How's does 39 fit into 25??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How's does 39 fit into 25??

Postby Blue Blood » Fri May 14, 2010 9:52 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Here's my squad based upon current playing staff

Shay Given (IRL)
Joe Hart (ENG)
Stuart Taylor (ENG)

Joleon Lescott (ENG)
Wayne Bridge (ENG)
[highlight]Javier Garrido (ESP)[/highlight]
Nedum Onuoha (ENG)
Dedryck Boyata (BEL)
Micah Richards (ENG)
[highlight]Kolo Toure (CIV)
Pablo Zabaleta (ARG)[/highlight]
Vincent Kompany (BEL)

Adam Johnson (ENG)
Gareth Barry (ENG)
Michael Johnson (ENG)
[highlight]Nigel de Jong (NED)[/highlight]
Stephen Ireland (IRL)
Shaun Wright-Phillips (ENG)
Vladimir Weiss (SVK)

[highlight]Emmanuel Adebayor (TGO)[/highlight]
Craig Bellamy (WAL)
[highlight]Roque Santa Cruz (PRY)
Carlos Tevez (ARG)[/highlight]

Leaving 2 spaces for new players. Highlighted players are over 21 and not homegrown

I think spanish gaz will go this summer, possibly rocky too... hmm certainly makes buying english more important though. English players are gonna be worth a mint this summer!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri May 14, 2010 9:53 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
It's clear some players will have to go, homegrown or not.

Especially when Mancini has been talking about signing players (plural) - we could see a few going out the door to be honest.

True, having 16 players who qualify as home-grown in my selected squad is pretty good going. The likes of Richards, Ireland, SWP and Nedum will be in demand from other premier league teams this window.

It means we can sign pretty much who we like, homegrown or not, so if we had made the chump's league we could have brought in a number of foreign stars etc. Absolutely brilliant planning re squad building, leaving us in good shape either way. Imo Mancini needs to try & stick to that plan & not buy a lot of players from abroad unless they're future chump's lg quality.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 14, 2010 9:54 am

Patrick wrote:I wonder how this will also impact on forced sales and restrictions on new signings

Also wouldnt this contravene european employment laws?

Im quite surprised that it's 'home grown' and not EU, but I think they can pretty much do what they want - the Prem clubs have to vote on changes as far as I remember (since they are share holders) so it's not like it's been dropped on them out of the blue.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue Blood » Fri May 14, 2010 10:00 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
The Premier League will introduce a new quota system from next season which will order clubs to have a 25-man squad limit and no more than 17 players can be over the age of 21 and not home-grown.

It's going to be tough getting our squad down to 25 players for next season!

Goalkeepers
• Shay Given (IRL)............................Home-grown...................Over 21
• Joe Hart * (ENG)............................Homegrown..............Over 21
• Stuart Taylor (ENG)........................Home-grown..............Over 21

Defenders
• Dedryck Boyata (BEL)......................Home-grown.............Under 21
• Joleon Lescott (ENG) ......................Home-grown..............Over 21
• Wayne Bridge (ENG)........................Home-grown..............Over 21
• Nedum Onuoha (ENG)......................Home-grown..............Over 21
• Micah Richards (ENG)......................Home-grown..............Over 21
[highlight]• Kolo Toure (CIV).............................Foreign...................Over 21
• Pablo Zabaleta (ARG).........................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]

Midfielders
• Abdisalam Ibrahim (NOR)..........................Home-grown..............Under 21
• Adam Johnson (ENG) ..........................Home-grown..............Over 21
• Gareth Barry (ENG) .............................Home-grown..............Over 21
[highlight]• Nigel de Jong (NED).............................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]
• Michael Johnson (ENG) ..........................Home-grown..............Over 21
[highlight]• Vincent Kompany (BEL) .............................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]
• Vladimir Weiss* (SVK) ...........................Home-grown..............Is 21

Strikers
[highlight]• Emmanuel Adebayor (TGO) .............................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]
• Craig Bellamy (WAL) .............................Home-grown...................Over 21
• Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely (ENG) .............................Home-grown..............Under 21
• Roque Santa Cruz (PRY) .............................Foreign...................Over 21
• Carlos Tevez (ARG) .............................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]

This is my squad for the coming season without new signings.

The main thing to remember is we only need 8 homegrown players, the rest can be from anywhere.

It's actually easy for us to do when you think about it!

Does make you wonder though given the new restrictions if bobby is about to wield the axe big time. I could even see micah, ned, vlad and taylor going from my already cut down list!

I've a feeling we are gonna be crazy busy this summer!
Last edited by Blue Blood on Fri May 14, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri May 14, 2010 10:03 am

Dameerto wrote:
Patrick wrote:I wonder how this will also impact on forced sales and restrictions on new signings

Also wouldnt this contravene european employment laws?

Im quite surprised that it's 'home grown' and not EU, but I think they can pretty much do what they want - the Prem clubs have to vote on changes as far as I remember (since they are share holders) so it's not like it's been dropped on them out of the blue.

The Prem chairmen apparently voted it in. It was probably to ward off an attack from the Blattinis. They would have tried to cripple the PL with ridiculous legislation if our people hadn't taken action first.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Fri May 14, 2010 10:11 am

Seems that we might be getting rid of 16 players

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ity_revamp
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john@staustell » Fri May 14, 2010 10:12 am

Blue Blood wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:
The Premier League will introduce a new quota system from next season which will order clubs to have a 25-man squad limit and no more than 17 players can be over the age of 21 and not home-grown.

It's going to be tough getting our squad down to 25 players for next season!

Goalkeepers
• Shay Given (IRL)............................Home-grown...................Over 21
• Joe Hart * (ENG)............................Homegrown..............Over 21
• Stuart Taylor (ENG)........................Home-grown..............Over 21

Defenders
• Dedryck Boyata (BEL)......................Home-grown.............Under 21
• Joleon Lescott (ENG) ......................Home-grown..............Over 21
• Wayne Bridge (ENG)........................Home-grown..............Over 21
• Nedum Onuoha (ENG)......................Home-grown..............Over 21
• Micah Richards (ENG)......................Home-grown..............Over 21
[highlight]• Kolo Toure (CIV).............................Foreign...................Over 21
• Pablo Zabaleta (ARG).........................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]

Midfielders
• Abdisalam Ibrahim (NOR)..........................Home-grown..............Under 21
• Adam Johnson (ENG) ..........................Home-grown..............Over 21
• Gareth Barry (ENG) .............................Home-grown..............Over 21
[highlight]• Nigel de Jong (NED).............................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]
• Michael Johnson (ENG) ..........................Home-grown..............Over 21
[highlight]• Vincent Kompany (BEL) .............................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]
• Vladimir Weiss* (SVK) ...........................Home-grown..............Is 21

Strikers
[highlight]• Emmanuel Adebayor (TGO) .............................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]
• Craig Bellamy (WAL) .............................Home-grown...................Over 21
• Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely (ENG) .............................Home-grown..............Under 21
• Roque Santa Cruz (PRY) .............................Foreign...................Over 21
• Carlos Tevez (ARG) .............................Foreign...................Over 21[/highlight]

This is my squad for the coming season without new signings.

The main thing to remember is we only need 8 homegrown players, the rest can be from anywhere.

It's actually easy for us to do when you think about it!

Does make you wonder though given the new restrictions if bobby is about to wield the axe big time. I could even see micah, ned, vlad and taylor going from my already cut down list!

I've a feeling we are gonna be crazy busy this summer
!

The MUEN would seem to agree:

Manchester City are set to shed up to 16 players as they prepare for a summer revamp.

Blues boss Roberto Mancini met club owner Sheikh Mansour for the first time on Wednesday after flying to Abu Dhabi for a summit meeting.

But the full scope of the cull will not become clear until City have completed their incoming transfers.

The Blues are close to completing a deal with £11m Hamburg defender Jerome Boateng, are pondering a bid for Benfica utility man David Luiz, and are preparing one big marquee signing - thought to be Liverpool's Spanish ace Fernando Torres.

They also have irons in the fire for two young Serie A stars, one of them likely to be Napoli playmaker Marek Hamsik.

Already earmarked for departure are strikers Benjani, Valeri Bojinov, Felipe Caicedo, Kelvin Etuhu and Jo, who all spent all or part of last season out on loan.

They are likely to be joined by Martin Petrov, who missed the last three months of the season with a knee injury after enjoying a brief revival in fortune under new Mancini.

Academy products Stevie Ireland, Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards, Vladimir Weiss and Shaun Wright-Phillips have all come under scrutiny during the Abu Dhabi meeting, while the futures of Craig Bellamy, Robinho, Sylvinho and Patrick Vieira have also been discussed.

Other clubs are already circling the possible leavers, with Ireland, Onuoha and Richards attracting plenty of interest.

Aston Villa and Sunderland have designs on Onuoha, Spurs and Everton fancy Richards, and Arsenal are showing an interest in Ireland.

But City are wary of allowing home-grown products to go too easily, because they see the Academy as a key part of the club's structure.

There is also a fear that releasing players of that potential could come back to hurt them, and that will also enter their thinking on Weiss, whose exploits with Slovakia in the World Cup finals will be closely monitored.

Dunne deal

The Blues were bitten this year with Richard Dunne - although hardly a youngster - having a fine season at his new club Aston Villa.

And they also lived to regret the decision to allow Joe Hart out on loan for a season at Birmingham, as they were unable to recall him when Shay Given dislocated his shoulder at a crucial phase of the season.

They are conscious of the fact that they need to be even more circumspect next season, with a big increase in fixtures should they qualify for the group stage of the Europa League, which means a need for a larger first-team squad.

Bellamy is another player with a question mark over his head, and who is also attracting the interest of Tottenham.

He will also be targeted by Cardiff City, his hometown club, if they can beat Blackpool in next week's Championship play-off final at Wembley.

He has already clashed with Mancini over the best way to handle his long-standing knee problems, and while Mancini says it is a "farce" to suggest he has a problem with the player, Bellamy is not enthusiastic about City's management team.

Wright-Phillips is another whose future is in limbo. He asked for a pay rise to bring him into line with players who joined on inflated salaries after the Abu Dhabi takeover, but he turned down an improved offer.

Sylvinho and Vieira may be offered new one-year deals.

Mancini has returned to Italy to spend some time with his family, who are due to move to Manchester in September.

Chief executive Garry Cook, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and football administrator Brian Marwood are still in the emirate, thrashing out details of the Blues' strategy for the summer and beyond.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri May 14, 2010 10:13 am

Ok, could someone clear few things. First of all, what is homegrown in this instance? Trained by club or in England? Also, doesn't it say that 8 players have to be under 21 AND, rather than or, homegrown?

Oh and Patrick's question is very valid as well. Completely against EU employment principles.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 14, 2010 10:20 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok, could someone clear few things. First of all, what is homegrown in this instance? Trained by club or in England? Also, doesn't it say that 8 players have to be under 21 AND, rather than or, homegrown?

Oh and Patrick's question is very valid as well. Completely against EU employment principles.

Homegrown in this instance means being on the books of an 'English' (or English-Welsh) club for three years before turning 22 - concerning players under 21 they dont count to the squad total under this new system and can be played without registering
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby irblinx » Fri May 14, 2010 10:29 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Oh and Patrick's question is very valid as well. Completely against EU employment principles.

Competitions like the Champions League already operate within similar constraints, I think it is something to do with it being a competition and therefore being able to set it's own rules. I'm not sure if anyone has ever tried to challenge it though as I totally agree that it smacks of restrictive labour practices
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby DunneyMonster » Fri May 14, 2010 10:36 am

This was confusing me but this what I understand from all the various stuff I have read.

You name a squad of 25 players who are over the age of 21. 8 of these players should be 'homegrown' i.e. with an English club for three years up the age of 21 (Bellamy, Hart, Onuoha etc)

You also have an unlimited squad of U-21 Players to pick from i.e. Boyota, Nimley, Ibrahim etc.
DunneyMonster
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!

Postby Beeks » Fri May 14, 2010 11:00 am

Svensational wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Seems that we might be getting rid of 16 players

That sounds like a revamp in general and not because of this new ruling doesnt it?

Yeah I think Bobbys just seperating the wheat from the chaff and getting his own players in...should be an interesting window to say the least!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby kinkylola » Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

4 players ahve to be club grown

8 have to be home grown (trained in england for 3 years prior to being 21) (18-21 would be the oldest possible time frame)

club grown players count for both requirements.

if they are under 21 on the last day of registration, they do not have to be registered to be able to play in any FA competition.

You have to remain within those guidelines while picking a max 25 man squad.

Ideally you would not register any youngsters and still be able to meet quota ... which I believe we could do? thereby leaving as many possible slots open for imports into the first team.

FM lays it out pretty clearly
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Fri May 14, 2010 1:45 pm

kinkylola wrote:4 players ahve to be club grown

8 have to be home grown (trained in england for 3 years prior to being 21) (18-21 would be the oldest possible time frame)

club grown players count for both requirements.

if they are under 21 on the last day of registration, they do not have to be registered to be able to play in any FA competition.

You have to remain within those guidelines while picking a max 25 man squad.

Ideally you would not register any youngsters and still be able to meet quota ... which I believe we could do? thereby leaving as many possible slots open for imports into the first team.

FM lays it out pretty clearly

I think you'll find that has changed to 5 and 9 next season I believe, they were supposed to be 5 and 10 but I think they are easing us into it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Fri May 14, 2010 8:32 pm

My question on this is who will this new legislation impact on the most in the prem do you think?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dazby » Sat May 15, 2010 8:20 am

I think the rules are brilliant. For so long we have been taking the piss out of clubs that have no locals in the team. This addresses the issue.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Sat May 15, 2010 8:28 am

dazby wrote:I think the rules are brilliant. For so long we have been taking the piss out of clubs that have no locals in the team. This addresses the issue.

Close, but no.

All this means is a concerted effort on the top clubs to rape and pillage the academies all over the world to get the talent in at younger ages. It will have an impact on the top level(in as much as the English game can) in that Chelsea, Filth, Arsenal, Liverpool, City and Tottenham will cast a wider net and take chances on a larger number of young players, in some cases stunting their development as opportunities for competitive play becomes limited.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 15, 2010 8:37 am

Slim wrote:
dazby wrote:I think the rules are brilliant. For so long we have been taking the piss out of clubs that have no locals in the team. This addresses the issue.

Close, but no.

All this means is a concerted effort on the top clubs to rape and pillage the academies all over the world to get the talent in at younger ages. It will have an impact on the top level(in as much as the English game can) in that Chelsea, Filth, Arsenal, Liverpool, City and Tottenham will cast a wider net and take chances on a larger number of young players, in some cases stunting their development as opportunities for competitive play becomes limited.

Very true mate, and I suppose this is why the club moved Jim Cassell (with Hughes' help of course) into his new role and earmarked the reported 500 million for the worldwide Academy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Rag_hater » Sat May 15, 2010 10:07 am

Sounds unworkable to me.
I would think if it presented a real danger then the clubs would be entitled to take the authorites to court.
And I think that if they did manage to enforce it that 25 is the begining of the negotiations and the number will be increased.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 15, 2010 11:09 am

Rag_hater wrote:Sounds unworkable to me.
I would think if it presented a real danger then the clubs would be entitled to take the authorites to court.
And I think that if they did manage to enforce it that 25 is the begining of the negotiations and the number will be increased.

always with the court talk mr hater.

Lets sue every cunt :)
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum