Buffon has got some cheek...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Buffon has got some cheek...

Postby Beeks » Wed May 05, 2010 9:39 am

After slagging us off for months he is apparently angling for a move to us now!?!?!

Cheeky cheeky fucker...

IM scouting has it on their site...i'd post the link but every time I go on it crashes
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Buffon has got some cheek...

Postby Esky » Wed May 05, 2010 9:41 am

Report: Chelsea and Manchester City in race for Buffon

According to Italian daily Tuttosport, Chelsea and Manchester City are the two main contenders to sign Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon .

The experienced goalkeeper two days ago gave his clearest indication yet that he could move to England.

Talking to Italy's Sky Sports, he said, "My desire to leave Juve is equal to that of Juventus to release me.

"Right now there is nothing, but anything can still happen. It's not fair to say too much right now, but I have nothing to hide. If I had to leave, England could be my destination. Which shirt? I do not know, I have not had any contact with anyone. I have no preferences."

This one? Don't want him here at all, irrespective of which European comp we're playing in.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Dameerto » Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 am

He's overrated, and plays in our least-needed position.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beeks » Wed May 05, 2010 9:43 am

Esky wrote:
Don't want him here at all, irrespective of which European comp we're playing in.

Me either...if he did sign that would just show how hypocritical and mercenary players are

Apparently there has been whisperings of Joe Hart to Arsenal and us bringing in Buffon
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Slim » Wed May 05, 2010 9:48 am

Buffon is a fantastic keeper, but like all players who did it, I would prefer to dominate the world(evil laugh goes here) without the cunts who slagged us off.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gaudy » Wed May 05, 2010 9:55 am

i think we'll see alot of fickle little players having a quick "change of heart" over city.
piss off buffon your too old and we have better quality players in your position loaned out!
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby craigmcfc » Wed May 05, 2010 10:57 am

We've got Given and Hart who are 2 of the best keepers around. No need, end of
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ant london » Wed May 05, 2010 11:31 am

if he were Iker Casillas I would be bothered

He's a past it cheeky badmouthing cunt

Hope he breaks his neck
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby smurfsdabomb » Wed May 05, 2010 11:38 am

If you think "Joe Hart" is anything near the standard of Buffon then you must be new to the game.

Though its a pointless discussion. Check his comment "My desire to leave is equal to that of Juve's desire to release me". This is a guy who as the best player in the world stuck with Juve when they got relegated, he's not going to piss off just because they didn't get a champions league spot. He's going nowhere.
And besides with Shay Given why on earth would you want another keeper.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby ant london » Wed May 05, 2010 11:52 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:If you think "Joe Hart" is anything near the standard of Buffon then you must be new to the game.

Though its a pointless discussion. Check his comment "My desire to leave is equal to that of Juve's desire to release me". This is a guy who as the best player in the world stuck with Juve when they got relegated, he's not going to piss off just because they didn't get a champions league spot. He's going nowhere.

I was nodding along until you got to the last line

Here are a few suggestions:

- to get someone who is not permanently rooted to his line
- to get someone physically bigger
- to get someone capable of aerially and positionally dominating his area (think Peter Schmeichel in his pomp)
- and finally someone younger

apart from that...no reasons
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby smurfsdabomb » Wed May 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Well I'm not saying Given is the greatest keeper in the world, but he's right up there and he's saved countless amounts of points for City this season, arguably player of the season in my books. He probably is the greatest shot stopper in the world and while he's not the best for commanding his area I think he's still easily in the Top 10 goalkeepers in the world.

I don't really agree on the age part, he's 34 which is still quite young for a goalkeeper. A lot of them seem to be peaking about 36-38 these days.

Joe hart's had one good season, well done lad. Do it for 5+ more and then you can stake a claim for being mentioned in the same sentence as Buffon and Given. Lets not forget Michael Johnson and Micah Richards also had one season where they appeared to be "World Class".
smurfsdabomb

Postby Dubciteh » Wed May 05, 2010 12:11 pm

ant london wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:If you think "Joe Hart" is anything near the standard of Buffon then you must be new to the game.

- to get someone capable of aerially and positionally dominating his area (think Peter Schmeichel in his pomp)

i agree ant word for word but also like slim said, i want to rule the world and leave these wankers behind who have had a go at us, although hes quality, id rather have someone else.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 05, 2010 12:13 pm

ant london wrote:

Correct.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ant london » Wed May 05, 2010 12:22 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:Well I'm not saying Given is the greatest keeper in the world, but he's right up there and he's saved countless amounts of points for City this season, arguably player of the season in my books. He probably is the greatest shot stopper in the world and while he's not the best for commanding his area I think he's still easily in the Top 10 goalkeepers in the world.

I think he probably is up there with the world's best keepers and I am not remotely saying that he hasn't been good for us since we signed him. Last season he definitely shored us up at the back. However my questions marks over him started this season when he failed to use his experience and presence to help a series of CB partnerships to settle and start to perform. The amount of silly individual defensive cock ups also, to me, speak of defenders who when on the back foot, do not have confidence that their keeper is on his toes ready to sweep up behind them.

You hit the nail on the head re his strength which is shot stopping and reactions and that is precisely why I think I would happily replace him with a younger keeper. On the basis that his main (some would say only) strength is based on an attribute that will fade, and fast, once it starts going I would much rather him be at another club when that starts to happen.

He's not player of the season though, not even close....ie not top 3 in my book
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby smurfsdabomb » Wed May 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Well I'd just say that Toure, Lescott, Richards and the like are pants and no keeper could organise them to be anything more than that. I know for Ireland with Dunne and O'Shea in front of him they're a very well organised unit that don't leak a lot of goals, Given needs a more talented backline in front of him imo.
smurfsdabomb

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed May 05, 2010 5:23 pm

This thread is bizzare.

First off, he doesn't really say owt about City. He's certainly not "angling for a move".

Secondly, Gigi is THE best keeper in the world. You might not like to hear it but Hart & Given just don't compare I'm afraid. There's a reason this guy has won trophies and isn't just thought of as 'decent' by a few fans.

He clearly wants to stay at Juve, and should be commended for doing so.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby edge275 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:36 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:This thread is bizzare.

First off, he doesn't really say owt about City. He's certainly not "angling for a move".

Secondly, Gigi is THE best keeper in the world. You might not like to hear it but Hart & Given just don't compare I'm afraid. There's a reason this guy has won trophies and isn't just thought of as 'decent' by a few fans.

He clearly wants to stay at Juve, and should be commended for doing so.

But he's clearly talking bollocks. Look at this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/7655677/Manchester-City-cant-attract-the-very-best-players-claims-Gianluigi-Buffon.html

He's talking about players wanting to be in the Champions League and City aren't. Well Juventus aren't in it next season and this Saturday City could very well be.

Even if he thinks all those things, what has compelled him to say them? There's absolutely no need to slate us we're not even in the same country as him for fucks sake.

*edit* It's the equivalent of Given coming out and slagging Real Madrid's transfer policies.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm sure Juve received last week an offer from Baconface of 15 ml £ for him.
He would be happy to play for the rags but Blanc and Secco rejected this offer obvioulsy because they want to keep much more from Buffon!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum