Jinky Johnson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jinky Johnson

Postby ruralblue » Sat May 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Fantastic player with plenty of ability and he shows why he starts and that he can go far. Good move to bring him off though for SWP, he had faded and was tired.

Brilliant prospect
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby CityGer » Sat May 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Looks the dogs nuts. Great feet, as good as you'll see and I love the fact that he really backs himself to beat people.

Needs to work on his fitness. Terrible stamina for a young lad. Don't want to dampen things though. He is going to be a star. A cracking signing.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat May 01, 2010 6:08 pm

I dont want to see him built up too much, this is where we need to take a leaf out of fergies book and protect our young players. I dont think we did that with micah, or ireland. Keep them out of the limelight and let the more experienced players take the spotlight.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat May 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Won the peno for us, assisted the 2nd with superb calmness and composure. Great game.

Right decision to take him off tonight, he's simply not fit enough to play all 90mins..
He also has to step up in the big matches.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Green & Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Hes made a huge impact and really could be the wild card for Capello.Im sure Pearce will be reporting back with a big thumbs up after watching the game today.
Hes really gained the confidence of the players around him.Its noticable that the players are looking up to find him when they are on the ball and get it out to him.He does look like he tends to fade towards the end of games but he puts in a real shift so its no surprise.As someone already pointed out, it will be interesting to see him in action after a full preseason with city behind him.
Green & Blue

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Hes made a huge impact and really could be the wild card for Capello.Im sure Pearce will be reporting back with a big thumbs up after watching the game today.
Hes really gained the confidence of the players around him.Its noticable that the players are looking up to find him when they are on the ball and get it out to him.He does look like he tends to fade towards the end of games but he puts in a real shift so its no surprise.As someone already pointed out, it will be interesting to see him in action after a full preseason with city behind him.

If you've got his talent & you put in that kind of workrate you're 90% of the way to being a player. It will depend on whether he can get the fitness to do it for 90 mins though & pre season may help as you say.

What I also like about him is that he rarely gives the ball away needlessly, until he gets tired anyway, he has the brains to keep possession in tight situations & not do a Robinho/Ireland/SWP & set the other side up with attacks when half the team are out of position. To be so calm, so early in his career at a new club is very impressive. That's the sign of a potential top international player.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mike J » Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 pm

the new giggs, which is about the highest praise i can give him as ive always thought giggs was utter class. just needs to improve is fitness.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Green & Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Mike J wrote:the new giggs, which is about the highest praise i can give him as ive always thought giggs was utter class. just needs to improve is fitness.

Plenty of similarities alright.
Green & Blue

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat May 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Don't want to piss on anyones chips but a year ago people said we've got the next Zidane in our Stevie.. now some want him off-loaded and some think whether he was just a one season wonder.

Time will tell.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby CityGer » Sat May 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Don't want to piss on anyones chips but a year ago people said we've got the next Zidane in our Stevie.. now some want him off-loaded and some think whether he was just a one season wonder.

Time will tell.

Big difference. Ireland looked ordinary before last season and has been ordinary since. This lad has shown real class and promise during his entire career.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: us

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sat May 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Great skill and composure. We are lucky to have him.

Not his best match for delivery of corners but that did not stop him trying and making significant contributions to the match.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:Great skill and composure. We are lucky to have him.

Not his best match for delivery of corners but that did not stop him trying and making significant contributions to the match.

2 of his contributions won us the match mate.....agree about the crossing, it,s criminal not to get that ball past the first post ffs !
Bellemy was shocking at it against Arsenal and he still hasnt got any better at it.

I hope they concentrate on this in training mon and tues.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby The Original Special One » Sat May 01, 2010 7:13 pm

CityGer wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:Don't want to piss on anyones chips but a year ago people said we've got the next Zidane in our Stevie.. now some want him off-loaded and some think whether he was just a one season wonder.

Time will tell.

Big difference. Ireland looked ordinary before last season and has been ordinary since. This lad has shown real class and promise during his entire career.

I disagree
Ireland has always been quality

I believe though, despite all his natural ability, he's got a serious inferiority complex because if there's a more strong-willed, less talented, player playing alongside him he tends to let him dominate
(as with Joey Barton, and, this season, Gareth Barry)
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby failsworthblue » Sat May 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Needs to get a lot fitter.

Great control and touch , but does not have that electric pace.

Great talent though, but definately not the finished article.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby saulman » Sat May 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Top quality player. Very promising talent. Fantastic buy.
Who was responsible for signing him do you reckon?
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 01, 2010 8:05 pm

french_tony wrote:Fantastic player and him and Tevez are starting to develop a really good understnding together. Bags of skill, pace and has a final ball. Perfect winger.
Just needs to work in his fitness, be more affective defensively and maybe bulk up a little bit 9not as much as Richards!).

He works well with both Bellamy and Ade too, very promising for next season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Svensational wrote:When he won the penalty and after Ade scored, on both occasions he turned to the stands and lifted his arms up to lift the croud. It definately looked like it did, this lad is very impressive.

I saw that on MoTD - trying to get the crowd to lift the team. Classic.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Goataldo » Sat May 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Amazing!

Pardon my ignorance/recentness but I can't remember a more positive thread on this site! No one can say anything bad about this lad, he's an absolute pure class joy to watch brilliant footballer, and MHiggi has it right; we even have a song to match

Oh Adam Jooooohnson....................he makes your fullbacks look shiiiiiiite!

as an aside, heard an funny version of the johnson song at Arsenal: 'Oh Adam Johnson, you are the love of my life; oh Adam Johnson, I'd let you shag my wife'. Not too sure of the opinions of the wives concerned, but still, amusing song nonetheless.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Wonderwall » Sat May 01, 2010 10:22 pm

I am amazed nobody picked him up last summer after boro were relegated, the only person unhappy about his signing will be swp.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby edge275 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:24 pm

I'd love to see next season Adam Johnson on the right and Eden Hazard on the left.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum