Luton Town Supporter Pitch Invasion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Luton Town Supporter Pitch Invasion

Postby Florida Blue » Mon May 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Just watching SSN and seeing the un-impeccable behavior of the Luton fans at due to the upset loss to York at Kennilworth Road. I am curious, has City ever been involved in one? Or if not City have any of you ever been in one?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Luton Town Supporter Pitch Invasion

Postby irblinx » Mon May 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Lots of times in the bad old days
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 pm

irblinx wrote:Lots of times in the bad old days

Against Spurs funnily enough.........there was more mounted police on the pitch than at little big horn.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby King Kev » Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 pm

When Luton relegated us in the 80s mate. Thousands of blues on the pitch at the end with reports of their goalkeeper and goal-scorer (Antic) being punched and kicked.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 4:16 pm

King Kev wrote:When Luton relegated us in the 80s mate. Thousands of blues on the pitch at the end with reports of their goalkeeper and goal-scorer (Antic) being punched and kicked.

I was there !! crying outside the ground whilst loads of city fans tipped over a black Moria Van.

I was glad that cunt got a smack though.celebrating infront of the Kippax the fucking mong.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Mon May 03, 2010 4:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
King Kev wrote:When Luton relegated us in the 80s mate. Thousands of blues on the pitch at the end with reports of their goalkeeper and goal-scorer (Antic) being punched and kicked.

I was there !! crying outside the ground whilst loads of city fans tipped over a black Moria Van.

I was glad that cunt got a smack though.celebrating infront of the Kippax the fucking mong.
I was there too mate. It was the first time City made me cry, unfortunately isn't wasn't the last!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john68 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:24 pm

When i was a kid, it was sort of traditional for the kids an Maine Road to run onto the pitch at the end of the last home game of the season. That was before all the trouble and security wasn't an issue.
During the 60s, I remember the big pitch invasion when we won promotion in '66. All gathered round the players tunnel singing, dancing and chanting. City used to set up a sort of scaffolding type Wembley steps thing above the tunnel and present the cups from there.
There was a huge City invasion at St Jame's park when we won the League and a few months later when we battered West Brom in the Charity Shield at Maine Road the fans went on and actually got the Shield off the players for a short time and ran round the pitch with it.

The two worst I remember were the one when we lost to Spurs in the FA Cup and after the Chelsea game when we were relegated.

The funniest was the rags invading the swamp just after Law's backheel. The sad bastards tried to stop the game so the result wouldn't stand. They failed and they went down. Leeds fans tried the same and failed in FA Cup at Elland Road some years later.

When we were relegated at West Ham, the Hammers fans invaded the pitch and stood below the City fans chanting CITY showing us a massive respect.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john68 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:39 pm

The one I inadverdantly led...
Hudderfield Town at Leeds Road 1965-66. Half tiome and all the city fans at the back of their tiny Scratching Shed , behind the goal were pushing forward. Those at the front were getting crushed and rolling over the wall to escape being hurt. The Police were manhandling the fans and literally throwing them back into the crowd.
I rolled over the wall and a copper went to grab me but i dodged him...then another and another...I Realised i was on the pitch side and the police went after me so I ran. I got half way across the pitch, looked behind to see where the coppers were and the stand was empty, with thousands of City fans charging over the pitch behind me.
That memory made me smile...:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 4:45 pm

john68 wrote:The one I inadverdantly led...
Hudderfield Town at Leeds Road 1965-66. Half tiome and all the city fans at the back of their tiny Scratching Shed , behind the goal were pushing forward. Those at the front were getting crushed and rolling over the wall to escape being hurt. The Police were manhandling the fans and literally throwing them back into the crowd.
I rolled over the wall and a copper went to grab me but i dodged him...then another and another...I Realised i was on the pitch side and the police went after me so I ran. I got half way across the pitch, looked behind to see where the coppers were and the stand was empty, with thousands of City fans charging over the pitch behind me.

Classic.....you fucking hooligan!!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:56 pm

If only you truly knew Carl......and on the quiet...please don't tell anyone...but that lovely quiet Walshawe Blue has a few memories in his cupboard too.
I will deny posting that if he ever finds out....:-)
john68

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Just been listening to it on the radio, but this used to be normal (ish) occurence years ago. I remember as a kid my dad throwing me over the wall on a couple of occassions, don't know why, we'd only won a game I think. Then onto the 80's in my teens but that wasn't in celebration, but in anger; horses and dogs made sure I stayed well away from the Old Bill. I know it happened at Luton, but wasn't there. In more recent times, the only one I can remember is the Blackburn game when Joe Royle brought us back into the Prem.

Got to say, some great days..........tears in eyes ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nick (duki blues) » Mon May 03, 2010 5:25 pm

nick (duki blues)
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby john68 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Sorry beefy mate but that made me chuckle.
Did your dad throw you over many walls?
Were any of them childrens' homes?
When he chucked you, did he ever run like fuck shouting back "...and don't come back2?

Was he trying to tell you something?
When you came home from school, did you ever find your family had moved house?
Did you ever feel unwanted when you were younger?

Just trying to help mate....:-)
john68

Postby brite blu sky » Mon May 03, 2010 5:41 pm

john68 wrote:The one I inadverdantly led...

pure class
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 03, 2010 5:51 pm

john68 wrote:Sorry beefy mate but that made me chuckle.
Did your dad throw you over many walls?
Were any of them childrens' homes?
When he chucked you, did he ever run like fuck shouting back "...and don't come back2?

Was he trying to tell you something?
When you came home from school, did you ever find your family had moved house?
Did you ever feel unwanted when you were younger?

Just trying to help mate....:-)

Ha ha ha, it wasn't too bad from Maine Road, but try walking back from Ipswich when you were 7 or 8 ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby One cap Whitey » Mon May 03, 2010 6:11 pm

There was a big pitch invasion after the play off semi with Wigan at Maine Road and I got on the pitch at Bradford when we won promotion in 89. Both very good natured invasions though!
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby walmai » Mon May 03, 2010 6:15 pm

nick (duki blues) wrote:here you go the spurs one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6LLL3Yn6Gw

My cousin, aged 17, trained it up there for that (he's a Spud, returning the visit on Wednesday).

Knew he couldn't make it to the station and so was reduced to begging a supporters' bus to just get him away from the stadium. His worst experience as a fan by a long chalk. You horrible bullies.

I was there, Jon, at West Ham. That's how to treat other supporters.
;)
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby john68 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Such a pity that we went down that day and when we came back up you lot were relegated.
We lost that special link that formed between the fans...it was quite awesome.

1965-66....Our game at the valley was called off and a mass of city fans went to Stamford Bridge to support the Hammers v Chelsea. We were welcomed by your fans and we sang and chanted for Allison's old club. You lost 5-2 (I think).

I am really sorry that we have to destroy you on the pitch next weekend Mate...but we have to do what we have to do.
john68

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon May 03, 2010 6:40 pm

first Wednesday and now luton, ffs lets get to following our team and not about pitch invasion
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon May 03, 2010 6:42 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:first Wednesday and now luton, ffs lets get to following our team and not about pitch invasion

? I think you can still talk about other things while following City.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum