***ITS THE OFFICIAL West Ham vs CITY Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***ITS THE OFFICIAL West Ham vs CITY Match Thread***

Postby Slim » Sun May 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Well that bored the life out of me.

There's been too many matches like that for me in the last few months. I hope its because of lack of quality options rather than choice. Actually no, I pray that's the case!

Right - now over to the silly season of transfers - here we go!

I've just heard we're signing Messi, Torres and Maradonna for 250 mil! I'm ITK you.....er.....know!

What the fuck for? They are no RSC, Vieira and Toure.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Sun May 09, 2010 5:20 pm

xavi6 wrote:From BBC -

1807: At West Ham, Manchester City's Carlos Tevez donned a Hammers shirt at the final whistle and received a standing ovation from the whole of Upton Park. Home is where the heart is.

Hes got a soft spot for West Ham...I think he will finish his career there.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Well that bored the life out of me.

There's been too many matches like that for me in the last few months. I hope its because of lack of quality options rather than choice. Actually no, I pray that's the case!

Right - now over to the silly season of transfers - here we go!

I've just heard we're signing Messi, Torres and Maradonna for 250 mil! I'm ITK you.....er.....know!

Get in there!

I know you can't reveal your source mate, but can you tell us some more? PLEASE mate, PLEASE!!!

I'm so excited now.... although maradonna is a bit old... I presume he's being brought in to be an experienced leader on the pitch and for half time talks- like Vieira?
Original Dub

Postby CityDub » Sun May 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Wesley Sneijder please ,The Inter Midfeilder we should have signed in the first place.
CityDub
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: kicking looters

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 09, 2010 5:22 pm

End of a season and what a season it was, I'm glad it's finished, I'm worn out! 5th is massive progress and hopefully we'll go onto greater things. Well done to Chelsea and Anchovie, they've fully deserved the League Title and how entertaining have these big wins been, 8-0 today epitomised their season.

Can't wait to renew my SC and the lure of next seasons glories....................COME ON CITY!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby play like we dream » Sun May 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:End of a season and what a season it was, I'm glad it's finished, I'm worn out! 5th is massive progress and hopefully we'll go onto greater things. Well done to Chelsea and Anchovie, they've fully deserved the League Title and how entertaining have these big wins been, 8-0 today epitomised their season.

Can't wait to renew my SC and the lure of next seasons glories....................COME ON CITY!!!

Completely agree. The days are gone of fighting for mid-table. It can only get better and better. Off-load four or five lazy sulkers and get a few more NDJ clones. And so pleased we're not spending all summer searching for a manager. City matters more than anything except family, friends and health. Can't wait for the next battle.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 09, 2010 5:33 pm

play like we dream wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:End of a season and what a season it was, I'm glad it's finished, I'm worn out! 5th is massive progress and hopefully we'll go onto greater things. Well done to Chelsea and Anchovie, they've fully deserved the League Title and how entertaining have these big wins been, 8-0 today epitomised their season.

Completely agree. The days are gone of fighting for mid-table. It can only get better and better. Off-load four or five lazy sulkers and get a few more NDJ clones. And so pleased we're not spending all summer searching for a manager. City matters more than anything except family, friends and health. Can't wait for the next battle.

Oh, and a bonus that Rooney lost the Golden Boot! Looooooooooooossssssseeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I'm not bitter ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun May 09, 2010 6:14 pm

End of the season,done,good times.

Lets hope for a better one next year heres hoping Mancini signs top players and does an Ancelotti throwing the shackles off.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby walmai » Sun May 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Welkumb home fella.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby citytilidie » Sun May 09, 2010 7:12 pm

I just got back from the game (live in milton keynes) tevez pissed me off today, fair enough he loves West Ham but he is a Man City player now, fair enough give the fans a little clap etc but he was taking it too far imo didn't show us city fans any respect.
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Sun May 09, 2010 7:24 pm

bollocks, hed be goin back to argie not hammers imo.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby walmai » Sun May 09, 2010 7:26 pm

citytilidie wrote:I just got back from the game (live in milton keynes) tevez pissed me off today, fair enough he loves West Ham but he is a Man City player now, fair enough give the fans a little clap etc but he was taking it too far imo didn't show us city fans any respect.

It might interest you to note that it slightly embarrassed me too. It was a real sense of ambivalence for me to turn up 10 minutes beforehand and see he wasn't playing. He just doesn't want it at The Boleyn, to be honest. We showed him real admiration when he very first arrived in the UK and I don't think he can forget it.

I'd like to make one or two other points if I may (with the fact that it was an 'end of season game' perhaps underscoring them):

1. You are stronger defensively than I thought, but more in DM than CB. Toure had a reasonable game, because Cole didn't (and our #9 is a journeyman nobody). I get the sneaky feeling that, if we'd tested harder your keeper, we could have scored more, but, as I say, this is end of season stuff and it was prob his last game

2. Johnson is a star in waiting, but also an embarrassing actor. Pretended to be seriously hurt more than once, lost the decision and sprinted back to his position or to the ref to have a moan. A bad side to an otherwise spotless performance. Good shout to sign him at that age. On the right deal, he could play wide in your team for years to come.

3. Vieira is too old for the Prem. A few decent distributive balls masked his lack of pace and - dare I say it - strength on the ball

4. Adebayor and RSC are the two least committed/interested players I have seen all season - and you'll have seen for yourselves the calibre of the players I have watched for 19+ games. News reaches that Adebayor might get released from Da Costa's back pocket sometime soon; it all depends on whether he can be bothered to walk towards the light. RSC was even worse. This is a defence that has shipped goals to every single other team this year, bar Blackburn, but it was walk in the park material for Da Costa (forget Upson - he's rubbish too).

5. Unless they were getting personalised beam back throughout the match, your team didn't much care whether it came 5th or 6th. A bit saucy from a fan whose team topped up 17th, but you get the point.

See you next season! Image
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 09, 2010 8:20 pm

The truth is Walmai, noone really give a shit at this stage of the season and most knew that all we needed was a draw to stay 5th. Tevez is a strange one though isn't he, he seems to be a law unto himself and because of his goal tally and work ethic (apart from training) he feels he can do and say what he wants. Well, for what I've seen recently, I'm not too impressed and would like him to nail his colours to the mast, not play every club for his own self-fulfilling needs.

I think every club Carlos has played for love him for what he brings, but if he carries on in the vein that he is going, he's going to end up like Bellers - a jouney man who hasn't stayed around long enough to really achieve a status he deserves.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The truth is Walmai, noone really give a shit at this stage of the season and most knew that all we needed was a draw to stay 5th. Tevez is a strange one though isn't he, he seems to be a law unto himself and because of his goal tally and work ethic (apart from training) he feels he can do and say what he wants. Well, for what I've seen recently, I'm not too impressed and would like him to nail his colours to the mast, not play every club for his own self-fulfilling needs.

I think every club Carlos has played for love him for what he brings, but if he carries on in the vein that he is going, he's going to end up like Bellers - a jouney man who hasn't stayed around long enough to really achieve a status he deserves.

Agree completely. It's becoming disrespectful.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby walmai » Sun May 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Disrespectful how? Scoring 25+ goals in a season ...
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 09, 2010 8:46 pm

I know, it's terrible the way he keeps us guessing about his intentions.

“I’ve really enjoyed my first season at the club, but this is only the beginning,” said Carlos.
My dream is to help this club become one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world. We have the resources and belief that we can achieve our dreams
“What we’ve got to do next is forget about finishing in the top four – that is now a thing of the past - we now need to think about winning the Premier League – that is the right thing for this club and should be our next aim.
“We need to go all out for the title and that’s the mindset we need to have from next season.”
“I’m honoured and grateful to have received the awards,” he said. “I’ve felt so welcome from day one and that I’m genuinely touched and feel extremely happy.
“Winning the supporters’ award is extra special because they have been wonderful all season. It’s a great source of pride and motivation when I see so many supporters, especially young children, with my name on their back.”
Carlos also revealed there is a growing City fan base in his country with the Blues steadily becoming more popular over the past year.

“That’s absolutely right – there are more and more people getting behind me and the rest of the lads back home in Argentina and that support continues to grow,” he said.
“I’d like to thank the people in Argentina for the support they’ve shown me this season, too.

I hope to score many more goals both for City and Argentina – particularly during the World Cup!”

Stop sitting on the fence y little git, give us a sign....just any sign......
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nick » Sun May 09, 2010 8:59 pm

walmai wrote:
citytilidie wrote:I just got back from the game (live in milton keynes) tevez pissed me off today, fair enough he loves West Ham but he is a Man City player now, fair enough give the fans a little clap etc but he was taking it too far imo didn't show us city fans any respect.

It might interest you to note that it slightly embarrassed me too. It was a real sense of ambivalence for me to turn up 10 minutes beforehand and see he wasn't playing. He just doesn't want it at The Boleyn, to be honest. We showed him real admiration when he very first arrived in the UK and I don't think he can forget it.

I'd like to make one or two other points if I may (with the fact that it was an 'end of season game' perhaps underscoring them):

1. You are stronger defensively than I thought, but more in DM than CB. Toure had a reasonable game, because Cole didn't (and our #9 is a journeyman nobody). I get the sneaky feeling that, if we'd tested harder your keeper, we could have scored more, but, as I say, this is end of season stuff and it was prob his last game

2. Johnson is a star in waiting, but also an embarrassing actor. Pretended to be seriously hurt more than once, lost the decision and sprinted back to his position or to the ref to have a moan. A bad side to an otherwise spotless performance. Good shout to sign him at that age. On the right deal, he could play wide in your team for years to come.

3. Vieira is too old for the Prem. A few decent distributive balls masked his lack of pace and - dare I say it - strength on the ball

4. Adebayor and RSC are the two least committed/interested players I have seen all season - and you'll have seen for yourselves the calibre of the players I have watched for 19+ games. News reaches that Adebayor might get released from Da Costa's back pocket sometime soon; it all depends on whether he can be bothered to walk towards the light. RSC was even worse. This is a defence that has shipped goals to every single other team this year, bar Blackburn, but it was walk in the park material for Da Costa (forget Upson - he's rubbish too).

5. Unless they were getting personalised beam back throughout the match, your team didn't much care whether it came 5th or 6th. A bit saucy from a fan whose team topped up 17th, but you get the point.

See you next season! Image

I'd agree with all of that. Perhaps a bit harsh on AJ! hes become accustomed to getting fuck all from the ref at city!

Being half arsed in a ''nothing game'' does not surprise me. But some of those players played like that in the derby and biggest game of their careers against spurs. Its that which pisses me off. Toure was sussed out in November to being our third/fourth best CB. I'd keep him if it didnt harm Ned / or he was put out at right back. Then again we've just signed this Boateng kid so who knows!

The fact that the squads gets trimmed to 25 means we have to have 25 quality players and get rid of the crap. I still maintain that if RSC started around 10 games in a run he would do weel and score quite a few, but ive ran out of patience with him (to be fair we've given him barely a chance) but hes not good enough for us and can fuck off.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Tevez is a working class person and identifies with the fans - West Ham gave him his break in the Prem so he was never going to forget his 'first fewk' so to speak.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby aaron bond » Mon May 10, 2010 12:18 am

I agree about loading off the lazy players but please no more NDJ clones. I don't want any more players with such limited ability at our club. Him and Zabaleta are bad enough.

I want players who can do more than run around putting in the odd crunching tackle please. Players like that will never get us into the Champions League.

It completely astounds me the amount of people who think NDJ and Zab are the greatest players on earth.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 10, 2010 12:53 am

aaron bond wrote:

I agree about loading off the lazy players but please no more NDJ clones. I don't want any more players with such limited ability at our club. Him and Zabaleta are bad enough.

I want players who can do more than run around putting in the odd crunching tackle please. Players like that will never get us into the Champions League.

It completely astounds me the amount of people who think NDJ and Zab are the greatest players on earth.

NDJ will become even more important once were in CL. Not sure if you noticed but against the top sides he's a tasty little player capable of disrupting a world class midfield such as for example the premier league champions Chelsea Football Club etc.

He does seem lacking when he's faced with a midfield of cloggers kicking the shite out of everything in plain sight that's for sure.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum