City coming to Baltimore this summer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City coming to Baltimore this summer

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed May 12, 2010 9:35 pm

One of the guys from my indoor team just told me that this coming Monday Baltimore organizers will announce that Inter Milan will play Manchester City on July 31st at M&T Bank Stadium.

kinkylola and any other Baltimore/DC area blues, you going?
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Re: City coming to Baltimore this summer

Postby halnone » Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 pm

im definitely going
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby kinkylola » Thu May 13, 2010 1:47 am

i just fucking moved to Taiwan for my company.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BmoreBlue » Thu May 13, 2010 1:59 am

kinkylola wrote:i just fucking moved to Taiwan for my company.

are you serious? you get any leave or anything? how long are you there for? and what the crap do you do for a living that has you in taiwan?
BmoreBlue

Postby kinkylola » Thu May 13, 2010 2:37 am

im doing business dev for asia/the persian gulf for an industrial minerals company ... big business in asia, so they sent me here.

I do get leave, but I have a lot of projects going on right now, so there is like 5% chance I'll be back when that happens. and I am pissed off.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CitizenYank » Thu May 13, 2010 2:43 am

Yeah, I read an article that Man City is playing a few exhibition games
on the Right Coast; Baltimore and Atlanta seem to be the places tossed around.

I don't see why they don't add a few more dates: Gary Cook used to work
in Portland with Nike and I am sure he has good connections in the area.

With the MLS expanding to Portland and Vancouver: it would be a great public relations
opportunity, or at least to Seattle. They have a really good attendance up at Qwest Field.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 13, 2010 1:10 pm

CitizenYank wrote:Yeah, I read an article that Man City is playing a few exhibition games
on the Right Coast; Baltimore and Atlanta seem to be the places tossed around.

I don't see why they don't add a few more dates: Gary Cook used to work
in Portland with Nike and I am sure he has good connections in the area.

With the MLS expanding to Portland and Vancouver: it would be a great public relations
opportunity, or at least to Seattle. They have a really good attendance up at Qwest Field.

Portland it is then;

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/American-Pre ... on-US-tour

The Blues will kick off their summer tour of America in Portland, Oregon with a match against the Portland Timbers and a nine-day training camp at the world headquarters of Official Club partner-Umbro's parent company, NIKE, Inc.
he team and coaching staff will begin training on July 13 at the NIKE, Inc. campus in Beaverton, just outside of Portland, prior to leaving for their tour of the East Coast.

Manchester City Manager Roberto Mancini said:

"It is vital that we begin our pre season preparations in the right way and so we're very excited about kicking off our tour at Nike’s Campus.

Not only is Nike’s excellence in sport, research and product development world renowned, but in their Portland campus they have some of the finest training facilities in America. It is a real privilege to have been invited there and our whole club will benefit from the experience.

"We are looking forward to playing the Timbers as the first of our pre season matches and we are delighted to be calling Portland our home for the week. "

"Bringing the team here is yet another demonstration of how Umbro’s partnership with Manchester City is thriving,” said Eunan McLaughlin, Nike Affiliates President. "It will be a pleasure to open up our facilities to City’s squad and back room team.”

Countless athletes have visited Nike’s design teams and the Nike Sports Research Lab where staff members test the biomechanics and physiology of athlete interaction with product. The campus features three full-size football pitches, two health clubs and an 11-lane swimming pool.

The first game of the US tour against the Portland Timbers will be an exhibition match at Merlo Field on the University of Portland campus. Timbers currently play in the USSF Division-2 Pro League, but they will become the latest team to join the MLS when the 2011 campaign begins.

City recently announced its involvement in the inaugural New York Football Challenge, where the team will take part alongside MLS side New York Red Bulls, Premier League rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon. The training sessions at NIKE, Inc. and the match against the Portland Timbers will provide the players some sharpness after the summer break
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby andeez nutz » Thu May 13, 2010 2:36 pm

after seeing the july 22ish dates, i was afraid of this..

july 31 is my birthday, but i have a wedding to attend..
i would definitely roast that game hard...

but looks like it will just be the NY/NJ games for me.
andeez nutz
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: johnson

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu May 13, 2010 4:15 pm

roberto mancini wrote:"It is vital that we begin our pre season preparations in the right way and so we're very excited about kicking off our tour at Nike’s Campus.

Not only is Nike’s excellence in sport, research and product development world renowned, but in their Portland campus they have some of the finest training facilities in America. It is a real privilege to have been invited there and our whole club will benefit from the experience.

"We are looking forward to playing the Timbers as the first of our pre season matches and we are delighted to be calling Portland our home for the week. "

"Bringing the team here is yet another demonstration of how Umbro’s partnership with Manchester City is thriving,” said Eunan McLaughlin, Nike Affiliates President. "It will be a pleasure to open up our facilities to City’s squad and back room team.”

I bet he fuckin didn't say that.

Hope all you Americans and Canadians etc over there thoroughly enjoy it.

@ Kinkylola - I know how you feel.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby shawzy » Thu May 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Portland has also been added..Links here.

http://www.epltalk.com/manchester-city- ... PL+Talk%29
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby carolina-blue » Thu May 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Great News they are coming to Atlanta Only a 4 h/r drive for me , Deffo going to Try and make the NY trip as well . Cant believe Bolton are coming to Charlotte though !!!!!
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BmoreBlue » Fri May 21, 2010 2:35 pm

it's official finally - news was delayed a few days

on the OS as well as the Baltimore Sun
BmoreBlue

Postby Kyle » Fri May 21, 2010 2:48 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:it's official finally - news was delayed a few days

on the OS as well as the Baltimore Sun

Yes! I'm totally at this one. I was pissed cause I can't make it to NY but at least I get to see one great game!
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Anyone else think it's ridiculous we're playing to the old us of a? They're not intelligent enough to understand football and just want to watch half time entertainment. City could just send 11 of us to play the games - they'd be no wiser. Complete, uneducated, fat slobs.

Am i risking friendly fire?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri May 21, 2010 7:10 pm

A great oppurtunity for us to impress against one of the best sides in the world! Will be a good chance for the lads to show off what they can do and maybe a chance for some of the younger ones too too maybe get some valuable time on the pitch playing against some of the greatest players in the world!
Blueboylewis

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby eastlandsblue » Fri May 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Anyone else think it's ridiculous we're playing to the old us of a? They're not intelligent enough to understand football and just want to watch half time entertainment. City could just send 11 of us to play the games - they'd be no wiser. Complete, uneducated, fat slobs.

I know its stating the obvious. but the games in the USA, are about spreading our name across the states. It would be very unwise to send a poor side, that gets hammered by a poor stateside team.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:33 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:Anyone else think it's ridiculous we're playing to the old us of a? They're not intelligent enough to understand football and just want to watch half time entertainment. City could just send 11 of us to play the games - they'd be no wiser. Complete, uneducated, fat slobs.

I know its stating the obvious. but the games in the USA, are about spreading our name across the states. It would be very unwise to send a poor side, that gets hammered by a poor stateside team.

If we want to spread our name, take cheerleaders and hand out hot dogs. Pele played there and they still couldn't get their head round it.

All joking aside, I think trying to build a brand in the US really is a waste of time, as they don't take soccer seriously. If we want to make money, places like India and China are far more important. Let's get Sun Jihai back quick.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:

K
If we want to spread our name, take cheerleaders and hand out hot dogs. Pele played there and they still couldn't get their head round it.

All joking aside, I think trying to build a brand in the US really is a waste of time, as they don't take soccer seriously. If we want to make money, places like India and China are far more important. Let's get Sun Jihai back quick.

I agree with you. As i go on tour with city this summer i'll let cookie and co know what a massive massive fucl up it is to bring them here. He bottled it. Plain and simple.

Oh and i shaved my nuts for you so that as you lick them they are as smooth as can be. Thank me later.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby BmoreBlue » Fri May 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:

i can't tell if this is a joke or just a post made in poor taste by an england-centric goof.

also, pretty sure sun jihai is neither indian or chinese.

cheers.
BmoreBlue

Postby Kyle » Fri May 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:

We sold out all the really big stadiums here when the european teams came last summer for friendlies, so its not that we don't take it seriously. We just don't have the quality.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum