Call to Arms

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Call to Arms

Postby fees » Mon May 03, 2010 7:43 pm

I can't watch this game quietly at home so will be going out to a sports bar to sink a few beers and watch the game with a few of my mate who support Spuds. With the mrs and 2 young kids in bed there is no chance i can keep quiet when Ade slots the first, followed by a Tevez cracker.
fees
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby Sister of fu » Mon May 03, 2010 7:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Its strange what this club does to you...

I can't even imagine trying to watch on wednesday without drinking and smoking like a man possessed.

Actually, if I'm being perfectly honest, its been a while since I was able to sit down watching them. I stand in the doorway of the kitchen for the whole game- can in one hand, smoke in the other. Pretty bizzarre and not likely to improve anytime soon.

I am up and down so much off the sofa I eventually just give up and stand.

I spit at the plasma a lot...normally at the ref.

I must stop doing that as my mrs is getting annoyed with me.

Tell her to go and clean the pirhanna tank out, does she not understand it's CITY.....bloody women eh!!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Its strange what this club does to you...

I can't even imagine trying to watch on wednesday without drinking and smoking like a man possessed.

Actually, if I'm being perfectly honest, its been a while since I was able to sit down watching them. I stand in the doorway of the kitchen for the whole game- can in one hand, smoke in the other. Pretty bizzarre and not likely to improve anytime soon.

I am up and down so much off the sofa I eventually just give up and stand.

I spit at the plasma a lot...normally at the ref.

I must stop doing that as my mrs is getting annoyed with me.

Tell her to go and clean the pirhanna tank out, does she not understand it's CITY.....bloody women eh!!!

LOL - Im not normally superstitious but it is fucking uncanny the amount of times she walks in the room and we go a goal down or lose.....she wont mind going shopping though, small price to pay for me and my lunacy in private .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon May 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Granted I have only been to a handful of City games in my life so far, the Hamburg game was by far not just one of the best games I have ever seen in a football stadium, it was one of the best experiences I ever had.

It would be absolutely amazing if the fans could replicate that atmosphere for the Spurs game.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 03, 2010 8:55 pm

I think Wednesday is a night not just to get loud but loud & nasty. Let those wankers know what we think of them, give their players some serious shit. Fuck this Premier league 'after you Claude' let's appreciate the skill of the opposition bollox. Fuck Richard Keys, Fuck Platini fuck the lot of 'em & fuck Spurs.

Let's get back to City v Leeds at Maine Rd from the 70's & scare the shit out of 'em.

We've had enough of being pushed around by these shandy drinking tossers turning up with 'loaaaaadsa maaaanaaay' & beating our meek, scared, shit sides. We're fucking better than them now so let's show them & that bent twitching twat what they've forgotton.

LET THESE HORRIBLE BIG HEADED CUNTS KNOW THAT THEY'RE IN FUCKING MANCHESTER & CITY ARE BACK.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I think Wednesday is a night not just to get loud but loud & nasty. Let those wankers know what we think of them, give their players some serious shit. Fuck this Premier league 'after you Claude' let's appreciate the skill of the opposition bollox. Fuck Richard Keys, Fuck Platini fuck the lot of 'em & fuck Spurs.

Let's get back to City v Leeds at Maine Rd from the 70's & scare the shit out of 'em.

We've had enough of being pushed around by these shandy drinking tossers turning up with 'loaaaaadsa maaaanaaay' & beating our meek, scared, shit sides. We're fucking better than them now so let's show them & that bent twitching twat what they've forgotton.

LET THESE HORRIBLE BIG HEADED CUNTS KNOW THAT THEY'RE IN FUCKING MANCHESTER & CITY ARE BACK.

Thats the spirit Ted lad...theres too many fucking cucumber muching tennis mentality fans around imo.......I say spit at the opposition and hurl non stop abuse.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon May 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I think Wednesday is a night not just to get loud but loud & nasty. Let those wankers know what we think of them, give their players some serious shit. Fuck this Premier league 'after you Claude' let's appreciate the skill of the opposition bollox. Fuck Richard Keys, Fuck Platini fuck the lot of 'em & fuck Spurs.

It would be amazing if the fans would not only cheer for our own players but at the same time boo and jeer everytime one of their players touches the ball, give them shit for the whole game that has GOT get them shit bricks.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Goataldo » Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

The Hamburg atmosphere was definitely the best I can recall at the Coms. Before that probably the 1-0 over Chelsea for me. We need similar, and as long as we start well, we should be fine. I want Bellamy to be leading to by example, spitting nails for the cause and dragging people up to his level by the scruff of their necks. I have a funny feeling he will pull us through this one.

My mood and optimism goes through severe peaks and troughs in the build up to big games like this, but at the mo I have some real optimism about Wednesday, and it's that optimism, faith, and belief that we need to instill in the players on the night. To be sitting afterwards with head in hands thinking 'we were good enough to have done that' is unthinkable.

Us doing Spurs is long overdue. God I hate them.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Nick » Mon May 03, 2010 10:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Thats the spirit Ted lad...theres too many fucking cucumber muching tennis mentality fans around imo.......I say spit at the opposition and hurl non stop abuse.

LIKES THIS.

Hopefully I wont have to tone my match day 'experience' for the colin bell.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum