Call to Arms

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Call to Arms

Postby Nick » Mon May 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Absolutely buzzing that im going on wednesday now, although wish I was in a different seat and that the match had come after my uni finals! Some quotes from the official site.

''While the club will announce some exciting events that will happen on the night over the next day or so, we want you to bring your scarves, flags, inflatables and make the City of Manchester Stadium a sea of blue.''

''We want you to re-create the
atmosphere for the UEFA Cup
quarter-final with Hamburg last year –
but crank it up another notch''

“We need our fans to be the twelfth, thirteenth and fourteenth man,” said boss Mancini. “Our supporters have been fantastic and we need them to get behind the team from the first minute to the last.”

Gutted I couldnt get a ticket for the Hamburg match. Watching it on TV, it had to be the best atmosphere weve had at COMS? And even going back a number of years at Maine Road.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Call to Arms

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Well mate, I can't speak for every game obviously, but the atmosphere at that Hamburg game was the best I've ever witnessed. It was electric and I was so proud. A truely special night and if we can replicate that passion both on and off the pitch we WILL beat Spurs, no doubt about it.

I really hope everyone gives it their all, because it definitely drives the player on and this is the most important game of my life, just as Hamburg was at the time. I never stopped singing and cheering the players on that night and I think everyone was the same.

Come on lads, please please please GIVE IT LOADS!!!
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Just wanted to add a bit to this. My mates are all coming over at 2am for the game, one is calling in sick for Thursday and the other one has booked a day's hols off. I have moved my meetings to the afternoon in hope I can sleep a little after the game.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Slim wrote:Just wanted to add a bit to this. My mates are all coming over at 2am for the game, one is calling in sick for Thursday and the other one has booked a day's hols off. I have moved my meetings to the afternoon in hope I can sleep a little after the game.

If we win and certainly if we win by a couple of goals - you may be moving those meetings on a bit further, as I'm sure I will!
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Mon May 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:Just wanted to add a bit to this. My mates are all coming over at 2am for the game, one is calling in sick for Thursday and the other one has booked a day's hols off. I have moved my meetings to the afternoon in hope I can sleep a little after the game.

If we win and certainly if we win by a couple of goals - you may be moving those meetings on a bit further, as I'm sure I will!

I had noticed everyone had fucked off on Sunday morning(some time, I didn't really notice) and I was so buzzing I put my head down at 4am and still couldn't get to sleep.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Its strange what this club does to you...

I can't even imagine trying to watch on wednesday without drinking and smoking like a man possessed.

Actually, if I'm being perfectly honest, its been a while since I was able to sit down watching them. I stand in the doorway of the kitchen for the whole game- can in one hand, smoke in the other. Pretty bizzarre and not likely to improve anytime soon.
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Mon May 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:Its strange what this club does to you...

I can't even imagine trying to watch on wednesday without drinking and smoking like a man possessed.

Actually, if I'm being perfectly honest, its been a while since I was able to sit down watching them. I stand in the doorway of the kitchen for the whole game- can in one hand, smoke in the other. Pretty bizzarre and not likely to improve anytime soon.

I am up and down so much off the sofa I eventually just give up and stand.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 2:34 pm

I don't even try and sit down anymore. I had three mates over on Saturday and the mrs of course.

Two of them are scouse fans and of course wanted a Villa win, but they all sat from start to finish and I was stood behind them like a chimney.
I think I'm gonna have to leave monday free. That's the day I'll need off because if we are to be fully celebrating it will be sunday night that we do it!
Original Dub

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon May 03, 2010 3:02 pm

It's the same for me when watching a match on TV, just can't sit back and relax. All the time on the edge of the sofa or jumping up and down.

Gutted I can't be there on weds.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm

If we can re-create the Hamburg atmosphere it will really make people sit up and notice. The whole country more or less is watching this one, but I reckon the Hamburg match was mostly watched only by us.

However the important thing is to win, as calls to arms in the CC semis made fuck all difference in the end!

I've taken the night off so I can get pissed up whilst watching, hopefully in celebration this time!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 03, 2010 4:06 pm

it's funny... i have no history of a terrace-dweller, but it's 1000% natural to watch a football match standing up. i can't sit down for anything in my living room...im standing the whole time...rocking and cursing and cheering like some fucking Rain Man.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby brite blu sky » Mon May 03, 2010 4:06 pm

john@staustell wrote:If we can re-create the Hamburg atmosphere it will really make people sit up and notice. The whole country more or less is watching this one, but I reckon the Hamburg match was mostly watched only by us.

However the important thing is to win, as calls to arms in the CC semis made fuck all difference in the end!

I've taken the night off so I can get pissed up whilst watching, hopefully in celebration this time!

from the obsession thread

Dronny wrote:My name is Paul and I'm a certified member of SHIT - (total spurs hating individual) - I'm also slightly dyslexic. I have nearly 30 years of hatred bubbling away since seeing Tommy H score twice at "our" end in '81, there was a moment of respite when we dicked 'em 3-4 in the Cup a few years ago but mainly I have only see us suffer at the hands of these cockney twats.

I feel that come Wednesday this albatross will finally fly away and I can leave my SHIT behind with my head held high.

Thank you for reading, my name is Paul

the mood is going to be febrile.. Spurs i dont think know quite what they are coming into.. im predicting it is going to be insane.. the fact that it is Spurs just takes it off the scale.. the whole stadium is going be rabid
we might have to send a ball boy down to their dressing room to ask them to come out for the second half.. cos everyone is waiting.. ;)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nick » Mon May 03, 2010 4:20 pm

john@staustell wrote:If we can re-create the Hamburg atmosphere it will really make people sit up and notice. The whole country more or less is watching this one, but I reckon the Hamburg match was mostly watched only by us.

To be fair where I was in the first half of the CC semi was the worst atmosphere I have experienced at COMS! I was appalled!

I think it should be scientifically proven that good postive atmosphere = the team being lifted.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Slim wrote:

I am up and down so much off the sofa I eventually just give up and stand.

I spit at the plasma a lot...normally at the ref.

I must stop doing that as my mrs is getting annoyed with me.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 4:29 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

it's funny... i have no history of a terrace-dweller, but it's 1000% natural to watch a football match standing up. i can't sit down for anything in my living room...im standing the whole time...rocking and cursing and cheering like some fucking Rain Man.

cheers

Aye that's me, stepping from foot to foot and muttering like a hobo on the street.

Still, I love every minute of it.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Aye that's me, stepping from foot to foot and muttering like a hobo on the street.

My Mrs will NOT be in the house at all on wednesday..........she,s fit as fuck but a complete and utter Jonah.
Ill give her 2 dollars to go shopping with.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 4:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

My Mrs will NOT be in the house at all on wednesday..........she,s fit as fuck but a complete and utter Jonah.

That's so fucking sound of you. And cunts say romance is dead?

My mrs loves the games, so it makes it so easy. Although lately she seems to give out about players more than I do and I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing or not...

Anyway, I'll have candles and scarves all over the place on Wed night... although not right beside each other. Its about the best I can do in spirit
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

That's so fucking sound of you. And cunts say romance is dead?

My mrs loves the games, so it makes it so easy. Although lately she seems to give out about players more than I do and I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing or not...

Anyway, I'll have candles and scarves all over the place on Wed night... although not right beside each other. Its about the best I can do in spirit

Are the candles for some kind of kinky after match celebration?...the scarves I understand...but the candles!!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 03, 2010 4:54 pm

No mate, its something that was always around me when I was a nipper. Everytime there was a crucial time for anyone (health, interviews etc), my mam would have the place lit up like vegas.

I dunno if it works, but I'm gonna test it out on Wednesday and we'll see what happens....

And if we win, then yes, there is a chance the shit could get kinky - I've been known to go from spiritual to sexual in 0.3
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:No mate, its something that was always around me when I was a nipper. Everytime there was a crucial time for anyone (health, interviews etc), my mam would have the place lit up like vegas.

I dunno if it works, but I'm gonna test it out on Wednesday and we'll see what happens....

And if we win, then yes, there is a chance the shit could get kinky - I've been known to go from spiritual to sexual in 0.3

Ha ha ha ha - fair enough.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum