Redknapp - I wouldn't swap any Spurs players for City Stars

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Redknapp - I wouldn't swap any Spurs players for City Stars

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:23 am

Harry Redknapp has stoked the fires ahead of their Champions League shootout by claiming that he would not swap any of his Spurs players for the stars of Manchester City.

The two sides go head-to-head at Eastlands on Wednesday night in a match that is likely to decide which of the two sides grabs the final qualification spot for Europe's top club competition

Spurs know that a win would guarantee they secure fourth spot in the Barclays Premier League - a massive achievement given they would have beaten mega-rich City and Liverpool.

And Redknapp has raised the temperature ahead of the crunch showdown by claiming he would rather keep all of his current players than swap them for any of City's.

The Spurs boss told ESPN Soccernet: 'We have Aaron Lennon coming back, and what a player he is, with his pace. Even behind him, there is Gareth Bale, who has come on in such leaps and bounds and has become an attacking force.

'I wouldn't swap our players for any of theirs. We have a terrific group of players, and that's a nice position to be in.'

Redknapp has also questioned the value of Carlos Tevez, saying he agrees with Sir Alex Ferguson that the former Manchester United striker was over-priced.

He added: 'There is only one point in it in for the race for the title, and that's the fine dividing lines these days and, let's face it, he has achieved that without Cristiano Ronaldo or Tevez.

'To be fair to Sir Alex, he probably thought that £45million - or whatever the true cost for Tevez was - was a bit much, plus his wages of £180,000-a-week, when he wasn't even a regular in the United team last season, spending most of his time coming off the bench.

'Sir Alex has spent £30m on Berbatov and he had Rooney and, at the start of the season, he would have thought that was enough, and so would most people.'

dailymail.co.uk

Haha he really is such a fool.

So he would'nt swap any of his players for ours? Im sure i heard him say he wanted Bellamy as well as Santa Cruz and Barry after we signed come to think of it he commented on nearly all the players we signed, the tosser must be coming down with alzheimer's.

And as for his comments about Tevez not being worth the money we paid for him has he not been watching Tevez banging the goals in all season i suppose the £15-20mill he paid to get Keane back from Liverpool was a great bit of business look how that turned out.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Redknapp - I wouldn't swap any Spurs players for City Stars

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:26 am

Ahh the tabloids rent-a-quote friend is off already.

Do our talking on the pitch.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 am

One thing about Tevez is he is a determined little bugger who values himself very highly. Comments like Twitchy's have a habit of coming back and biting people on the arse.

Hopefully Mancini now has no need to motivate El Apache as he bangs in a hat trick tomorrow!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Tue May 04, 2010 11:31 am

He is just trying to do the usual media crap before the game to add more drama to it that's all. A lot of managers do it. If he wasn't playing us if would probably be a completely different article.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Do our talking on the pitch.

This.

Just fucking beat them!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 am

john@staustell wrote:One thing about Tevez is he is a determined little bugger who values himself very highly. Comments like Twitchy's have a habit of coming back and biting people on the arse.

Hopefully Mancini now has no need to motivate El Apache as he bangs in a hat trick tomorrow!

I was thinking the same thing who needs a team talk after reading that shit from Redknapp, just show the boys it and let them put Spurs back in there place.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 am

He just said he wouldn't SWAP their players for ours.

Doesn't mean he won't sell half his players to various clubs through bent agents, cop for half their cut, then try to pick off all the players we don't want & sign them through bent agents & cop for half their cut.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 04, 2010 11:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:He just said he wouldn't SWAP their players for ours.

Doesn't mean he won't sell half his players to various clubs through bent agents, cop for half their cut, then try to pick off all the players we don't want & sign them through bent agents & cop for half their cut.

Yeah, swap deals aren't to 'Arry's liking. No chance to take the usual slice out of the deal.

Oh, and fair enough, I wouldn't take any Spurs players either.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Tue May 04, 2010 11:49 am

We already did, we swapped Charlie for Zabs.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue May 04, 2010 11:59 am

DICK.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby irblinx » Tue May 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Also spouting that all the pressure is on us in this match, total crap.

If we don't make 4th we'll just get the sheikh's wallet out in the summer anyway, the target for next season regardless of what happens over the next 6 days is to challenge for the title whereas there's will be to retain a top four place. If they don't make it this time will they be able to make the necessary investment to go again? We're going to spend, Utd and Chelsea will probably also spend and should Liverpool get sold in time so will they. It is only going to get more difficult for anyone who doesn't have a bottomless pit of cash.

As for their players v's ours, I still love Charlie and I'd probably take Defoe, otherwise no ta twitchy and I would only take them to add to what we already have too!
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mike J » Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He just said he wouldn't SWAP their players for ours.

Yeah, swap deals aren't to 'Arry's liking. No chance to take the usual slice out of the deal.

Oh, and fair enough, I wouldn't take any Spurs players either.

modric is fucking exceptional.

also if king hadnt had his injury problems imo he'd be englands best centre back.

but come on 'arry you wouldnt swap crouch for tevez! ok then.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john68 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Pre match drivel from 'Arry the Twitch...S'pose we should have expected something for the media to print.
He has to big up his lads...It would sound wrong if he didn't.

Wednesday will sort out the shit....bring it on.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beeks » Tue May 04, 2010 12:19 pm

triffic...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue May 04, 2010 12:28 pm

swap "wouldn't" to "couldn't" and the title would be more accurate.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Tue May 04, 2010 12:43 pm

didn't he admit that he wanted to sign bellamy, swp, RSC and petrov before we did?
If he didn't want them then why try and sign them? I smell bullshit harold.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Abu Dhabi » Tue May 04, 2010 12:48 pm

I think thats been our strategy all season anyway...

''Carlos.. player/manager X says you are not worth the money.. now get on the pitch son''
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby guv111 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Just concentrate on your own team, you weird freak.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kinkylola » Tue May 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Harry Redknapp admits he has some regrets about failing to sign Patrick Vieira from Inter Milan and believes the fact he was prepared to play for Arsenal's arch-rivals shows "the character of the man".

Harry Redknapp says Patrick Vieira was happy to join Spurs in January
Vieira, who became a legend at Arsenal after almost a decade at the club, came close to a switch to Tottenham last summer, but the move fell through when the midfielder decided to stay in Italy.

When he opted to move on in January, he signed for Manchester City, and he is expected to be in the squad when Tottenham head to Eastlands on Wednesday in a match that could determine which team secures the final Champions League spot.

Redknapp says he decided against signing the 33-year-old in January because he was happy with his midfield options but he still feels regret for having missed out on a "top, top player".

Redknapp told Soccernet: "Patrick was very interested in joining us last summer and, yes, I spoke to him at great length about a move to White Hart Lane.

"Eventually he decided he wanted to stay at Inter, so we never actually got to the nitty-gritty of a deal as such, yet there was a big chance it would have happened as he seemed to want to play for Spurs.

"That would have been some bold move for someone like him who was such a legend at Arsenal. It would have also been a bold move for us! He fancied the move, even though he was such an Arsenal legend, and that shows the character of the man - it shows he has b******* that he was prepared to do that.

"He actually said to me, 'I'd love to come to play for a club like Tottenham', but in the end he decided to stay with Inter.

"Then in January, I spoke to him again, when he wanted to come back to English football. He had then made up his mind to leave Inter and, although I could have taken him in that last transfer window, we had sorted out our midfield and I decided not to move for him.

"In many ways, I wish I had signed him as he is a great player, a top, top player, but we felt we didn't need him by the time he had got round to wanting to sign for us!

kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue May 04, 2010 9:06 pm

I despise Harry Redknapp so much it's not even funny anymore... the twat really pushes my buttons.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum