we pay him to play for us, not to manage us. And anyway, even if he is leaving that is a fucking CHEAP parting shot to club that has in reality given him so much.

they DO need to like and more importantly respect the manager, like in every work place, teams that respect each other and their superiors will get better results. Ned is obviously disillisioned at what is going on at the club and i'd say he is not the only player. letting the likes of Ned, Micah, Stevie, SWP go will come back to bite us in the arse, all homegrown, talented players.

Why did Lescott not play? i dont know but Ned seems sure that he was fit enough. He even mentioned how Harry was pushing all his players for the WC and mancini held Lescott back. Harry seems to have the utmost respect for his players and they are obviously made feel thay are the best in the world, what does mancini do, tell the world that stevie is mental, appartently holds back lescott from playing in the WC and 3 days before our biggest game of the season, again tells the media that city need to buy a load of top stars next year (because this current group are so shit)

There needs to be mutual respect between the players and the management.

You always get this kind of thing with players who are out of favour or players who preferred the last manager to the new one. The same thing happens with members of staff etc. City have ended up with not just 5th columns but 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th & 10th columns over the years because of the sackings. It seems to me that it's been fairly mild so far in Mancini's case. It will be unfortunate if some players have to leave but if you appoint a manager you have to back him. We'll find out next season if it all settles down once the wheeling & dealing finishes.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby btajim » Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 pm

MaseCTID wrote:After watching just now it reminded me a lot of the Elano interview he gave Sky about Hughes.
"I am keeping myself fit, training well, I just don't think the manager likes me." Basically just spitting his dummy out.

See you around Nedum.

Who takes on the Manager and comes out smelling of Roses?

I wouldn't have put Onuoha at the top of a "likely to do this" list. I wouldn't have put him in the top 10. He's been at City for years. It seems so... unexpected.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Mase » Mon May 17, 2010 12:58 pm

btajim wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:After watching just now it reminded me a lot of the Elano interview he gave Sky about Hughes.

See you around Nedum.

Who takes on the Manager and comes out smelling of Roses?

I wouldn't have put Onuoha at the top of a "likely to do this" list. I wouldn't have put him in the top 10. He's been at City for years. It seems so... unexpected.

Exactly. Ask Jaap, Ruud, Becks, etc what happened to them when they tried.
I used to actually think Ned was a quiet and shy lad who wouldn't say boo to a goose. But after watching him on Soccer AM he actually comes across as a bit of a 'jack the lad' type. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that at all, he's young and rich so fair enough. But I definitely didn't think he was the type.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 17, 2010 1:03 pm

This also says lot about how times have changed. Back in the day when player wasn't getting games, he would go and knock managers door. If after talking to gaffer nothing changed, then they'd just slap the transfer request and got their move. However, the way footballers are these days, they don't want to put in transfer request as it'd mean giving up rest of their contract. If the club sells a player who hasn't asked for a transfer, they are obliged to pay remaining of his contract.

Any which way, only ten short years ago it was almost unheard of player to go in media and talk shit about club and manager and NOT slap in transfer request. Certainly not player of Nedum's status.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Curlie » Mon May 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Anyone heard any reaction from Ned, on the reaction from fans, to his reaction to "not being liked" by Mancini?
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Curlie wrote:Anyone heard any reaction from Ned, on the reaction from fans, to his reaction to "not being liked" by Mancini?

I don't know how best to react to that question.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Curlie wrote:Anyone heard any reaction from Ned, on the reaction from fans, to his reaction to "not being liked" by Mancini?

Very odd reaction. Seriously.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby brite blu sky » Mon May 17, 2010 3:42 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Cheers

Serious reaction reaction to the very odd reaction
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carolina-blue » Mon May 17, 2010 4:11 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Cheers

Serious reaction reaction to the very odd reaction

An over reaction to an action thats going to get a reaction from the action IMO.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum