Robinho: I don't want to go back to Manchester City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho: I don't want to go back to Manchester City

Postby guv111 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 am

Bluez wrote:We are not going to get our money back on Robinho and there will not be that many clubs willing to take a chance on him, maybe our best chance of getting something back would be to take a punt on one of teh Santos youngters. It might not work out but the alternative is to sell him for a massively cut price deal, I mean clubs will want a small transfer fee to deal with his wage demands.

The problem is, that if we were to show an interest, wouldn't Robinho be just dying to twist the knife a bit further and do his best to put some young lad off? I wouldn't put it past him to phone is mate, Elano, and say "Listen to what this guy says about City, too."

Sadly, I can see Robinho slagging off City (and Real Madrid) till the day he dies, and because he was good once and is Brazilian, some people will listen.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Bluez » Tue May 04, 2010 10:44 am

guv111 wrote:
Bluez wrote:We are not going to get our money back on Robinho and there will not be that many clubs willing to take a chance on him, maybe our best chance of getting something back would be to take a punt on one of teh Santos youngters. It might not work out but the alternative is to sell him for a massively cut price deal, I mean clubs will want a small transfer fee to deal with his wage demands.

The problem is, that if we were to show an interest, wouldn't Robinho be just dying to twist the knife a bit further and do his best to put some young lad off? I wouldn't put it past him to phone is mate, Elano, and say "Listen to what this guy says about City, too."

Sadly, I can see Robinho slagging off City (and Real Madrid) till the day he dies, and because he was good once and is Brazilian, some people will listen.

Then before we make a bit we should highlight if we can't do a deal he's coming back and we can afford to put him in the reserves. Then see if his loyalty is to himself or the young one.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:57 am

Sometimes in life you lose one...City have a future to build and to waste too much time on a mistake is wasting time. We have to concentrate on where we are going and not where we have been. Cut our losses and move on forward.
Football is littered with clubs' mistakes. Often those mistakes take up too many resources and clubs can't afford to rectify them. We have only to loook over at Berbaflop and Owen. We are lucky, we can move on to bigger and better players.
This new City is about where we're going...not where we once went.

TBH, I had forgotten all about Robinho and his juvenile behaviour. I won't be wasting too much time on him now.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 04, 2010 11:09 am

If any of the rumours concerning players at clubs such as Benfica are true, then we could at least get some kind of bargaining power by throwing in Robinho as part of the deal, especially if we knock money off the transfer fee to make up for his ridiculous wages.

In many parts of the world he's still a big name, so if we were to move on the star player of a club in Spain or especially Portugal for instance, it would potentially cushion the blow of losing such a player if they were getting a cheap deal on Robinho to replace him. It would help pacify disgruntled supporters etc & could seal the deal.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CitizenYank » Tue May 04, 2010 11:20 am

That's okay. His feet become useless once he flies over the equator anyway.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 04, 2010 11:27 am

I reckon he'll have a season-long loan somewhere next season, preferably as far away as possible.

Nymar? Blimey haven't we learnt our lesson with Brazilians?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Crossie » Tue May 04, 2010 11:50 am

eastlandsblue wrote:Bellamy will be cleaning his clubs to invite the little shitbag back.

lol mint
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Nick » Tue May 04, 2010 12:18 pm

guv111 wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote: I'd put him the transfer list, we're not a charity

That's the point, in a nutshell. We have had no thanks at all (just the opposite, actually) for loaning out Jo and Joe Hart, and this has got to stop right now. What next, signing Torres and Gerrard for £70m and loaning them back to Liverpool? Or maybe we should sign Rooney and loan him back, too? We can afford Robinho's wages easily, so let's recall the twat and give him the platform his effort deserves - a place on the reserves' bench.

exactly what I said. Typircal city play the nice guy too much then still get shat on and slagged off by everyone!
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue May 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Nick wrote:
guv111 wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote: I'd put him the transfer list, we're not a charity

That's the point, in a nutshell. We have had no thanks at all (just the opposite, actually) for loaning out Jo and Joe Hart, and this has got to stop right now. What next, signing Torres and Gerrard for £70m and loaning them back to Liverpool? Or maybe we should sign Rooney and loan him back, too? We can afford Robinho's wages easily, so let's recall the twat and give him the platform his effort deserves - a place on the reserves' bench.

exactly what I said. Typircal city play the nice guy too much then still get shat on and slagged off by everyone!

If he has a starring role for Brasil in the WC then we will have no real problem offloading him for around 30 mil imo.

On a personal note Im pissed off to fuck he,s decided to open his mouth negatively about us which has made me think he can go fuck himself.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Tue May 04, 2010 2:17 pm

it isnt what rob wants, he is still a manchester city player, and its up to manchester city what they want to do with him, i would sell him to santos for 20-25 mill and if they carnt pay that, then he comes back, stright into the res and plays in front of a few hundred people, oh i forgot, hes doing that at santos.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby brite blu sky » Tue May 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Why isn't Robinho grateful that we've allowed him to go somewhere that he enjoys his football, can get in shape for the World Cup & swan around in the sun at the same time? Why doesn't he show us some respect by keeping his mouth shut ? He should be telling everyone how great we've been in helping him, not how miserable he was & how small-time we are.

Seeing as he has no respect for us, let's have none for him. Treat him like a piece of meat & use him in a way that we get the best for our club. Bollocks to what he wants, we owe him nothing, why help him to take the piss out of us?

Why.. because he is jealous.. thats why.

Im going to stick my neck out and say we should bring him back.. give him a serious good talking to and let him decide what he wants to do.. if he has got it in him to become a better player or not and if he wants to become famous with Manchester City. No illusions though he would have to do a hell of a lot of work, and would probably mean a loan spell at another Prem club to show he is both serious and capable.

I think he would reject it out of misplaced petulance or arrogance.. but i would give him the chance
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby HeyMark » Tue May 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Hope he has a cracking world cup, that way if he doesn't want to come back we'll be able to demand a decent price for him
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum