Dream disintegrating

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dream disintegrating

Postby leckhamptonblue » Sun May 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Last Summer we had the prospect of the club building a side balanced between big name buys and our own homegrown stars from the academy.

Now, with all the speculation mounting, it seems as if we are set to abandon many of our academy stars (Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Richards) as well as shedding the firepower up front (Tevez and Adebayor).

What is the point of getting excited about Champions League qualification - many of those who are supposed to be fighting for it on the pitch won't be here in July, and so can hardly be expected to care whether or not it happens for City.

Is the heart being ripped out of the club?
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind - Aristotle
leckhamptonblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Re: Dream disintegrating

Postby Diggerman » Sun May 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Newspapers dont always print the gospel truth.
Diggerman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Mmmmmmm, I'll have to think about that one.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Some ace posts flying around here. Gather together all the rumours in tabloids, spice it with some agenda of your own, put it in oven and after 30 mins we get this.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby leckhamptonblue » Sun May 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Forgot to mention Bellamy going too!

Now that WOULD be a tragedy.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind - Aristotle
leckhamptonblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun May 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Some ace posts flying around here. Gather together all the rumours in tabloids, spice it with some agenda of your own, put it in oven and after 30 mins we get this.

Haha well said.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beeks » Sun May 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Some ace posts flying around here. Gather together all the rumours in tabloids, spice it with some agenda of your own, put it in oven and after 30 mins we get this.

never known anything like it antti!

we are on the verge of the most exciting times ever seen but people still want to speculate and moan

laughable
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 02, 2010 3:45 pm

That's one of the most negative posts I've ever read on here.

Were you on the sunday supplement earlier?
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Fuck me there are some pessimists on here lately.

If our academy has a player capable of competing at the top then they will play for City ,,,If Mancini is still Manager then thats a racing certainty given he has given more academy players a chance this season than anyone I can remember.

Im fucking happy as Larry looking at the prospect of being up there with the Madrids et al in the not too distant future and Im sure we will produce a few academy players along the way...dont know why some fans are having panic attacks.

We are City 2010 and not City 1996 - we are evolving, get used to it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun May 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Dream's just beginning, chief.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun May 02, 2010 3:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fuck me there are some pessimists on here lately.

I think they are trolling to be honest.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Do you know what I really like about your SI sig? It's the way he looks above in a "you must be fucking crazy" kinda way. Very fitting for this thread!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby sweenyuk » Sun May 02, 2010 3:52 pm

To be fair the newspapers know far more than anyone else, after all they were full of stories in December of us signing Johnson and Vieira and everyone knew the season tickets were going up in price... oh hang on a minute, maybe they got those wrong too....

Forget the press, the club now keep everything secret, the future is bright, the future is blue....
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 3:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fuck me there are some pessimists on here lately.

If our academy has a player capable of competing at the top then they will play for City ,,,If Mancini is still Manager then thats a racing certainty given he has given more academy players a chance this season than anyone I can remember.

Im fucking happy as Larry looking at the prospect of being up there with the Madrids et al in the not too distant future and Im sure we will produce a few academy players along the way...dont know why some fans are having panic attacks.

We are City 2010 and not City 1996 - we are evolving, get used to it.

That's what's extra weird about this. Boyata, Nimley, Weiss and rest of them have had games under Mancini and Ireland, Nedum, SWP and Micah still very much regular members of the first team (if not starting line up) so I find questioning the chances our own Academy players get tad weird. But we are in business end of the season and I wouldn't want to see Boyata's and Nimley's on the pitch and our products have to earn their place in line up just like everyone else.

But hey ho, if you want to believe everything the tabloids write then go ahead.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 3:54 pm

sweenyuk wrote:To be fair the newspapers know far more than anyone else, after all they were full of stories in December of us signing Johnson and Vieira and everyone knew the season tickets were going up in price... oh hang on a minute, maybe they got those wrong too....

Forget the press, the club now keep everything secret, the future is bright, the future is blue....

Yeah, and I'm still waiting for Buffon, Mido, Villa, Ronaldinho et al showing up. And to be honest, this Kaka tattoo on my forehead is starting to piss me off.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 02, 2010 3:58 pm

If the likes of SWP, Ireland and Richards are not good enough to play where we are going then so be it they get shipped out. I'm sorry but there is nil room for sentiment if you want us to dine at the biggest table. Look at a Dunnie a great servent to the club but just not quite good enought for the direction we are heading in. I found his sale as most on here (apart from Ant) sad but I'm over it and looking towards the future.

I have got to the point where it's win at all costs and if that means selling players who I personally love then so be it. I just wanna win a trophy and that's all that matters to me now. But this is just my take on it.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Mmmmmmm, I'll have to think about that one.

Now that I have had chance to think about it, I've come to the conclusion that you must not be happy with what we are doing and where we are going. And, if you actually knew something about us you'd know that there is massive investment in our youth set-up worldwide.

Are you sure you're not from some media source trying to get a a negative reaction from the poor down-trodden supporters?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun May 02, 2010 4:33 pm

If their not good enough to take us to the next level, then they'res no point in keeping them. This is the future, we cant live in the past anymore
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Vhero » Sun May 02, 2010 4:33 pm

loads of young lads being given the chance here like ned still playing and Mancini constantly giving youngsters a chance most pointless thread ever.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby crossan » Sun May 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Yet again a post that is divisive at a time when we all should be getting 100% behind the club/team,its not needed.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum