Higuaín

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Higuaín

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 10, 2010 9:15 am

This fella anyone? From AS today. Not sure I follow the logic of selling your best striker to buy other players, but it would be typical of mindless Madrid!

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbo ... ftb_18/Tes

Higuaín could follow in the footsteps of Robben and Sneider

Gonzalo Higuaín is for sale. madrid haven't improved their contract offer and the Argentinian's camp consider that this stance demonstrates that the intention of the club is to sell El Pipita this summer. Higuaín's priority is to stay at Madrid, but he notes that the club prefer to sell him. On Saturday he spoke in passing after the match: "The people know that I have given everything for this club. If only I could carry on, but it's not certain."

The possible sale of Higuaín hasn't gone un-noticed among the greats of Europe, who have sounded out his advisers about the possibility of signing him, but at no time have his agents negotiated with another club behind Madrid's back.

Chelsea, Manchester City y Manchester United are interested in signing Higuaín if Real, as seems likely, decide to put him on the market. And he can also count on offers from Italy, according to sources close to the player.

Those close to El Pipita consider that the whites have prepared the ground for a sale. First stalling the contract improvement negotiations and then staging big debates every time he misses a goal. The player's intention is to stay, but he sees his case similar to those of Robben and Sneider and believes that the club thinks they can fill their coffers from his sale in order to finance new reinforcements. At the start of the season, Higuaín turned down an offer from Zenit which would have tripled his pay. Convinced of his abilities, he stayed playing as the reserve striker and ended up being first choice, forming with Ronaldo one of the best attacking partnerships in the world.

Higuaín remains convinced of his abilities and it doesn't bother him having competition for the top spot, but he doesn't understand, according to those around him, why Madrid have stopped his contract negotiations, as he is paid very poorly considering his performances and goals. He doesn't want to compare himself with team mates, but considers it an injustice to be paid 3 times less than players who haven't achieved his goals.

From Madrid there is no official recognition of a desire to sell Higuaín, just like there wasn't last summer with Robben and Sneider. The reason to sell him is because he's the player for whom they could get most money to reinvest in new signings. The deciding fixture of La Liga is still to be played, and then there's the World Cup, but it's the future of Higuaín that will monopolise attention in Madrid this summer, together with the new signings that arrive. Higuaín wants to stay, but knows that they want to sell him.

Gonzalo Higuaín está en el mercado. El Madrid no ha avanzado en su oferta de mejora de contrato y en el entorno del argentino consideran que ese plante demuestra que la intención del club es traspasar al Pipita este verano. La prioridad de Higuaín es quedarse en el Madrid, pero nota que el club prefiere traspasarlo. El sábado, incluso, habló en pasado tras el partido: "La gente sabe que lo he dado todo por este club. Ojalá siga, pero no está cerrado".

El rendimiento de Higuaín no ha pasado desapercibido entre los grandes de Europa, que han sondeado a su entorno la posibilidad de contratarlo, pero en ningún momento los agentes del delantero han negociado a espaldas del Madrid con otro club.

Chelsea, Manchester City y Manchester United están interesados en contratar a Higuaín si el Madrid, como parece, decide ponerlo en el mercado. Y también cuenta con ofertas de Italia, según fuentes cercanas al jugador.

El entorno del Pipita considera que el conjunto blanco ha preparado el camino para venderle. Primero frenando la negociación de la mejora de contrato que le había ofrecido y después montando debates permanentes cada vez que falla un gol. La intención del jugador es quedarse, pero ve su caso parecido al de Robben y Sneijder y cree que el club piensa hacer caja con su traspaso para financiar los nuevos refuerzos. Al principio de temporada, Higuaín desechó una oferta del Zenit que le triplicaba la ficha. Convencido de sus posibilidades, se quedó partiendo como el delantero suplente y volvió a ganarse la titularidad, formando con Cristiano una de las mejores parejas atacantes del mundo.

Higuaín sigue convencido de sus posibilidades y no le importa volver a competir para ganarse el puesto, pero no entiende, según su entorno, por qué el Madrid ha parado la mejora de su contrato, muy por debajo de su rendimiento en el campo. No quiere compararse con otros compañeros, pero considera un agravio comparativo ganar tres veces menos que futbolistas que no han logrado sus números.

Cotizado.
Desde el Madrid no se reconoce oficialmente que la intención es traspasar a Higuaín, como tampoco se hizo el verano pasado con Robben y Sneijder. El objetivo es venderlo porque es el jugador de la plantilla por quien más dinero se puede facturar para reinvertir en nuevos fichajes. Aún queda la jornada decisiva de la Liga y luego llega el Mundial, pero el futuro de Higuaín será una de las noticias que monopolizará la atención en el Madrid en el próximo verano, junto a los refuerzos que lleguen. Higuaín quiere seguir, pero nota que le quieren vender.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Higuaín

Postby Mike J » Mon May 10, 2010 9:17 am

would take him in a heartbeat. quality striker, i reckon he'd be great in the prem.

rumour is that he doesnt get on well with ronaldo at all so im assuming if this is true about wanting to flog him its because they want to keep their prized asset happy.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon May 10, 2010 9:45 am

I still cannot see them sell him. They would be mental!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Wooders » Mon May 10, 2010 9:53 am

See how he partners up with Carlos in the summer first
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 am

avoidconfusion wrote:I still cannot see them sell him. They would be mental!

Not going to happen. And he wouldn't come.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Mon May 10, 2010 10:06 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:I still cannot see them sell him. They would be mental!

Not going to happen. And he wouldn't come.

As much as I would like to agree never say never mate we got Robinho and Tevez although under extreme circumstances there's always a chance. We can dream can't we? :p I think we should look at more realistic targets but theres no harm in the club putting in offers for players of his calibre if available as long as we don't do another Kaka like incident.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Vhero » Mon May 10, 2010 10:10 am

Found this
Real Madrid’s Argentinean striker Gonzalo Higuain has been tipped for the exit door at the Bernabeu according to reports in Spain, with English Premier League trio of Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City all considering big money offers for the in-form forward.

The Argentinean has been a standout performer in the Galacticos side scoring 29 goals in 38 appearances, including 12 goals in his last 12 games for the Madrid side. Despite his form at the Bernabeu Madrid officials are keen to cash in on the 22-year-old in order to finance a move for a so-called “Galactico,” with reports linking Madrid with moves for Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery, Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard, Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney, and an audacious move for Barcelona’s Lionel Messi. Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly mulling over a big money move for the forward, while Chelsea and Manchester City are also considering a move for the Argentinean international.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti and Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini are confirmed admirers of Higuain, while the two Italians are also eager to strengthen their forward options in the summer, with the in-form hitman ideally suited to the English Premier League. Manchester Untied manager Sir Alex Ferguson considered a move for the Argentinean last summer as a direct replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo but decided against making an offer for the player.

Higuain’s contract runs out at the end of the season in 2012/2013 which should ensure that the Argentinean commands a large fee, believed to be in the region of £25 million euros.

That's like £20 million pounds? that's short change for the club
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 10, 2010 3:10 pm

'Higuaín leaving' stories are now all over the Spanish and Argie media.

Chelsea and €40M are mentioned a fair bit.

Still not convinced Abramovic wants to spend big again, and they've just stated today they wont have a bidding war with City.

Maybe we'll leave them clear for Higuaín so we can have a clear run at someone else, as per Marwood's meeting with the Chelsea bloke the other day?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beeks » Mon May 10, 2010 3:15 pm

I'm sure Apache and Zabs will sway their team mate into making the right choice ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Crossie » Mon May 10, 2010 3:59 pm

Swap for Adebayor,

Everybodies happy
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Vhero » Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Crossie wrote:Swap for Adebayor,

Everybodies happy

Would be a fucking mint deal ;) Ade would succeed in Spain too.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby edge275 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Yes please! I think Higuain is brilliant.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Alternatively this could have been leaked by his agent as an negotiating tactic - link him several well known and wealthy clubs and drop a rather large hint about him being underpaid relative to his achievements, then go into a meeting with club officials and thrash out a new deal.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby gillie » Mon May 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Gerrard>Real Higuian>City or the other way round if you believe Real need the money to finance the Gerrard deal.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 10, 2010 11:28 pm

Dameerto wrote:Alternatively this could have been leaked by his agent as an negotiating tactic - link him several well known and wealthy clubs and drop a rather large hint about him being underpaid relative to his achievements, then go into a meeting with club officials and thrash out a new deal.

Good point Dam. But then Madrid are corporately potty. so I wouldn't put it past them. If your face dont fit..................
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby cdncityfan » Tue May 11, 2010 12:46 am

It may very well boil down to the respect factor as well. Despite outscoring Ronaldo and being on Messi's heels almost the entire La Liga season, Higuain rarely gets the respect his workrate deserves at Real Madrid and in the Real Madrid supporting press. Much like the Robinho case, being used as a make-weight or playing second fiddle to a former-Rag primadonna (Beckham in Robinho's case, Ronaldo in Higuain's) is more than many footballers can take. Would absolutely love Higuain to come to City!
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum