Our Beloved British Media - A Prediction

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Our Beloved British Media - A Prediction

Postby King Kev » Mon May 03, 2010 4:03 pm

What is the betting that, in the next few days, there is at least one story plastered all over the papers that is there to try and unsettle the club before one of the biggest games in our recent history?

I'm sorry if I sound paranoid but I wouldn't be surprised to see some headline in the tabloids on Wednesday about this player being unhappy at the club or that player scrapping with that player of another player being involved in some sort of scandal.

I honestly believe that certain parts of the media will do everything in their power to make sure Spurs finish 4th.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Our Beloved British Media - A Prediction

Postby Florida Blue » Mon May 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Well on the surface KK it sounds like paranoia, but without a doubt it is reality.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby irblinx » Mon May 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Almost guaranteed to be a story that Mancini's replacement has signed a contract
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Slim » Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Just a thought on predictions.

From William Hill.
Man City Win:10/11
Draw:12/5
Tottenham Win:9/4
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby razor400 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:47 pm

How does that saying go 'Just because your paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you'
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby kav27 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:53 pm

I think they do more damage than some realise. Although I don't really contribute I am a regular visitor on here. I think I can get a balanced (?) view of media reports just from reactions on here.My dad, a lifelong blue who has passed his blue genes to his children and grandchildren, told me today that he thought Tevez and Bellamy were leaving because most the players don't like Mancini. My dad's not media savvy, and never visits the internet, so he sees and hears the rubbish in the tabloids and thinks there is some substance to it. He's of the generation that thought doctors were always right.If you hear something often enough you start to believe it. I haven't seen any stories about Crouch, Defoe et al as 'Arry is the darling of the media, plus we don't want to upset any potential England players.There's also a lot of sour grapes around because of the money.
kav27
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Hasn't the Micah to Spuds resurfaced and now we've got Ned to the 2nd Class Scouse. Anything else?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 03, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm seeing the 1st signs of 'Tevez to Real Madrid' shite so that could be the 1st one. There's a few Robinho stories wafting about but they'll quickly realise nobody gives a fuck about him & get back onto lying about the players that actually matter.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum