WEDNESDAY NIGHT: BELIEVE

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

WEDNESDAY NIGHT: BELIEVE

Postby Manx Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 5:21 pm

No Bullshit, No Fighting, No Pessimism...strap on your shinpads, tie up your laces and get your game faces on... Lets get behind the team!

If Spurs beat us, after having beaten Chelsea and Arsenal, they will have deserved it as we have drawn too many games.

But if we can keep behind the team through every misplaced pass, flap from a 'Keeper and stray shot from a forward...if we can raise our game, we can lift our team to places they have never taken us.

Every week we ask for Victory and every week the team try's it's hardest. Now the roles are Reversed.

[center]WEDNESDAY NIGHT GIVE YOUR ALL, BUT MOST OF ALL...[/center]

[center]BELIEVE[/center]
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: WEDNESDAY NIGHT: BELIEVE

Postby Vhero » Sat May 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Last edited by Vhero on Sat May 01, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby edge275 » Sat May 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Have you been taking lessons from Avram Grant?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Manx Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 5:26 pm

LOL! Vhero...a splendid reposte...Edge, no

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 5:26 pm

In half of it ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat May 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Umm, ok
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Manx Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Image
In half of it ;-)

I hope you aren't believing in Red and white Beefy?

Manx Blue

Postby King Kev » Sat May 01, 2010 5:28 pm

At times today you could really see the players being lifted by the fans. They started chasing down balls that they would normally have given up on and you could see them react to the roar of the crowd.

If we can get behind them again like that on Wednesday then there is no reason why we can't turn them over.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Vhero » Sat May 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Manx Blue wrote:

LOL! Vhero...a splendid reposte...Edge, no

Can't help myself will be the last time I promise lol...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Sat May 01, 2010 5:30 pm

My entire week will revolve around 3am Thursday morning.

Not sure how I am gonna make it especially now there is a countdown.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Manx Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 5:33 pm

King Kev wrote:At times today you could really see the players being lifted by the fans. They started chasing down balls that they would normally have given up on and you could see them react to the roar of the crowd.

If we can get behind them again like that on Wednesday then there is no reason why we can't turn them over.

I was listening to the radio feed through the OS this afternoon, and I thought those in attendance were pretty much on it from the first five minutes or so, all the way through the game.

Even after they scored, yes there was a little blip for a few minutes, but the crowd were straight back into it as we got the sucession of corners.

We know the players can give anyone a game. If the support can give the same commitment as this afteroon or an extra 10%, we'll be fine.

Manx Blue

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat May 01, 2010 5:34 pm

I will once again get my hopes up and do all i can as a supporter but dont let me down city.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Manx Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Slim wrote:My entire week will revolve around 3am Thursday morning.

Not sure how I am gonna make it especially now there is a countdown.

I can just imagine RM at Carrington getting the team prepared on Monday with a speech, when he swings round a laptop with Vhero's Countdown on the screen!!

Manx Blue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 5:40 pm

King Kev wrote:At times today you could really see the players being lifted by the fans. They started chasing down balls that they would normally have given up on and you could see them react to the roar of the crowd.

It's gonna be Hamburg all over again.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sat May 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

But with a happy ending, right?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 5:44 pm

King Kev wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

But with a happy ending, right?

Oh yes mate, this is the home game, the ground was rocking.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 01, 2010 5:53 pm

I thought there was more positive support from the crowd today than for a long time. Probably because we attacked from the off & played much better football than Villa. I recon it'll be even moreso v Spurs & if they beat us fair & square, without help from the ref etc, then they will really have earned 4th place & I hold my hands up. If I was a supporter of any club though, I wouldn't be looking forward to travelling to Eastlands this week.

I think we'll do them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Manx Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 8:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I thought there was more positive support from the crowd today than for a long time. Probably because we attacked from the off & played much better football than Villa. I recon it'll be even moreso v Spurs & if they beat us fair & square, without help from the ref etc, then they will really have earned 4th place & I hold my hands up. If I was a supporter of any club though, I wouldn't be looking forward to travelling to Eastlands this week.

I think we'll do them.

here here Tedward. On the radio ( webcast) Hinchcliffe was saying maybe that maybe the players didn't beleve they could get the job done. Now the line is almost in sight, and Spurs within touching distance, it will give them such an incentive to get the victory on Wednesday

Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Mon May 03, 2010 7:41 pm

And... BANG!...just like that...we're under 48 hours away!

Nice work Vhero!

Manx Blue

Postby fees » Mon May 03, 2010 7:47 pm

My nerves are already shot and the heart is beating fast. And there are still 48 hours to go...
fees
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum