Fantasy Football.... If Things Were Differently

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What Would You Do?

Are you out of your mind? SHOW ME THE MONEY! I'd still love City but someone needs to feed the kids.
80%
I'm CTID. I could NEVER move from the Club I love, even if that'd make me biggest joker in history of football and my club wanted to sell me to ease their financial troubles.
20%

Total votes : 10

Fantasy Football.... If Things Were Differently

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 4:30 pm

Spin off from another topic. What would you do in this situation?

It's year 1998. You are a top footballing talent and product of City's youth Academy. You are making 1000 k/w which is nice money but you've broken into England U21's and are being talked as next big thing. City is in 2nd division right now. So big clubs come knocking at City's door with offers of over million pounds. They are willing to do the deal. You are being offered 20k/w and chance to go to Premier League. So what do you do? Be toppest of all Blues ever, you are CTID after all, and stay with City no matter what? Or do you you take offer by let's say Aston Villa? That will set you and your family financially for life and chance to do some great things on the pitch.

What would you do? Take up the offer? Or stay in City?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Fantasy Football.... I Things Were Differently

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Spin off from another topic. What would you do in this situation?

It's year 1998. You are a top footballing talent and product of City's youth Academy. You are making 1000 k/w which is nice money but you've broken into England U21's and are being talked as next big thing. City is in 2nd division right now. So big clubs come knocking at City's door with offers of over million pounds. They are willing to do the deal. You are being offered 20k/w and chance to go to Premier League. So what do you do? Be toppest of all Blues ever, you are CTID after all, and stay with City no matter what? Or do you you take offer by let's say Aston Villa? That will set you and your family financially for life and chance to do some great things on the pitch.

Sorry, but this is a non-questions. Club fans are club fans. Footballers are footballers.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 4:34 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Spin off from another topic. What would you do in this situation?

Sorry, but this is a non-questions. Club fans are club fans. Footballers are footballers.

It'd be tough decision in all honesty but I'd take the option one as well. It's my profession after all.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: Fantasy Football.... If Things Were Differently

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Money.

If city improve and get to the same standard that I'm at, I'll join them no hassle. Failing that, I'll re join when my career is on the slide and, again, we're at the same level.

You get one shot to play football and if you're one of the best, you need to play in one of the best teams.
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Sun May 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Show me the money.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Slim » Sun May 02, 2010 4:56 pm

mr_nool wrote:

And yet....Matthew Le Tissier.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Slim wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Le Tissier himself said in one intrview that people think that he was crazy not to move BUT that the truth was that no one ever came in with serious bid for him so he never really had the chance to move elsewhere.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun May 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Slim wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Le Tissier himself said in one intrview that people think that he was crazy not to move BUT that the truth was that no one ever came in with serious bid for him so he never really had the chance to move elsewhere.

And, Southampton were in the top division all that time.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun May 02, 2010 5:34 pm

I'd take the money and go, and hpe to go back to City eventually, at the end of my career or if they go back to the top flight.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Kladze » Sun May 02, 2010 7:02 pm

No way you could put fan loyalty over a professional career option.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Return to The Maine Football forum