MoTD

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MoTD

Postby King Kev » Sun May 02, 2010 12:26 pm

ant london wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just watched it and apart from the obvious bias, how can these people actually think they can get away with such blatant bullshit. Hansen actually went on to talk about how good Villa's back line were, exaggerating the point that Dunne and Colins were in perfect positions as Ade had already run through them, yes, Ade had turned them and was running onto the ball only for Friedal to grasp it in front of him! Didn't he realise that they let 3 goals in?

The whole thing was led by Linekar, aided and abetted by 2 sour scouse twats and let loose on the public by an antiquated and clearly biased BBC. To come out with clear bullshit as analysis is typical of such a shit programmer, and to allow the likes of Hansen and Twatenson speel such shit makes me wonder why I watch.

One positive was that Hansen nearly choked on his tongue when he was talking of Spurs winning that last spot, not actually believing his own brand of shit-stain. Oh, and not forgetting both of their faces when Linekar mentioned how shit Liverpool were ;-)

don't suppose anyone has seen the full highlights anywhere on t'interweb have they?

[urlnp=http://www.footytube.com/video/manchester-city-aston-villa-may01-41426]HERE[/urlnp]
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby guv111 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:18 pm

The Original Special One wrote:
guv111 wrote:Glad I avoided it, as usual. All it does these days is irritate me - if it's not the smug bastards who sprouted roots there years ago, it's fake City fan Lee "sell-out" Dixon; if it's not them, it's the slot we are put in; if it's not that it's the editing which is usually unflattering... I'm not even suggesting that MoTD is biased against City, I'm just saying it's an anachronistic, boring, smug sack of incompetent shite.

Looking forward to getting Sky Sports back for next season.

Dixon is even worse than Phil "Yes, Boss, No Boss...Three Bags Full, Boss" Neal
He's not only sold his soul,...but his guts, too!

He was the co-commentator (or whatever it's called now) on Arsenal v City a few weeks ago, and he was following the Alan Green route of moaning because there hadn't been a goal (which, in my book, is basically moaning for the sake of moaning), and he was going on about how he wanted one team to score. This was near the end of the match and a goal would have won it. He clearly didn't care than a win for Arsenal would have meant practically nothing as they had 3rd sown up and couldn't realistically be caught, or that a defeat for City would have meant that our quest for fourth would have taken a hit. It was all about his selfish wish to see a goal. How old is he, 10? I really wish pundits and journalists would come clean about their preferences. That would mean Alan Green admitting his Liverpool bias; certain journos admitting to their antipathy towards City; and famous fans telling us that while they may have supported a certain club as a boy, 20 years at another had by now made them indifferent.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 1:27 pm

I think people have a common misconception with regard to Lee Dixon. He is not on MotD because he supports City, but because he played for Arsenal.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Original Special One » Sun May 02, 2010 1:29 pm

guv111 wrote:
guv111 wrote:Glad I avoided it, as usual. All it does these days is irritate me - if it's not the smug bastards who sprouted roots there years ago, it's fake City fan Lee "sell-out" Dixon; if it's not them, it's the slot we are put in; if it's not that it's the editing which is usually unflattering... I'm not even suggesting that MoTD is biased against City, I'm just saying it's an anachronistic, boring, smug sack of incompetent shite.

Looking forward to getting Sky Sports back for next season.

Dixon is even worse than Phil "Yes, Boss, No Boss...Three Bags Full, Boss" Neal
He's not only sold his soul,...but his guts, too!

He was the co-commentator (or whatever it's called now) on Arsenal v City a few weeks ago, and he was following the Alan Green route of moaning because there hadn't been a goal (which, in my book, is basically moaning for the sake of moaning), and he was going on about how he wanted one team to score. This was near the end of the match and a goal would have won it. He clearly didn't care than a win for Arsenal would have meant practically nothing as they had 3rd sown up and couldn't realistically be caught, or that a defeat for City would have meant that our quest for fourth would have taken a hit. It was all about his selfish wish to see a goal. How old is he, 10? I really wish pundits and journalists would come clean about their preferences. That would mean Alan Green admitting his Liverpool bias; certain journos admitting to their antipathy towards City; and famous fans telling us that while they may have supported a certain club as a boy, 20 years at another had by now made them indifferent.

he hardly looks a day older than Gary Lineker.
speaking of whom,....one benefit of still looking like a teenager,.......
That hot new wife of his!
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 02, 2010 1:30 pm

I actually used to like Hansen as a pundit and respected his views (as long as it wasn't about scouse 1). But I almost spat my tea this morning when I heard his comments. What a fucking tool! It was far from a flat match (3-1 for fuck's sake), and we had a lot of chances plus three penalty claims (I still count Dunne's tackle on Tevez as a genuine penalty claim - I'm still to see a replay to prove me wrong) before Villa scored against the play.

And I did see MAX, but not LAHAD. A strapping lad like Max (especially with his eyebrows) stand out more than good ol' Kiers.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun May 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Watched goals on Sunday this morning and they certainly had a different, more accurate approach. Kammie, Ian payne or whatever he's called and Mick McCarthy all agreed it was a fantastic game and payne even said he watched the whole thing 'and it was a great advertisement for the English game'.

Just like top of the pops succumbed to music downloads, match of the day is now almost completely irrelevant with football first/goals on sunday/soccer Saturday. Even match of the day 2 shits all over it. The bitterness on display from hansen and phil Thompson at various points of yesterday was laughable.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Watched goals on Sunday this morning and they certainly had a different, more accurate approach. Kammie, Ian payne or whatever he's called and Mick McCarthy all agreed it was a fantastic game and payne even said he watched the whole thing 'and it was a great advertisement for the English game'.

Just like top of the pops succumbed to music downloads, match of the day is now almost completely irrelevant with football first/goals on sunday/soccer Saturday. Even match of the day 2 shits all over it. The bitterness on display from hansen and phil Thompson at various points of yesterday was laughable.

It's only ever good if Dixon's is on, and that's not even a given, since he seems a bit too timid to speak up to that smug cunt Lineker and his cronies.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby The Original Special One » Sun May 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Watched goals on Sunday this morning and they certainly had a different, more accurate approach. Kammie, Ian payne or whatever he's called and Mick McCarthy all agreed it was a fantastic game and payne even said he watched the whole thing 'and it was a great advertisement for the English game'.

I've always liked that programme: its got a great format and they all seem to be having a laugh.
I used to always try and tape it as it was on too early for me (!!!),....but now I see its available online, also!
The Original Special One

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 02, 2010 2:06 pm

I've always liked that programme: its got a great format and they all seem to be having a laugh.
I used to always try and tape it as it was on too early for me (!!!),....but now I see its available online, also!

Is that only for people in the UK?
For me it's not that big of a deal, cause I either see it on Saturday night (slightly too late for me, since I'm an hour ahead of you) or on Sunday morning (perfect, since I have a footy game of my own every Sunday at 11 am (my time, 10 for you).) But if I could catch the MOTD2 on the internet it'd be great, since I seldom make it to 24.15 on Sunday night after playing football then drinking beer, and then watcing foootball and then drinking beer ...
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby guv111 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Even match of the day 2 shits all over it.

This is very true. How bland and crap to you have to be to be outclassed by a budget version of yourself?

Actually, MoTD2 is a slight sign that occasionally the BBC can get it right; though it must have been a fluke as that omnipresent nasal clown Colin Murray is taking over soon - MoTD2 can then join its big bro in being a "shit show".
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby The Original Special One » Sun May 02, 2010 2:13 pm

guv111 wrote:

This is very true. How bland and crap to you have to be to be outclassed by a budget version of yourself?

Actually, MoTD2 is a slight sign that occasionally the BBC can get it right; though it must have been a fluke as that omnipresent nasal clown Colin Murray is taking over soon - MoTD2 can then join its big bro in being a "shit show".

If Murray is taking over MOTD2 hopefully he won't be on FiveLive any more.
He's even more unbearable than Green: he's like Green's annoying snotty-nosed kid brother
The Original Special One

Postby guv111 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:35 pm

guv111 wrote:

He's even more unbearable than Green: he's like Green's annoying snotty-nosed kid brother

100% agree. I mean, where did he come from? One minute he was in his usual slot on (Channel) Five, doing some Europa League footbal that hardly anyone watched, and now you can't escape him. And who decided that he had to be on all weekend, every weekend, forever?

Sadly, I doubt he will disappear from 5Live; I think it just means we will have even more of him, and I thought that was impossible till now!
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby guv111 » Sun May 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Actually, how does MOTD work, behind the scenes? Do the pundits and Bland Gary turn up in the morning and watch all the matches simultaneously, like a mult-TV version of Soccer Saturday? Or do they watch the main game live, then a few bits and pieces of other matches? Or maybe they watch what they want (or maybe nothing, because football actually bores them) and just say what they like because the BBC are so deluded that they think football fans actually LIKE Hansen and Lawrenson et al, and that sacking them would be disastrous for ratings? It's clear that they don't leave the studio, anyway. I'd have thought that some behind-the-scenes info would be only fair as we are entitled to know what our money is being spent on. After all, there are outtakes of just about every other programme the BBC makes easily available.

Anyway, whatever they do clearly doesn't work. There are charlatans on that programme who have clearly not seen the matches they are commenting on, or - if they have - they are being purposefully misleading.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun May 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Is it that time of the week again? :D
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun May 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Brilliant,just seen it.

God i look good on TV.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby spiv » Sun May 02, 2010 3:57 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Brilliant,just seen it.

God i look good on TV.

You're not a film star just yet, wait till the spuds game as the endimol team are up for filming on that.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Beeks » Sun May 02, 2010 3:59 pm

guv111 wrote:
guv111 wrote:

100% agree. I mean, where did he come from? One minute he was in his usual slot on (Channel) Five, doing some Europa League footbal that hardly anyone watched, and now you can't escape him. And who decided that he had to be on all weekend, every weekend, forever?

Sadly, I doubt he will disappear from 5Live; I think it just means we will have even more of him, and I thought that was impossible
till now!

unfortunately I've probably had to put up with him longer than most of you..before football he was a Texas holdem poker commentator!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby shawzy » Sun May 02, 2010 9:41 pm

I normally like MOTD2 but those 2 turkeys are on it.Hanson and Big ears......Just waiting to see what he says about his beloved Scouse1 ;-)

Edit - Pretty much slated them but he can hardly defend them haha
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby ant london » Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Brilliant,just seen it.

God i look good on TV.

http://footyroom.com/manchester-city-3- ... a-2010-05/

I just watched...v amusing

quite impressive to have your own Motty soundbyte "City scarves are being waved"
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon May 03, 2010 10:44 am

I cant believe that they never replayed the 3rd goal. If the f#cking scum scored like that they would be banging on about for the whole show.
A load of shit houses thats all they are.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum