Bellamy & Tevez Interviews.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bellamy & Tevez Interviews.

Postby Russ218 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:15 am

Bellamy: Nothing can stop City - Exclusive

Published 23:00 04/05/10 By Oliver Holt

Craig Bellamy has a message for the rest of the Premier League as Manchester City prepare to try to take a giant step towards the top four.

There is no Bellamy snarl to accompany it. No aggression underlying it. In fact, there’s something chilling about the way he relays it as a statement of fact.

Sure, it would be a disappointment if City failed to beat Spurs at Eastlands tonight, he said, and lost out in their bid to qualify for the Champions League.

But, in the long-term, it wouldn’t matter. It would just delay the inevitable march towards domestic and European domination.

The juggernaut would roll on regardless. If City didn’t make the top four this year, they’d just do it next year instead.

“If we finish fourth,” Bellamy said, “it allows us to drive forward a little bit quicker. But it’s not do or die for us.

“It’s not like, if we don’t get fourth this season, we’ll have blown our best chance at it and the opportunity might never come round again.

“If it’s not this season, then we’ll be back. We will be knocking on the door again straight away.

“We’re desperate to do it this season, obviously. It’s the goal we set ourselves before the very first game. It's what we expect of each other with the resources we have here.

“But financially, the situation at City won’t alter too much if we don’t make it this year. One way or another, this club is going to go on to much better things very soon.

“The top players, the players who can win you championships, you are more likely to get them to sign for you if you are in the Champions League.

“Being a Champions League club gives you extra power. Top players want to play Champions League football so if they start arriving, it will push us forward faster in the Premier League, too.

“When I arrived here midway through last season, we were talking about a five year programme to win the league and nothing has changed.”

Bellamy has had a brilliant season for City as the club has stayed in the reckoning for the top four.

The Welsh striker has continued to thrive despite the mid-season sacking of Mark Hughes and continued rumours about a strained relationship with new boss Roberto Mancini.

Bellamy insisted those rumours were unfounded and that he hopes City stick with Mancini next season.

“You would know about it if there were problems between me and Mancini, I promise you,” Bellamy said.

“I’m not the type of guy to hide it. And if I was having a series of rows with him, I wouldn’t be in the team. I don’t think he is the type of guy who would play me if things were bad between us.

“We both speak very bad English so we don’t talk a lot but there is not a problem. No problem at all.

“I think the club has to stick with the manager. We have brought him in. We shouldn’t be hiring and firing all the time. If we are going to be successful, we have to stick with the manager and he has to have full control.”

Bellamy is also relishing the increased competition for places that will come with another City summer spending spree.

He is not fretting about the prospect of a new batch of big names arriving. Instead, he said it was the best kind of motivation.

“Look,” he said, “Robinho arrived here as Britain’s record transfer fee. No disrespect to him because he was a great lad but he’s back in Brazil and I’m still here.

“I knew when I signed for City that I would have to graft and take myself to a level that I had not reached for a while.

“But that appeals to me and the thought of more players arriving this summer and fighting for my place with a new calibre of teammate appeals to me even more.

“It’s going to be incredible. Who would not want to be part of City at the moment?

“I have put myself through ridiculous torture in my rehab from injuries for these kinds of moments.

“To walk away from it now would be the opposite of what I have done in my career. From being a kid, I have always had to fight for my career and fight to establish myself and keep my place. I’m used to it. It’s a great incentive.”

Tevez: I want to stay at City By MARTIN BLACKBURN

Published: Today
Add a comment (2)
CARLOS TEVEZ has given his full backing to Roberto Mancini - and hopes they will still be working together at Manchester City next season.
The Italian boss could go a long way to securing his long-term future at Eastlands if his team can beat Tottenham in the fourth-placed showdown tonight.

The relationship between the City boss and his 29-goal superstar striker has come under the spotlight since Tevez apparently complained about the training regime last month.

But the former West Ham and Manchester United hero has been a mainstay of the starting line-up under Mancini and feels that is a big reason why he is in the form of his life right now.

Tevez, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, said: "Of course I would really like him to continue here.

"I would like all of us to stay and continue with this ambitious project which we have started.

"The manager has given me the continuity that every player needs to produce his best. He helped me recover my confidence.

"Thanks to the coach and my team-mates, things have worked well for me this season and it's the reason I have achieved such a high level."

Tevez, 26, would love to break through the 30-goal barrier tonight while pushing City into the top four going into the final match of the season.

He gave Mancini a scare in training yesterday when he walked off the pitch before the session was scheduled to end and was seen talking to the club doctor.

But City sources last night said his early finish was due to tiredness and insisted he would be fine to line up against Harry Redknapp's men.

Tevez added: "We are a team that is growing together. We are happy with what we've done so far but we know this is our greatest challenge.

"Now the last part comes, we know it will be tough but we'll try hard. We are very confident.

"Tottenham have a team which is no more or less than us. We are at the same level so the team that performs to their true potential will win this battle.

"We both need to win and time will decide who will be the winner."

City's wealthy Arab owners are determined to get into the Champions League quickly - but Tevez insists it would not be a disaster if they do not make it.

The Argentinian striker added: "The Champions League is one of the most beautiful tournaments in the world to play in, that is unquestionable.

"Of course there is the possibility we will not qualify because we are just making our first steps to becoming a great team.

"Everything will happen in due time. But I like to talk about realities and maybe next season City in the Champions League will be a reality."

Redknapp insists all the pressure will be on City due to their massive outlay - but Tevez says he will not be feeling it.

He said: "I never feel any pressure playing football.

"I have played since I was a kid and I play just for fun. I try to play with that in mind every game.

"Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. But I don't feel any pressure. I don't care if I'm playing a friendly game or a World Cup game.

"I have worked so hard to play at this high level, so now I feel no pressure at all. When I go to a team, I give all I have of myself. That's always my rule."

From the Mirror & the Sun
Russ218
De Michelis's Pace

Re: Bellamy & Tevez Interviews.

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed May 05, 2010 12:22 am

Well well well, positive interviews atlast.

Are the sun and mirror finally buying into City, because those interviews contain direct quotes from both players, who only have positive things about Macini.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 05, 2010 12:23 am

Ollie Holt may have published the Bellamy interview but even he couldn't find anything negative to comment about us in it. Must be gnashing his teeth!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Lee_R » Wed May 05, 2010 12:25 am

'Just for fun...'

Love this.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Russ218 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:26 am

Nicely timed, with all the shit bent 'arry has been spouting.
Russ218
De Michelis's Pace

Postby brite blu sky » Wed May 05, 2010 1:57 am

brite blu sky wrote:what do you rekon CARL ? in my book this makes PV more dangerous than ever..

watch out spurs..!

DeJong is going to love this game playing behind a Patrick Vieira with this attitude

from the Vieira thread about his comments.. we are starting to get the right attitude, cos we have the players who have it-

Spurs are going to wish they had rescheduled this game at a different time.. in fact any time other than now!
Some of them might even consider that they would have been better off fucking off the Fa cup run and played us before we looked like we had our shit together

jus sayin like
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 05, 2010 2:02 am

brite blu sky wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:what do you rekon CARL ? in my book this makes PV more dangerous than ever..

watch out spurs..!

DeJong is going to love this game playing behind a Patrick Vieira with this attitude

from the Vieira thread about his comments.. we are starting to get the right attitude, cos we have the players who have it-

Spurs are going to wish they had rescheduled this game at a different time.. in fact any time other than now!
Some of them might even consider that they would have been better off fucking off the Fa cup run and played us before we looked like we had our shit together

jus sayin like

I was convinced City are responsible for putting this game so late as they gambled on improving week on week with Mancini - and also (at the time) getting Tevez and Ade back and running etc. Therefore they thought the later the better for us. Lets hope so.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Wed May 05, 2010 4:20 am

john@staustell wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

watch out spurs..!

jus sayin like

I was convinced City are responsible for putting this game so late as they gambled on improving week on week with Mancini - and also (at the time) getting Tevez and Ade back and running etc. Therefore they thought the later the better for us. Lets hope so.

i'll buy that.. would do the same thing if it was me, and tbh it has already paid off, as we are a lot stronger now than we were around the FA cup dates
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 05, 2010 5:04 am

Craig Bellamy wrote:“You would know about it if there were problems between me and Mancini, I promise you,” Bellamy said.

“I’m not the type of guy to hide it. And if I was having a series of rows with him, I wouldn’t be in the team. I don’t think he is the type of guy who would play me if things were bad between us.

“We both speak very bad English so we don’t talk a lot but there is not a problem. No problem at all.

FMTWF!!!!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby guv111 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:14 am

Russ218 wrote:“We both speak very bad English so we don’t talk a lot but there is not a problem. No problem at all.

A bit of self-deprecating humour from Bellers, there! He is, of course, one of the most articulate footballers around.

Anyway, nice to hear these positive words. Keep it up, Craig!
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Slim » Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 am

guv111 wrote:
Russ218 wrote:“We both speak very bad English so we don’t talk a lot but there is not a problem. No problem at all.

A bit of self-deprecating humour from Bellers, there! He is, of course, one of the most articulate footballers around.

Anyway, nice to hear these positive words. Keep it up, Craig!

Only if you can understand taffy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fish111 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:13 am

I'm uncomfortable with this City love-in from the journos. The Mirror, The Sun AND Paul McCarthy on SSN this morning all bigging us up? What's going on there?
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby irblinx » Wed May 05, 2010 8:26 am

john@staustell wrote:Ollie Holt may have published the Bellamy interview but even he couldn't find anything negative to comment about us in it. Must be gnashing his teeth!

Holt gets a lot of hate on here in particular but he is usually straight forward and consistent in his views on City, he is pretty much the highest profile football journalist in the UK now and is regularly at our press conferences in person. He made no secret of his opinion that Hughes shouldn't have got the sack and has taken a long time to get past that but of all the gutter press he is usually the one that gets good stories and interviews about us. He has also always said that the rise of ourselves, Spurs and Villa (and possibly Everton) can only be a good thing for the Premier league
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beeks » Wed May 05, 2010 8:34 am

Bellers telling it like it is haha

and he is so right...I feel better now...who gives a fuck if we don't win tonight...we will be back next year even stronger...it's like that lad sticking his finger in the dam...you can't stop the inevitable
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 05, 2010 8:41 am

Fish111 wrote:I'm uncomfortable with this City love-in from the journos. The Mirror, The Sun AND Paul McCarthy on SSN this morning all bigging us up? What's going on there?

Switch on Talksport for some reality mate, it's like a fucking Spurs cheerleading team.

Great that both Tevez & Bellamy have backed the manager. Hopefully it will rub off on Cook & Khaldoon.

People slagging off Holt; he was actually courted by our media department, charmed by Cook & Co & he believed what they told him; that they were different than other clubs & would give their manager time to grow with the club. He put it into print & backed them, saying how impressed he was. They sacked Hughes a few weeks later. Hardly surprising people like him & Henry Winter have been critical; we made tits out of them in public.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 05, 2010 9:30 am

There couldn't be 2 more differing contrasts between the 2 clubs outlook on this game. Tottenham trying to heap pressure and slate us off whenever he can, while we go about with a calm and measured approach, allowing the players to be professional, forthright, but most of all relaxed.

Take the interviews yesterday from Mancio and Harry. Mancio was nice and calm, relaxed, smiling, with a sort of confidence that only comes from someone who knows where we are going and what we will achieve, whereas Harry was rocking back forth on his chair, arms clenched across his body looking rather glum, twitching and looking as though someone had just shagged his wife while he was in the shower.

From what I've seen in this build-up, and from what we are now seeing being written in the papers, I would say that the tide is turning in our favour, and whilst a few clubs and their media side-kicks are still in denial with regard to our future abilities, many are now beginning to see the light. It's only a matter of time.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 05, 2010 9:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Fish111 wrote:I'm uncomfortable with this City love-in from the journos. The Mirror, The Sun AND Paul McCarthy on SSN this morning all bigging us up? What's going on there?

Switch on Talksport for some reality mate, it's like a fucking Spurs cheerleading team.

Great that both Tevez & Bellamy have backed the manager. Hopefully it will rub off on Cook & Khaldoon.

People slagging off Holt; he was actually courted by our media department, charmed by Cook & Co & he believed what they told him; that they were different than other clubs & would give their manager time to grow with the club. He put it into print & backed them, saying how impressed he was. They sacked Hughes a few weeks later. Hardly surprising people like him & Henry Winter have been critical; we made tits out of them in public.

Shame isn't it Ted, that these people try to make tit's out of us for years, then we do it back to them. The truth is, why should we give them anything, they've shown no loyalty to us whatsoever and only now do they want to get into the inner sanctums to further their own cause.

Fuck 'em I say, Fuck 'Em All!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed May 05, 2010 9:59 am

Exactly the message from the start of the season and still coming through strong. No doubt though if we don't beat Spurs that somebody will be saying there isn't harmony in the camp and all these words will be ignored.

Our development to the top is on target.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed May 05, 2010 12:34 pm

If you ever wanted 2 City players to give an interview before tonight, its these two.
Fantastic. I'm fucking shaking.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby OliverHardy » Wed May 05, 2010 12:39 pm

YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU

OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk