Vieira

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira

Postby The Original Special One » Sun May 02, 2010 12:22 am

Green & Blue wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:His best game in a City short today. problem is how he legs may hold out on weds.

Barry will return if fit I hope, Vieira to the bench though Im sure he'd love to stick one on Spurs for old times sake.

Not that any extra incentive is needed for wednesday but im sure Vieira will relish the opportunity of getting one over on Spuds again.Would prob like to see Barry back in as im not sure he will be able to perform like he did today again so soon after.
Altough i must say i think him being in the side has gradually had a positive effect as his experience and presence rubs off on the other players when playing alongside him.

footballing smarts or legs?
That is the question!
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Green & Blue » Sun May 02, 2010 12:34 am

The Original Special One wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:His best game in a City short today. problem is how he legs may hold out on weds.

Barry will return if fit I hope, Vieira to the bench though Im sure he'd love to stick one on Spurs for old times sake.

Not that any extra incentive is needed for wednesday but im sure Vieira will relish the opportunity of getting one over on Spuds again.Would prob like to see Barry back in as im not sure he will be able to perform like he did today again so soon after.
Altough i must say i think him being in the side has gradually had a positive effect as his experience and presence rubs off on the other players when playing alongside him.

That is the question!

Indeed as i said i would prefer Barry if fit as i dont think he has the legs.
If needs be i think Vieira will be well up for it but i really do have my concerns about him playing games in such quick succession.
Tough decesion ahead for Mancini as it will be difficult to drop Vieira after todays display.
Last edited by Green & Blue on Sun May 02, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mike J » Sun May 02, 2010 12:38 am

ive been less than kind about him since he joined but he was class at times today. i still dont think he should be re signed next year but i hope he performs well again on wednesday if selected.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby The Original Special One » Sun May 02, 2010 12:43 am

Green & Blue wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

That is the question!

If needs be i think Vieira will be well up for it but i really do have my concerns about him playing games in such quick succession.
Tough decesion ahead for Mancini as it will be difficult to drop Vieira after todays display.

I've been very disappointed with Barry, apart from a few games early in the season.
I had liked him as a player for Villa and thought he could be a good signing for us, but no way is he a midfield general.
In fact, having started as a left back, he's neither one thing or the other, at present.

Hopefully, if he has been carrying an injury he'll get it sorted during the off-season.
Though if Manca is confirmed as manager for next season, he may well be looking around for a proper midfield general
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Green & Blue » Sun May 02, 2010 12:56 am

Green & Blue wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

That is the question!

I've been very disappointed with Barry, apart from a few games early in the season.
I had liked him as a player for Villa and thought he could be a good signing for us, but no way is he a midfield general.
In fact, having started as a left back, he's neither one thing or the other, at present.

Hopefully, if he has been carrying an injury he'll get it sorted during the off-season.
Though if Manca is confirmed as manager for next season, he may well be looking around for a proper midfield general

Agree mate i think he will put his stamp on the side during the summer if he gets the knod , which i believe he will.
I thinkthe fact that he brought in Vieira shows that he had his doubts about the hand he had to play with in midfield.
Hes been very effective in the transfer market at past clubs so i hope hes around to see what he can do for us.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum