New York Competition - Please Check Your Entry

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New York Competition - Please Check Your Entry

Postby Midnight Blue » Sun May 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Congrats mate! A few unexpected results in there, wasn't an easy comp to win. Great prize too! Look forward to your reports from the big apple.
Midnight Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Attractive Football

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Lookmum you mother fucker.

Well done mate!!
Original Dub

Postby King Kev » Sun May 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Ok, I have double checked everything and am delighted to announce that

LOOKMUMI'MONMCF.NET IS GOING TO NEW YORK!!!!

Commiserations to Blue2 who just missed out on the tie-break.

Thanks to everybody who took part and HUGE thanks to the person who donated this fantastic prize!!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Twobob » Sun May 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Congratulations lookmum! Hope you have a fantastic time!

Thanks again to the lads for such a great comp and brilliant prize - am well gutted ;-)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Blue2 » Sun May 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Fuclin gutted. lost out on the crowd prediction. Well done Lookmum, our scoring predictions were the same games and our crowd predictions were close together. Just gonna top myself now. Bye
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Well done LMIOM.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun May 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Well done mate!

Unlucky Blue2, so close!!!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 09, 2010 5:45 pm

I'll start the bidding, £2.75 and a bottle of coke?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue2 » Sun May 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Are you nsure I didn't win KK?

See below :)

Premier League
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the English football league. For other uses, see Premier League (disambiguation).
Premier League
Confederation UEFA
Founded 20 February 1992
Number of teams 20
Relegation to Football League Championship
Levels on pyramid 1
Domestic cup(s) FA Cup, League Cup
International cup(s) Champions League, Europa League
Current champions Chelsea (2009-10)
Most championships Manchester United (11)
TV partners Sky Sports, ESPN
Website PremierLeague.com
2009–10 Premier League

The Premier League is an English professional league for association football clubs. At the top of the English football league system, it is the country's primary football competition. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with The Football League. The Premier League is a corporation in which the 20 member clubs act as shareholders. Seasons run from August to May, with teams playing 38 games each totalling 380 games in the season. Most games are played on Saturdays and Sundays, with a few games played during weekday evenings. It is sponsored by Barclays Bank and therefore officially known as the Barclays Premier League.

The competition formed as the FA Premier League on 20 February 1992 following the decision of clubs in the Football League First Division to break away from The Football League, which was originally founded in 1888, and take advantage of a lucrative television rights deal. The Premier League has since become the world's most watched sporting league.[1] It is the world's most lucrative football league, with combined club revenues of £1.93 billion ($3.15bn) in 2007–08.[2] It is also ranked first in the UEFA coefficients of leagues based on performances in European competitions over the last five years, ahead of Spain's La Liga and Italy's Serie A.[3]

On 21 April 2010, The Premier League was awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.[4] The Premier League was recognised for its outstanding contribution to international trade and the value it brings to English football and the United Kingdom's broadcasting industry.The International Trade Award recognises substantial growth in overseas earnings and commercial success at outstanding levels over three consecutive 12-month periods from 2007 to 2009.

A total of 43 clubs have competed in the Premier League, but only four have won the title: Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, and Manchester United. The current champions are Chelsea, who won the 2009–10 season. Attendance on the final day totalled 379114.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League Taken from wikipedia
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby King Kev » Sun May 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Blue2 wrote:Are you nsure I didn't win KK?

See below :)

Premier League
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the English football league. For other uses, see Premier League (disambiguation).
Premier League
Confederation UEFA
Founded 20 February 1992
Number of teams 20
Relegation to Football League Championship
Levels on pyramid 1
Domestic cup(s) FA Cup, League Cup
International cup(s) Champions League, Europa League
Current champions Chelsea (2009-10)
Most championships Manchester U***d (11)
TV partners Sky Sports, ESPN
Website PremierLeague.com
2009–10 Premier League

The Premier League is an English professional league for association football clubs. At the top of the English football league system, it is the country's primary football competition. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with The Football League. The Premier League is a corporation in which the 20 member clubs act as shareholders. Seasons run from August to May, with teams playing 38 games each totalling 380 games in the season. Most games are played on Saturdays and Sundays, with a few games played during weekday evenings. It is sponsored by Barclays Bank and therefore officially known as the Barclays Premier League.

The competition formed as the FA Premier League on 20 February 1992 following the decision of clubs in the Football League First Division to break away from The Football League, which was originally founded in 1888, and take advantage of a lucrative television rights deal. The Premier League has since become the world's most watched sporting league.[1] It is the world's most lucrative football league, with combined club revenues of £1.93 billion ($3.15bn) in 2007–08.[2] It is also ranked first in the UEFA coefficients of leagues based on performances in European competitions over the last five years, ahead of Spain's La Liga and Italy's Serie A.[3]

On 21 April 2010, The Premier League was awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.[4] The Premier League was recognised for its outstanding contribution to international trade and the value it brings to English football and the U***d Kingdom's broadcasting industry.The International Trade Award recognises substantial growth in overseas earnings and commercial success at outstanding levels over three consecutive 12-month periods from 2007 to 2009.

A total of 43 clubs have competed in the Premier League, but only four have won the title: Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, and Manchester U***d. The current champions are Chelsea, who won the 2009–10 season. Attendance on the final day totalled 379114.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League Taken from wikipedia
You fucler! You had me worried for a minute then! ;o)

Just goes to show, never trust wiki.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun May 09, 2010 7:39 pm

You fuckin city pessimist, afterall its only who predicted a city draw who got the max points, otherwise it was so close.

Congrats LookMum, enjoy the trip mate
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby King Kev » Sun May 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Well I reckon the whole thing was fuclin fixed! ;o(
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby spiv » Sun May 09, 2010 9:10 pm

Well done LookMum, i'll sort you out some match tickets for the games over there.

Providing that you take me with you. :)
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun May 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Gentlemen, thank you.

I remember last year being absolutely chuffed when BMD sent me a Season Review DVD for winning the season predictions that year. Obviously this prize doesn't quite compare to that, but then it's always going to be a bit more difficult putting this one on eBay ; )

Blue2, I am sorry for your disappointment. I can only assume it's something close to what I feel every 5 or so weeks when The Dyke play Blue2 Babes (though in fairness you were a little closer than we ever are).

Thanks also to Mcfc 1632. Clearly, as the only person to get one single point in the whole competition, you took a dive so that a chump like me could have a chance. A noble gesture!

Again thanks to everyone who entered.

Finally my biggest thanks to The Lads, not for this amazing competition but for giving up their time for running this great site (but mainly for the competition : )).

Now all I have to do is get the time off work...

Thanks again.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby andeez nutz » Sun May 09, 2010 9:33 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Gentlemen, thank you.

I remember last year being absolutely chuffed when BMD sent me a Season Review DVD for winning the season predictions that year. Obviously this prize doesn't quite compare to that, but then it's always going to be a bit more difficult putting this one on eBay ; )

Blue2, I am sorry for your disappointment. I can only assume it's something close to what I feel every 5 or so weeks when The Dyke play Blue2 Babes (though in fairness you were a little closer than we ever are).

Thanks also to Mcfc 1632. Clearly, as the only person to get one single point in the whole competition, you took a dive so that a chump like me could have a chance. A noble gesture!

Finally my biggest thanks to The Lads, not for this amazing competition but for giving up their time for running this great site (but mainly for the competition : )).

Thanks again.

congrats mate,
i will be at the games, although i'm not sure when tickets go on sale.
i'll buy you some beers..
andeez nutz
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: johnson

Postby john68 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:56 pm

CONGRATULATIONS LOOKMUM.
Well done Lad...enjoy the City trip of a lifetime.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 09, 2010 9:57 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Gentlemen, thank you.

Thanks again.

You + Me in NYC == shut it down

We'll line up some gigs and bitches. No danger.

Congrats mate!

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bluej » Sun May 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Congrats LookMum!

Not sure how I missed this competition - schoolboy!
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bobadji » Sun May 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Well in LookMumI'mGoingToNewYork!

Brilliant prize.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Florida Blue » Sun May 09, 2010 10:35 pm

I just read LookMum is on the US Marshalls watch list, not sure he can get into the country. Blue2 you might get your day!

Congrats LookMum!! Every been to that eyesore New York City?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum