Fan protest?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fan protest?

Postby Beeks » Sun May 02, 2010 6:31 pm

abbeyhey wrote:who's that t**t from argentina
who's that money grabbin whore
carlos tevez is his name
and he musnt have a brain
coz he wont be winnin trophies anymore

well he wasn't going to be satisfied with a Carling Cup while watching Chelsea do the double..so he came to a club with ambition ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby simon12 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

carlos tevez is his name

Just changed my sons nappy and what was waiting for me...a rag.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carlos tevez is his name

well he wasn't going to be satisfied with a Carling Cup while watching Chelsea do the double..so he came to a club with ambition ;-)

quality IBH why do these horrible rag twats keep coming on here all obsessed about the mighty blues
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby abbeyhey » Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carlos tevez is his name

ambition? to finish 4TH? great ambition! league cup is more than city have won

mancini is there leader
tevez is there god
Vieira is a has been
bellamys a knob
they were heading off to europe
like back in 69
then scholesy jumped for a header
and scored in fergie time
this is how it feels to be city
this is how it feels to be small
this is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all
abbeyhey
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: england
My favourite player is: messi

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carlos tevez is his name

quality IBH why do these horrible rag twats keep coming on here all obsessed about the mighty blues
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby simon12 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:44 pm

abbeyhey wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carlos tevez is his name

mancini is there leader
tevez is there god
Vieira is a has been
bellamys a knob
like back in 69

this is how it feels when money means nothing at all

Will you EVER be able to EVER sing anything like that again...especially after the loss you will take on berbaflop.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Nickyboy » Sun May 02, 2010 6:46 pm

abbeyhey wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carlos tevez is his name

mancini is there leader
tevez is there god
Vieira is a has been
bellamys a knob
like back in 69

Rumour has it that Steven Gerrard is off to Chelsea next season - he was certainly playing for them today.....

Whats the matter fuctard? realised your title challenge is over so thought you'd come here to try wind us up - well you might as well make the most of it cos this is the last season you'll be able to do it. You've already done all your summer spending - a shit defender from fulham, an unknown mexican and resigning scholes and neville - your star is falling as the blue moon rises
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby King Kev » Sun May 02, 2010 6:47 pm

abbeyhey has now left the building.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beeks » Sun May 02, 2010 6:49 pm

abbeyhey wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carlos tevez is his name

ambition? to finish 4TH? great ambition!

I bet you're praying every night we don't get fourth..I bet it keeps you awake at night..because you know..like every other rag twat knows..that if we can offer CL football your little Stretford club is fucked..who the fuck will want to sign for you? Rooney will fuck off to Madrid to service your debt..you won't be able to compete on the transfer Market and you will end up like the scousers harping on about your history..

Welcome to Manchester

Welcome to your future..
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 6:53 pm

carlos tevez is his name

Whatever happened to "Fergie sign him up"?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 7:08 pm

lythamblue wrote:Yep, I suppose I will stick it out next year and just hope for the best thereafter.

To be honest (I will admit this) through business I often have corporate seats but rarely use them. Our sales team use them and matchdays for me are a family thing which I try to separate from business. However, yesterday I was in a box in the East Stand and on Wednesday we will all be in the Mancunian Suite. I had a great time ..... but not with my family.

But, I would much prefer to stay where I am and watch games with my family (and people like you that I have got to know over the years) and not with my business connections. On matchdays I want to talk about City not future projects and opportunities for mutual growth etc. I need to separate something away from work and this is one of the best ways I have found of doing it as it keeps me normal. In any case, my mood swings on match days can vary greatly dependant on the result and therefore it is not a conducive atmoshere for business. Watching other teams as a neutral perhaps, but not when I am watching City.

If it makes you feel any better, no one at the club really knows what's happening next year and it is all up in the air. 'Premium' seats may just be as they are now with carpet on the concourse! How much more can they charge for that? It all depends on what future demand they have and the take up of changing hospitality offers etc. It would seem that nothing has yet been decided.

So there you go mate, you use corporate on occasion and enjoy the experience. For the club it is much needed income and by providing bigger and better packages to rival, if not to eclipse our rivals, then this can only be a good thing for our long term financial stability.

And Saul, you mention about eating into the SS and possibly displacing more of the fans, well I'm sure those feasibility studies that have been done on the stadium will surely have contingences in place to cover when we do need the expansion, maybe we could even have a Saul & Lytham Bar in reporation ;-)
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Sun May 02, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Sun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm

King Kev wrote:abbeyhey has now left the building.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
carlos tevez is his name

Whatever happened to "Fergie sign him up"?

Thats the problem with 29 goal Carlos Tevez, no "end product" and "doesn't score enough" - thats why Ushited kept Berbaflop because unlike Tevez he...... hang on a minute Norwich fans ..... woops, you kept the wrong one - ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:abbeyhey has now left the building.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just when it was getting interesting. Shame really, we could've talked about the debt mountain, green and yellow scalves and how the Glazers are going to bleed them dry like a Vampire on Speed. And not forgetting their 3 new 35 year old signings; quality ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 02, 2010 7:16 pm

abbeyhey wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carlos tevez is his name

mancini is there leader
tevez is there god
Vieira is a has been
bellamys a knob
like back in 69

I knew the ginger cunt was old but not that fucking old.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 7:22 pm

U-n-i, t-e-d, that spells lots of debt to me,
with a nick-nack-paddy-wack give the dog a bone,
Ocean finance on the phone.

Or

Adebayor, Adebayoooooooor,
Costs less than Berbaflop,
and scores a lot more.

Or

...oh I can't be bothered!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lythamblue » Sun May 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
lythamblue wrote:Yep, I suppose I will stick it out next year and just hope for the best thereafter.

To be honest (I will admit this) through business I often have corporate seats but rarely use them. Our sales team use them and matchdays for me are a family thing which I try to separate from business. However, yesterday I was in a box in the East Stand and on Wednesday we will all be in the Mancunian Suite. I had a great time ..... but not with my family.

But, I would much prefer to stay where I am and watch games with my family (and people like you that I have got to know over the years) and not with my business connections. On matchdays I want to talk about City not future projects and opportunities for mutual growth etc. I need to separate something away from work and this is one of the best ways I have found of doing it as it keeps me normal. In any case, my mood swings on match days can vary greatly dependant on the result and therefore it is not a conducive atmoshere for business. Watching other teams as a neutral perhaps, but not when I am watching City.

If it makes you feel any better, no one at the club really knows what's happening next year and it is all up in the air. 'Premium' seats may just be as they are now with carpet on the concourse! How much more can they charge for that? It all depends on what future demand they have and the take up of changing hospitality offers etc. It would seem that nothing has yet been decided.

So there you go mate, you use corporate on occasion and enjoy the experience. For the club it is much needed income and by providing bigger and better packages to rival, if not to eclipse our rivals, then this can only be a good thing for our long term financial stability.

And Saul, you mention about eating into the SS and possibly displacing more of the fans, well I'm sure those feasibility studies that have been done on the stadium will surely have contingences in place to cover when we do need the expansion, maybe we could even have a Saul & Lytham Bar in reporation ;-)

Beefy ..... can you read? I said ..... I rarely use my corporate seats and much prefer my sasoncards in 207!

I could now be forced into being in another corporate area and thus reducing my choices and definately reducing my matchday experience ..... which the Club insist they are trying to increase.

Also, what's all your bollox about "much needed income"? the club don't NEED my income .... or yours for that matter. We are a PR tool for Abu Dhabi. The club needs success on the pitch to show the world what they can do. That will still cost a few hundred million more and increased ticket revenues will be negligible within the biger picture.

What happened to 'responding to our long term supporters and retaining the soul of the club etc??

Finally, I think your idea of the Saul & Lytham Bar ....... is a really good one and should have been included within the survey they sent out with all the other loaded and meaningless questions.

Listen mate ...... some on here that know me and know what I do for a living will confirm to you that personally, I could possibly stand to gain massively if MCFC increase the corporate hospitality facilities from a business point of view.

However, with my City Fan hat on ..... I have to admit that I still believe what they are trying to do in East/West Level 2 is wrong.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 8:06 pm

lythamblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Beefy ..... can you read? I said ..... I rarely use my corporate seats and much prefer my sasoncards in 207!

I could now be forced into being in another corporate area and thus reducing my choices and definately reducing my matchday experience ..... which the Club insist they are trying to increase.

Also, what's all your bollox about "much needed income"? the club don't NEED my income .... or yours for that matter. We are a PR tool for Abu Dhabi. The club needs success on the pitch to show the world what they can do. That will still cost a few hundred million more and increased ticket revenues will be negligible within the biger picture.

What happened to 'responding to our long term supporters and retaining the soul of the club etc??

Finally, I think your idea of the Saul & Lytham Bar ....... is a really good one and should have been included within the survey they sent out with all the other loaded and meaningless questions.

Listen mate ...... some on here that know me and know what I do for a living will confirm to you that personally, I could possibly stand to gain massively if MCFC increase the corporate hospitality facilities from a business point of view.

However, with my City Fan hat on ..... I have to admit that I still believe what they are trying to do is wrong.

Fuck me there was no need for that; did I hit a nerve? As I've highlighted, you went hospitality and are doing the same on Wednesday, so if you can enjoy it then why can't others who can afford the expense? And in reality, it is the current corporate/hospitality users that are forcing the club into a decision by showing that there is a market for it.

As for the 'Bollox ' point, you are obviously right about the PR, but isn't our ultimate aim to be self-sufficient? You know as well as we all do that the Sheikh had to right off the debt owed to him and put it into equity, just as Abramovich had to. Why was this, was it just a fad to follow Chelsea or was the reason because they are looking for the club to be within the new UEFA rules come 2015? And if we are to turn ourselves into the world's leading club can this be done whilst being barred by the world's best competition due to a breach of financial regulations?

The soul of the club will never be taken away from the fans as the true fans will always be there regardless. They may not be sat in corporate seats or chomping on prawn sandwiches, but they'll be there, in the SS, in the NS, and everwhere around the stadium. When the need comes for more of our long lost supporters to come back and we need more hospitality shelters, then I'm pretty sure, as you are, that plans are in place to extend/rebuild the stadium.

As for knowing you mate, I don't really need to as I've read enough of your posts to get a decent picture. Your posts are always well received by me and I fully respect what you have to say as a City supporter and a man to boot. But please don't try to stuff it down my throat, you may have a a lot to gain from the possible extension of current facilities but prefer to see it from a fans point of view. Can I tell you what I gain from this, I get to live in the security that my club is not going to do a Leeds, that my club is actually planning for tomorrow not just today, that my club have put things into place that benefit the whole community not just the club and most of all that my kids and grand kids may have a club that they can look to as not just a social event as I have over the years, but as a world trend setter that shines out from the rest.

And my last point, we all know what our owners want to do with the club and surrounding areas, and have proved so far that they want the best. If this is a hurdle that we have to get over to attain those future plans, then I'm more than happy to put myself out a little for the long-term future of the club.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lythamblue » Sun May 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
lythamblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

However, with my City Fan hat on ..... I have to admit that I still believe what they are trying to do is wrong.

Fuck me there was no need for that; did I hit a nerve? As I've highlighted, you went hospitality and are doing the same on Wednesday, so if you can enjoy it then why can't others who can afford the expense? And in reality, it is the current corporate/hospitality users that are forcing the club into a decision by showing that there is a market for it.

As for the 'Bollox ' point, you are obviously right about the PR, but isn't our ultimate aim to be self-sufficient? You know as well as we all do that the Sheikh had to right off the debt owed to him and put it into equity, just as Abramovich had to. Why was this, was it just a fad to follow Chelsea or was the reason because they are looking for the club to be within the new UEFA rules come 2015? And if we are to turn ourselves into the world's leading club can this be done whilst being barred by the world's best competition due to a breach of financial regulations?

The soul of the club will never be taken away from the fans as the true fans will always be there regardless. They may not be sat in corporate seats or chomping on prawn sandwiches, but they'll be there, in the SS, in the NS, and everwhere around the stadium. When the need comes for more of our long lost supporters to come back and we need more hospitality shelters, then I'm pretty sure, as you are, that plans are in place to extend/rebuild the stadium.

As for knowing you mate, I don't really need to as I've read enough of your posts to get a decent picture. Your posts are always well received by me and I fully respect what you have to say as a City supporter and a man to boot. But please don't try to stuff it down my throat, you may have a a lot to gain from the possible extension of current facilities but prefer to see it from a fans point of view. Can I tell you what I gain from this, I get to live in the security that my club is not going to do a Leeds, that my club is actually planning for tomorrow not just today, that my club have put things into place that benefit the whole community not just the club and most of all that my kids and grand kids may have a club that they can look to as not just a social event as I have over the years, but as a world trend setter that shines out from the rest.

And my last point, we all know what our owners want to do with the club and surrounding areas, and have proved so far that they want the best. If this is a hurdle that we have to get over to attain those future plans, then I'm more than happy to put myself out a little for the long-term future of the club.

First of all chill .... I wasn't having a go at you.

However, you seem to have missed the point (indeed many of them)..... If you believe all the PR then it shouldn't be about what people can afford .... it should be about what they want. Manyoonited is all about what you can afford, do you want be another THEM?

My reason for hinting I could have a lot to gain from increased hospitality facilities, was merely to enforce my point that even though I accepted as a businessman it was good ...... I had to concede that as a Fan it wasn't good at all. In other words, 'I' should actually be for this change .... not against it.

Why can't a 'soul of the club' fan sit in level 2? Are you saying that real fans should have to settle for the cheap seats or whatever they can't sell to corporates?

Don't worry about the future and security, we are not going to be another Leeds. We are an extension of the AD Tourist board and merely a marketing excersise with a very large budget. Self sufficiency may be an aim but it is not essential to our survival and the club are not concerned about Platini and his regulations because there a a million ways around them. The Club can expand it's income in may ways without removing long term fans from their prefereed seating areas and replacing them with corporates. The corporate areas we have now are rarely full and the emphasis should stay on improving those .

There are also may ways to improve the match day experience for everyday fans (which i am glad are being looked at) ..... moving people who don't want to be removed is not one of them I believe should be considered.

Finally, what have I tried to shove down your throat ..... I can's ee what or where . Again, if you knew me you would realise that's just not my style.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon May 03, 2010 12:21 am

I dont want to appear like defending the owners, which I am doing, but suggesting that they are trying to squeeze everything out of the fans is .......... (put any word that refers to max level of absurdity and hilarity)

Well actually, now I thought about it, it makes perfect sense.

Khaldoon: Your highness, how about Man City? They wont cost us much, I reckon half a billion for the full package.
Sheikh: Nice one! How much you reckon we'll get when we get out?
Khaldoon: Well, it depends on our success.
Sheikh: Oh, so we'll be working on sponsors?
Khaldoon: erm, no your highness, we will sponsor the club.
Sheikh: Eh? What is in there for us then?
Khaldoon: Do you know that a 5% increase in ticket prices would get us at least extra 1M every year?
Sheikh: You are joking!
Khaldoon: No shit Sheikh, in 5 years we'd get around 10M from our 5% strategy alone.
Sheikh: What about the fans? Wont they get pissed off?
Khaldoon: Noooo, they wont notice it. Here is the plan. In our first full season, we'll cut adult ticket prices by 7% and 16-21 tickets by 17% and we'll give them extra few months to pay. The year after, when they are all hooked in, we'll do a 5% increase but they wont bother after last years discount + improved facilities. By then, when we'll be in CL, we'll do the killer move of 7% increase in prices.
Sheikh: Another increase?
Khaldoon: Dont worry your highness, they wont notice. We'll keep shuffling them every year from one stand to another and they wont know the value of their seats.
Sheikh: Genuis !! Call Shina !

Now on a serious point, of course the main source of income for every business is its customers (fans in club's case), but I just cant see the owners exploiting the current channels (ie ticket prices). It can be through new developments, franchise, name it, but not tickets because it aint worth it in the wider context.

In my view, the owners achieved a lot of their targets already. Now what is left is actually delivering the promises and achieving sustained success, and this cant be done without the fans. I am certain they need to keep them on board.

As for the way they've done it and lack of time and clear information, I agree it is annoying.
However, last year they did take their time to see whether we'll be in Europe before deciding on prices, this year it happened again and we had to wait until late and with the re organisation of the fans, a hassle like this was bound to happen. Its sad but I think some people should take one for the team and get on with it. I am not having a go at anyone, I am just saying thats the reality of change. Afterall, every change the owners make will reflect on the club when they are gone and it will be left for the fans.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum