PreMatch Presentation To Bernard

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

PreMatch Presentation To Bernard

Postby King Kev » Sat May 01, 2010 5:52 pm

A nice touch by the club, and it was good to see him get a good ovation from the fans.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: PreMatch Presentation To Bernard

Postby Blue Toy » Sat May 01, 2010 5:55 pm

Yeah, looked like he was loving it too.

Did you see the big hug he gave Mancini and Kidd too.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Until they decided to throw the music on???

Great to see Bernie getting the award, and to think he's been there for 50 years. A legend in my eyes and well worth the applause he got.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Just a pity they sent Cookie out to hold his hand, as it caused a bit of a mixed reaction in the North stand.

If you're reading this, Bernard, none of the boos were aimed at you. Unless you came up with the words 'matchday experience, in which case, boooo
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Just a pity they sent Cookie out to hold his hand, as it caused a bit of a mixed reaction in the North stand.

If you're reading this, Bernard, none of the boos were aimed at you. Unless you came up with the words 'matchday experience, in which case, boooo

'uck me, people were booing? I'm glad I didn't hear that cos that'd've put me on one. Regardless of Cookie giving the award, it was to the one and only Bernard Halford. Some people need to understand who is who at the club!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sat May 01, 2010 6:25 pm

50 years! Bernard you are a legend.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby edge275 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:Just a pity they sent Cookie out to hold his hand, as it caused a bit of a mixed reaction in the North stand.

'uck me, people were booing? I'm glad I didn't hear that cos that'd've put me on one. Regardless of Cookie giving the award, it was to the one and only Bernard Halford. Some people need to understand who is who at the club!

I think they were booing because they felt Bernard hadn't been at the club long enough to deserve the award.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Return to The Maine Football forum