Friedal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Friedal

Postby Dubciteh » Sat May 01, 2010 9:07 pm

39 and far from dodgy.

he was unlucky with the peno cant blame him on that, 3 defenders in a box leave ade unmarked cant blame him on that, and the corner he adjudged to come off collins(i think) no big deal from me. 2 world class saves from bellers and one of the best around imo even at nearly 40.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby edge275 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Dubciteh wrote:39 and far from dodgy.

he was unlucky with the peno cant blame him on that, 3 defenders in a box leave ade unmarked cant blame him on that, and the corner he adjudged to come off collins(i think) no big deal from me. 2 world class saves from bellers and one of the best around imo even at nearly 40.

Agree. I think Friedel is a top keeper.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby shawzy » Sat May 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Quite odd for a keeper to give a corner away like that....Overall hes a top keeper Brad.I rate the bloke

Edit - Fulop would of saved both there goals ;-)
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat May 01, 2010 9:22 pm

About the corner incident, I think there was a slight deflection so he tried to avoid giving the corner, but couldn't do that. As for the penalty, Tevez got lucky imho, the shot was powerful and yes he left a gap enough to let the ball pass but if he hadn't he wouldn't have been able to push himself far enough in case Tevez shot it just near the post, so it was a lose-lose situation for him. As for Ade's goal...to be honest I didn't expect Johnson to pass the ball there either, so I can understand why he would think our winger would shoot, and so he positioned himself to parry that danger. Leaving Ade alone was his defenders' mistake, not his.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby dazby » Sun May 02, 2010 7:04 am

Felt a bit like groundhog day when he went running wide for 3 balls that went for corners.

He wasn't that bad though Svenny.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 8:01 am

Fully agree with that.

Besides, this was the first time EVER he didn't have world class performance against us, just good one. How many times did he beat us pretty much single handedly (well usually it was that rag cunt Gamst Pedersen scoring the goals) when he was in Blackburn.

Alongside Cech, Van Der Sar and Given make the best four keepers in the league.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby irblinx » Sun May 02, 2010 8:13 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Besides, this was the first time EVER he didn't have world class performance against us, just good one. How many times did he beat us pretty much single handedly (well usually it was that rag cunt Gamst Pedersen scoring the goals) when he was in Blackburn.

I agree with Svenny.

It is the first time I can ever remember Friedal having a bad game against us, but by his standards he did. The penalty was poor, Ade's goal was weak and the corner incident was bizarre (he was the only person on the park that thought there had been a deflection, his defender gave him a right earful)
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby giokingkladze » Sun May 02, 2010 8:59 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Fully agree with that.

Besides, this was the first time EVER he didn't have world class performance against us, just good one. How many times did he beat us pretty much single handedly (well usually it was that rag cunt Gamst Pedersen scoring the goals) when he was in Blackburn.

Reina, in my opinion, is now the best keeper in the prem. Scousers would be bottom half without him this year
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Gio

Postby HeyMark » Sun May 02, 2010 11:23 am

giokingkladze wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Fully agree with that.

Reina, in my opinion, is now the best keeper in the prem. Scousers would be bottom half without him this year

I'd agree Reina is top 3 keepers in the world.
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby craigmcfc » Sun May 02, 2010 11:27 am

Not one of his better games yesterday, thankfully for us, but still a top keeper. His record of 200 and odd consecutive games is pretty amazing too
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum